Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Café Gratitude enrollment
Posted by: thotcontrol ()
Date: August 18, 2009 08:46AM

corboy, I frequently hear of frivolous law suits for $ in the news and have seen and signed all kinds of waivers so many times!

A society where we sue the crap out of each other when ever we get the chance and where we have long waivers with tons and tons of *ss covering small print to protect ourselves from each other - all seems less then optimum to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 19, 2009 12:17AM

Lanmark tried to sue Rick Ross out of existence and the suit was dismissed with prejudice, meaning LEC cannot ever sue Rick again.

LEC has tried suing others, as well.

When a private citizen sues a large and secretive group for damages incurred, this is apparently considered a 'frivolous lawsuit' by your standards.

When something like LEC sues, its noble human potential activity.

Ish.

LEC has also had some media exposure here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Mother Jones July/August 2009 Issue article by Laura McClure:

[www.motherjones.com]...

Landmark response in "Landmark's the Spot" section:

[www.motherjones.com]

"intellectual rigor"...GMAB

Date: August 19, 2009 12:39AM

corboy, I was referring to individuals and companies, who have no means of making a living, suing others for the profit - whoever that includes. I would exclude any lawsuits that are valid on a case by case basis. You ever see those billboard signs along the interstate where two lawyers in suits want you to call them if you ever slipped on some ice or had a car accident? This is the frivolous side of suing for profit I was thinking of.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 19, 2009 11:25PM

Caligari provided this link:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Deconstructing Landmark

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 19, 2009 11:38PM

Corboy, how does that "Deconstructing Landmark" link tie into this Café Gratitude or litigation over a possible wrongful dismissal thread, I am confused now.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: August 21, 2009 02:14AM

Everyone, here is a news link published today over at Cultnews.net (Rick's news headline site) about Cafe Gratitude being a cult.

[missionmission.wordpress.com]

Good info, thotcontrol.

Café Gratitude enrollment
Date: August 21, 2009 02:32AM

Thanks Sparky.

Sparky, do you think all this internet response will hurt the past and present employees who work at Cafe Gratitude and also Ash Ritter who was the subject of the story? In this recession where people need jobs, if patronage slows down do to negative publicity - servers may be laid off or just not feel good about working there and what restaurant would ever hire Ash Ritter after reading about this story? I have my doubts.

Cafe Gratitude brought this upon themselves, but do I want to contribute to that potential hardship for the employees and Ash Ritter?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 21, 2009 03:24AM

thotcontrol:

You seem to want to shut down discussion here.

Is that your only purpose on this board is to impede discussion and do the best you can to shut down this thread?

All your posts appear to lead in that general direction.

Café Gratitude enrollment
Date: August 21, 2009 04:23AM

rrmoderator:

Where do you arrive at that conclusion from what was said?

I posted about issues related Cafe Graitude enrollment and a possible wrongful dismisal and staying close to that topic.

Is my purpose on this board is to impede discussion and do my best to shut down this thread? No it is not.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 21, 2009 08:56PM

thotcontrol:

OK.

But that's how it seems.

Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.