Two good / tough question to ask someone at Landmark evening
Posted by: QuestioningMinds ()
Date: October 22, 2004 04:04AM

What two or three tough question can I put to a Landmark sales person that will bother them?

I am looking for tactful questions that will make them think – yes this is a challenging request.

For those of you that read my first posting my update is that I am going to see the intro evening. I have gone once before (2 years ago) and found it easy to think it is crap and will do so once more.

I have made a promise to go and see it again and that is the reason that I am going.

(I am putting another new post to keep my the topics separate).

Again thank you for your feedback and help with the challenges that I am up against with the bloody cult / LGAT.

QM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 23, 2004 01:39AM

I don't see this as a meaningful focus or topic.

I would not recommend attending functions at Landmark to disrupt and/or essentially with some sort of hidden agenda.

Instead, you should have a frank discussion up front to express your concerns with the person you are concerned about.

If this seems too difficult then see "Coping Strategies" for some other possible responses.

Be honest and don't be deceptive.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: October 23, 2004 02:23AM

QuestioningMinds
What two or three tough question can I put to a Landmark sales person that will bother them?

I am looking for tactful questions that will make them think – yes this is a challenging request.

For those of you that read my first posting my update is that I am going to see the intro evening. I have gone once before (2 years ago) and found it easy to think it is crap and will do so once more.

I have made a promise to go and see it again and that is the reason that I am going.

(I am putting another new post to keep my the topics separate).

Again thank you for your feedback and help with the challenges that I am up against with the bloody cult / LGAT.

QM

Don't know if you are aware of this but your question sounds like one that many Landmarkers use to try to get "information" they can use to formulate the defenses they feed their members. They like to do "end runs" around the bad PR so that they can be prepared when the questions come up in the "seminars" or "introductory mettings."

Besides, if you've been involved with someone who has been deeply devoted for a while, you already know what the problems are.

Why don't you tell us some of them?

Ellen

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 23, 2004 02:39AM

Your promise sounds very much like the Landmark jargon used in the Forum before participants really know what is going to happen. It's okay to change your mind and not go.

Posted by: glam ()
Date: October 23, 2004 03:17AM

Not all that challenging. Just think for yourself. And if the "salesperson" says something that doesn't make sense to you or raises red flags, just counter it with an intelligent question.

Even if your purpose is to dredge up info to help fellow Landmarkers "handle" probing questions, think what using that technique might do for you!

You might find, once you question things, that what you're trying to do here isn't really worth it. You might find you're able to start thinking more clearly again.

Give it a try. See what happens.

Posted by: lanajae ()
Date: October 23, 2004 03:51AM

Please don't go tonight.

You can't help your girlfriend by going to the intro meeting - you're sending her the wrong message. Would you give your dog a treat after it just destroyed something in your house?

You are in a vulnerable position right now because you see your relationship ending because of Landmark. They will take advantage of this and you'll end up justifying going to the forum telling yourself you're only going because you want to help get her out of it. By the end of tonight, she'll be offering to pay for the forum for you, even if it means going in debt. She'll tell you that she loves you that much, that this means so much to her to give you this gift.

Your girlfriend is under tremendous pressure right now, she has to bring someone in and she's willing to do whatever it takes to get you there. She's not thinking about you as a person at all - you are a goal, and one that she has to conquer to make her life meaningful - for her - not you.

If you had a friend addicted to meth (or crack or whatever), would you try it once so you could get them to stop?

Our friend just went through what you're going through. His choices were either go, or give up the relationship he'd been building over the last two years. He chose to go. He read everything there was to read about Landmark, he thought once he was in, he could convince her that it was a load of BS - he thought he should mean more to her than Landmark. Right now, 3 weeks later, there is literally nothing left of his personality. He can't see it - he thinks he's fine and exactly the same person he always was. He told me he was done after the forum, that's all he agreed to and she said that was ok, but now he's going to the forum in action too.

Your girlfriend made a choice between you, a human being that she loves, and an organization - isn't that bad enough?

Posted by: Rachel ()
Date: October 23, 2004 06:49PM

QM because it plays into exactly what they want.

You are making an assumption that through some sort of intelligent questioning you could expose them or convince them. But they are not meeting your enquiry with respect or with any intention of open mindedness. To them, you are an object that can be used to serve their purposes. Also they will take note of your points and use them to make further counter arguments to suck in others.

I had the experience of being 'used' in this fashion when a friend who was trying to get me to go, asked what my concerns were and after a very long evening of me giving a thoughtful and very sincere explanation, he simply said 'Good, I will use that to better shape my arguments with others' !!! There's being 'authentic' for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.