Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
"Career Opportunities" at Landmark Education
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 03, 2007 02:37AM

[www.landmarkeducation.com]

I wonder if one of the prerequisites to get a job at Landmark Education is that you must have paid for and taken the Landmark Forum and other coures, eg the Advanced Course, etc. ??

I wonder if another prerequisite to get a job at Landmark Education is that you have to have worked as an unpaid volunteer laborer with Landmark Education in their " Assissting Program ", for a set number of hours before being considered for a paid position ??

Here is an interesting description for the "Attorney" requested position:
[www.landmarkeducation.com]
"Manage matters that empower Landmark Education and its existing affiliates regarding corporate, real estate and intellectual property matters. "

So they are using terms like "empower Landmark Education..." in their job descriptions? I wonder what sorts of candidates they will get when they utilize Landmark Education jargon in their job descriptions - the same Landmark Education jargon that some have compared to psychiatrist Robert Lifton's loaded language from his book Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism ??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: September 09, 2007 10:15PM

I guess you need to be on the leadership program before you can be a staff member of Landmark education.

I wonder how many attorneys they already have ... scary scary

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 10, 2007 02:33AM

they even want their lawyers to be brainwashed fanatic True Believers...if you look at the main longtime "loyal" people for Werner Erhard, its been a few lawyers, who act as his "friend" while being paid by the hour. Notice the ONLY people Werner Erhard seems to "trust" are those contained withing lawyer-client privilege? That guy should be in 24/7 lock-down, not running away from Life-Reality on a boat like a coward. (why do crazy cult-leaders so often seem to end their lives living a boat somewhere? Paranoid personality disorder, combined with Antisocial personalities...ya think?...).

From what has been displayed so far from Landmark Dis-Education's legal dept, they clearly pick their lawyers based on perceived loyalty, and not talent or skill.
The guy has lost every single time, and each time its been a PR disaster, which has now rendered their massive ill-gotten legal arsenal almost useless. What they tried to pull against the EFF was utterly idiotic and moronic, now the EFF and the world knows that Landmark is cannot face the facts, and thus have no grounds to stand on.

It appears Landmark is too paranoid to hire a proper, decent, unbrainwashed lawyer who might give proper advice. They only want lifetime loyalists to know where the "bodies are buried"...so to speak.

Date: September 10, 2007 03:46AM

The Anticult
they even want their lawyers to be brainwashed fanatic True Believers...if you look at the main longtime "loyal" people for Werner Erhard, its been a few lawyers, who act as his "friend" while being paid by the hour. Notice the ONLY people Werner Erhard seems to "trust" are those contained withing lawyer-client privilege? That guy should be in 24/7 lock-down, not running away from Life-Reality on a boat like a coward. (why do crazy cult-leaders so often seem to end their lives living a boat somewhere? Paranoid personality disorder, combined with Antisocial personalities...ya think?...).

From what has been displayed so far from Landmark Dis-Education's legal dept, they clearly pick their lawyers based on perceived loyalty, and not talent or skill.
The guy has lost every single time, and each time its been a PR disaster, which has now rendered their massive ill-gotten legal arsenal almost useless. What they tried to pull against the EFF was utterly idiotic and moronic, now the EFF and the world knows that Landmark is cannot face the facts, and thus have no grounds to stand on.

It appears Landmark is too paranoid to hire a proper, decent, unbrainwashed lawyer who might give proper advice. They only want lifetime loyalists to know where the "bodies are buried"...so to speak.

A few past attorneys for Werner Erhard, and some key facts (if you know of other individuals or information tidbits, add below)

Art Schreiber
Was personal attorney for Werner Erhard
[en.wikisource.org]
(Present) - General Counsel and Chairman of the Board of Directors, Landmark Education
[www.homeofpoi.com]

Martin Leaf
Was personal attorney for Werner Erhard in suit against IRS
[findarticles.com]
Sent threatening letter on behalf of Landmark Education as their attorney, to American Family Foundation, AFF, precursor to the International Cultic Studies Foundation, ICSA
[upload.wikimedia.org]
Represented Landmark Education in lawsuit against the Cult Awareness Network
[findarticles.com]

Walter Maksym
Was personal attorney for Werner Erhard, represented Werner Erhard in lawsuit against 20 defendants, including CBS News, 60 Minutes
[www.skepticfiles.org]
Under company, Breakthru Publishing
[www.searchabook.us]
or Walter Maksym Publishing
[www.dietsdontwork.net]
involved in publishing "book" - 60 Minutes and the Assasination of Werner Erhard
Executive Producer of Werner Erhard "infomercial" - Transformation: The Life and Legacy of Werner Erhard
[www.imdb.com]
and
[www.jmls.edu]

You know, I posted this here, but this info is so good it warrants its own thread as well ...

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: September 12, 2007 04:36PM

I wonder if one of the prerequisites to get a job at Landmark Education is that you must have paid for and taken the Landmark Forum and other coures, eg the Advanced Course, etc. ??

I wonder if another prerequisite to get a job at Landmark Education is that you have to have worked as an unpaid volunteer laborer with Landmark Education in their " Assissting Program ", for a set number of hours before being considered for a paid position ??

As an ex paid staff member officially the only pre-requisite is that you are a graduate of the landmark forum however generally they would only take on staff who have completed the curriculum for living and have completed or are completing ILP. They also prefer that you have done the communications programme.

I was one of the few staff who started without completing the curriculum for living (I did SELP while on staff) I also was only half way through ILP and had not completed the communication programme. I completed ILP and the communication programme while I was on staff. I also reviewed the forum and advanced course while on staff.

You don't have to have done any assisting however most people have as that is how they find out about what a staff member does. also as most staff have completed ILP they would have assisted as you have to have done some assisting prior to starting ILP and it is also an agreement you have as part of ILP to do some assisting each week.

for those of you who don't know SELP = self expression and leadership programme, ILP = Introduction leaders programme.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 13, 2007 04:07PM

sonnie-dee,
so I'm curious about how come it costs so much money to learn how to assist, as I have seen what these "assistants" do, sit at a table and hand out little name tags, and little cards where people write in their name.

Most Grade 9 students could do this after 15 minutes of instruction. Yet it seems to me that one has to spend in excess of $1,000.00 to learn how to do this. (????) correct me if I am wrong, and let me know what it is that assistants do that requires a four days of "training"..

Thanks,
'shad'

Date: September 14, 2007 09:39AM

so I'm curious about how come it costs so much money to learn how to assist, as I have seen what these "assistants" do, sit at a table and hand out little name tags, and little cards where people write in their name.

Most Grade 9 students could do this after 15 minutes of instruction. Yet it seems to me that one has to spend in excess of $1,000.00 to learn how to do this. (????) correct me if I am wrong, and let me know what it is that assistants do that requires a four days of "training"..

Thanks,
'shad'

I am a little unsure about where you got the cost to assist from as there is no cost to assist andt here is no four days of training. Assisting is a voluntery programme where people assist in different roles in the centre perhaps the most well known assisting role is that of assisting during a course.

There are also assisting positions around the office work for example in my role on staff I had to have numerous people assisting me with calling people before programmes began, putting their names into the pc making sure people had paid and completed their course information forms.

Filling my assisting teams were a hard part of the role, it was really about manipulating people to give up their time to help me in my job simply because the role was too big for one person to do alone.

Landmark makes money because they keep the number of paid staff to a minimum. If they were to pay people to do the work assistants they would probably close down simply because of the losses they would make.

Date: September 14, 2007 09:46AM

sonnie_dee
Landmark makes money because they keep the number of paid staff to a minimum. If they were to pay people to do the work assistants they would probably close down simply because of the losses they would make.

And that is exactly it.

When you take into account the results of the investigation by the federal department of labor in France
[www.culteducation.com]

As well as the three investigations by the United States Federal Department of Labor
[www.culteducation.com]

If there were more rulings that Landmark Education had to accord their unpaid volunteer laborers in the "assisting program" as employees, that would have a huge impact.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: September 14, 2007 02:18PM

quote] Filling my assisting teams were a hard part of the role, it was really about manipulating people to give up their time to help me in my job simply because the role was too big for one person to do alone.

Landmark makes money because they keep the number of paid staff to a minimum. If they were to pay people to do the work assistants they would probably close down simply because of the losses they would make.[/quote]

yep, sonnie_dee, that says it all, eh? "[b:0eccf8421a]manipulating people [/b:0eccf8421a]to GIVE UP THEIR TIME! - nice...If they paid people they would be like every other company that has to conduct business in an ethical manner. They would not be paying Werner Erhard 50% of the profits (before tax) every quarter!...So he sits on the beach in the Cayman Islands, living the life of O'Riley, while his little slaves work away for no pay....very good scam!

Pity you can't find better use of your time and talents.

'shad'

Date: September 14, 2007 06:17PM

They would not be paying Werner Erhard 50% of the profits (before tax) every quarter!...So he sits on the beach in the Cayman Islands, living the life of O'Riley, while his little slaves work away for no pay....very good scam!

Where did you get this information that 50% of the profits go to werner? I am sorry but I don't believe this is accurate. having read the financial documentation that was provided to all shareholders I never saw 50% of the profits being paid to werner. to be honest I don't recall seeing any payments full stop!

Pity you can't find better use of your time and talents.

Just to clarify I am no longer involved with landmark at all and I have a lot of better things to use my time and talents on...

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.