Date: June 05, 2007 08:12PM

Lanmark is not about money , it's about transformation :twisted:

Options: ReplyQuote
Man with Ph.D. earns $7.87 per hour at Landmark Education
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: June 05, 2007 09:27PM

MartinH
Lanmark is not about money , it's about transformation :twisted:

Oh ? [b:c2e0f599b7]Transformation[/b:c2e0f599b7] into what, pray tell ?

Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 05, 2007 11:51PM

LOLOL...

A portrait of a Landmark marriage
if you read between the lines with a
healthy dose of skepticism.

Ellen

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: June 06, 2007 12:02AM

most staff earn paltry amounts except for the forum leaders and the higher ups in world head quarters. I know I took a massive pay cut when I started working for landmark and the one and only pay increase came about because we worked out that landmark was breaking the law and not even paying our countries minimum wage.

We were constantly told that landmark is not in it for the money yet everything was constantly about money! Inparticular how to save it where we could.

transformation is the golden word around landmark... shame its just a pile of crap in the end

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: June 06, 2007 04:15AM

sonnie_dee
most staff earn paltry amounts except for the forum leaders and the higher ups in world head quarters. I know I took a massive pay cut when I started working for landmark and the one and only pay increase came about because we worked out that landmark was breaking the law and not even paying our countries minimum wage.

We were constantly told that landmark is not in it for the money yet everything was constantly about money! Inparticular how to save it where we could.

transformation is the golden word around landmark... shame its just a pile of crap in the end
You wrote:

"...the one and only pay increase came about because we worked out that landmark was breaking the law and not even paying our countries minimum wage." -- Any more info and/or documents on this? Was there a government ruling or press in whatever country?

Date: June 06, 2007 01:49PM

"...the one and only pay increase came about because we worked out that landmark was breaking the law and not even paying our countries minimum wage." -- Any more info and/or documents on this? Was there a government ruling or press in whatever country?[/quote

There are no documents simply because it was brought to our managers attention during a staff meeting he took it to the regional manager and two weeks later our pay went up so that it was above the minimum wage.

There was no government intervention and no press simply because at that time we all heavily believed in what we were doing. It only came about because one person sat down and worked out her rate of pay against the hours she worked and then told us what the result was so we did the same...

When I left landmark I had a large credit card debt simply because I couldn't live on the amount I was being paid. I also left very run down and tired simply because I was working a horrific amount of hours each week. I would start work around 8am and stay until midnight usually, with out breaks. All of which were in breach of our laws but I was not as knowledgable as I am now and I didn't have the strength to fight landmark when I left.

The reality is that landmark pays their office staff small amounts and makes them work extremely hard for that small pay packet each week. Landmark makes millions by paying their staff small amounts, by having large numbers of volunteers doing their work for free and charging unsuspecting public large amounts to sit in a room and be humiliated.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: June 06, 2007 02:26PM

I can only speak as a volunteer in the TMLP (team managment and leadership prgram), after a while I was at a point were I could not manage work and TMLP, and was concerned about my costs for the travel etc. ...
(for half a year in total 3000 $)

I thought for myself that I will do whatever program at Landmark if it produces results in my life and in my job ...

at some point, where I realized that the amount of calls and meetings strongly interferred with my work performance, I decided to stop

after this sane reaction, I was only humilated by the program manager. She still talks badly about me, because I left (integrity and nonsense)

Date: June 06, 2007 03:45PM

TMLP and TMLP2 are both strenuous, consuming courses. The team in our centre had to travel to Australia (average flight then was $1k return) for the weekends, plus accomodation etc.

Pressure was put on the communication managers to make sure no one left the programme. I remember one 3 hour call I had to sit through when one of the team wanted to leave when I was the communication manager it was awful. In the end the person stayed but I felt terrible that they had been pressured into it and that I had been bullied into putting on some of the pressure.

I remember that the participants had a lot of pressure to ensure that the registrations for the communication courses were met each week which meant them coming in to cold call participants who had completed the forum, advanced course and SELP.

Because of the level of participation, integrity was always brought up when someone was wanting to leave. Its an amazingly influential subject!

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: June 06, 2007 03:54PM

As I see it when people have volunteered for no pay at all they see that they can do the same thing and get paid for it. They are willing to take a paycut from their current salary because now they start "doing something meaningful" in the world. Only to find out that the workinghours are a bit different from their previous job. Now you are supposed to get things done without RUNNING RACKETS or WINNING FORMULAS and that ususally takes a lot of time. Say your WF is to be effective - then you cannot use that effieciency because it has probably caused you to OUT OF RELATION with people so now you spend a lot of time on the phone RELATING to people (which probably is fun actually). But since you were supposed to call 50 people that day you simply cannot do it and your whole day becomes a BREAKDOWN so the next day you have to turn on your effectivness again and then you are OUT OF RELATION again and then your calls becomes disasters and out of the 50 people you call that day only 1 registred to the forum.

Round and round it goes until you hit the wall :shock:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.