Re: PSI Seminars: Legal Action?
Date: June 19, 2010 10:45PM
I found these posts on another site. I wanted to say thanks to Rev Kev and Kevin for adding their thoughts.
2. Written by Kevin, on 12-06-2010 15:02
Tom and Jane Willhite sat right next to Werner Erhard/Jack Rosenberg in Alexander Everett’s Mind Dynamics class in 1971. Mind Dynamics was bought by Holiday Magic owner William Penn Patrick in 1970 to complement his Leadership Dynamics course. All managers in the Holiday Magic company were required to take the Leadership and Mind Dynamics courses.
William Penn Patrick (Tom Willhite’s tutor) was a mean and greedy man who ran a Federal Trade Commission indicted pyramid scheme that didn’t pay salesmen commissions and loaded up garages of unsalable cosmetics on poor unsuspecting saps. WPP physically slapped his wife Marie and his children as well as kick and punch vulnerable non self-confident Leadership Dynamics participants. WPP stole Alexander Everett’s mindful and thoughtful approaches to self help and twisted them into to a highly profitable mind-bending money machine for his minions.
Werner Erhard/Jack Rosenberg and Tom and Jane Willhite learned their crafts from the Leadership/Mind Dynamics courses to create EST, Forum, Landmark Education, and PSI Seminars.
Many others came from these classes to create other Large Group Awareness Trainings and Encounter Groups. The results are easy to find.
To find out more about how EST/PSI Seminars started read: Outrageous Betrayal: The Real Story of Werner Erhard from Est to Exile by Steven Pressman,ISBN-10: 0312092962, ISBN-13: 978-0312092962
To find out about what went on in the early days Leadership Dynamics at Ricky’s Hyatt House and how Tom Willhite's mentor acted, read: The pit: a group encounter defiled by Gene Church & Conrad D. Carnes, ISBN-10: 0876900872, ISBN-13: 978-0876900871
To find out more about the techniques taught in PSI Seminars read: The Power of Alpha Thinking: Miracle of the Mind by Jess Stern, ISBN-10: 0451072782, ISBN-13: 978-0451072788.
To understand why PSI minions get sucked into spending every cent they have on the seminars read: Cults in Our Midst: The Hidden Menace in our Everyday Lives, (Hardcover-is the complete text, the paperback version is not the complete text) by Margaret Singer, Hardcover: 381 pages. Publisher: Jossey-Bass; 1 edition (May 1995), ISBN-10: 0787900516, ISBN-13: 978-0787900519. PSI World is noted on pages 41, 202-203.
Margaret lists six conditions that create the atmosphere in which indoctrination takes place:
1. Keep the person unaware that there is an agenda to control or change the person.
2. Control time and physical environment (contacts, information).
3. Create a sense of powerlessness, fear, and dependency.
4. Suppress old behavior and attitudes.
5. Instill new behavior and attitudes.
6. Put forth a closed system of logic.
Now for the answers to the above conditions: 1. You’ll have to experience it for yourself. 2. No watches, long classes, no eating or gum chewing, drop friends who will not attend PSI. 3. You need help-that’s why you are here in a PSI class. 4. Move out of resistance of holding onto your money.
5. Move into the idea of freely giving it to PSI. 6. PSI IS the answer to all of your problems and changes you to be a better person within a week.
Tom and Jane Willhite learned their lessons well.
1. Written by Rev Kev, on 18-06-2010 22:58
Thoughts from a former PSI facilitator who came to know The Lord Jesus Christ and shucked off cultish New Age practices:
1. First, does the seminar stress visualization as the key to success? Yes. Visualize a pleasant and passive scene from nature. Place your imaginative workshop in your passive scene from nature. See yourself in a comfortable command chair in which to operate your workshop tools such as: books, how-to books, phones, TVs, computers, clocks and calendars that run forward and backward, elevator, platform, a stage/platform on which your assistants stand, flood lights illuminating your platform, and medicines, etc. Develop your "screen of the mind" in which you can project "perfect end results" such as seeing yourself as wealthy, healthy, or happy, etc. Place this screen in back of your platform and operate it from your comfortable chair. Visualize your present situation as it is with a dark border around the "movie" screen and then see yourself as you want to be with a light border around your "movie" screen. Also visualize two assistants to help you make life decisions. The assistants are to be a man and a woman. These inner advisors act as "spirit guides" and can be contacted through a meditative state by going into your levels. Visualize your assistants rising up out of the floor atop an elevator into your workshop. As they stand on their platform ready to serve you, you can ask them for advice and directions. Ask them what their names are and if there is anything that they want to tell you or anything that you should know. Your assistants are there for you at all times. They are there for extra guidance, wisdom, knowledge, inspiration, love, support, and companionship. You can bring anyone or anything into your workshop from anywhere in time, past, present, or future. Before you enter or as you exit your workshop, visualize a white light washing over you to cleanse yourself of all negativity.
Be careful though, you may usher in a "demon" acting as an "assistant." Many have ushered in demons only to find their lives in complete upheaval. Once they realized that they were "dancing with the devil" they turned to the true Lord and Savior of the universe, Jesus, and have turned their backs on PSI.
2. Second, is heavy emphasis placed on praising yourself? Tom Willhite states on page 166 in his manuscripts, "I AM God." You are too since we are all one. If the ocean was drained all land masses would be found to be connected. Since everyone is "God" at their deepest level, all is ok because it is ALL GOD. Listen to John Denver's song "It's About Time" while affirming this. (It's better than some of the Neil Diamond songs from days gone by). Puffing yourself up leads to worshiping yourself instead of the true God of the universe. It's always funny to see how some of the puffed up cry out to "God" when they are in a desperate situation. Worship of self goes out the window in those instances. Upbeat music and pasted-on smiles fill PSI classrooms with pseudo peace and joy . . . not the true peace and joy given by the Holy Spirit in praise of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in a church. Mantras and affirmations are repeated such as: I am the universe. I am infinite power. I am wealthy. I am a leader. I am a creative powerful man creating magnificent results in my life now! PSI places the created being in the driver's seat instead of God in the driver's seat. Tom's words, "I AM God," is a blasphemous statement. There is a dark eerie feeling at High Valley Ranch resulting from this underlying creed. In reality, we were CREATED beings in the image of God and are not God ourselves.
3. Third, are Eastern meditative and other so-called "phychotechnologies" being peddled as stress-reduction techniques? Relaxation meditations are used to break down one's barriers especially the critical thinking skills. Relaxing and praying The Lord's prayer is completely different than going into your levels to "relax" or "visualize your new car!" But, unless one is versed in God's Word, they can be easily duped into PSI as being the be-all and end-all to life. Woe be to the one who dares to question such non Biblical techniques!
4. Does the seminar promise to transform your life? Your life can be transformed within 4 days. If you still don't get it, your life can be transformed even further in 7 days with PSI VII and even further in 9-10 days with the Women/Men's Leadership courses. And, if you still need transformation, you can do a quick touch up for only 7 days with Principia. Basically PSI is just expensive entertainment. True transformation comes from reading The Bible and sharing The Gospel with all.
5. Fifth, does the seminar come with an expensive price tag? Yes, the basic course runs about $600. PLD runs around $500. PSI VII runs around $5,000. Men/Women's Leadership courses run around $5,000 each. Principia runs around $5,000.
The total nut on all the seminars can cost you about $15,000-$20,000 with added staffing fees. The food is good at the ranch but living quarters are not private. Hearing other men snore can be a nuisance.
Each basic brings in abut $20,000 per class or roughly around 200K per year. All the basics bring in about 2 million a year to PSI. The Leadership courses bring in about 3 million a year. And Principia brings in about 3 million a year. So PSI roughly makes around 10 million a year from classes. This does not include PSI Shop sales, High Valley Ranch Cattle Co sales, Round Mountain Winery sales, or the suggested donations per instructions on page 163, 4th paragraph down in the PSI bible.
6. Sixth, is there a high degree of secrecy about the program's actual contents? "You have to experience for yourself." What PSI doesn't want you to know is that each course is designed as a hard-shelled sales pitch geared towards you taking further courses for the above listed fees. If you don't sign up for further seminars during for PSI VII sales pitch at the end of the basic, you are taken to the bar and bought a drink to lower your inhibitions. "Giving back" means to use free "graduate" labor and donations to run the seminars. It's your choice whether you want to be motivated by external influences such as PSI Seminars or discover your inner God-motivated desires by reading the true Word of God known as the Holy Bible.
Finally, does the seminar require long hours outside of normal working schedule, along with mandatory attendance by your spouse? Classes run from 6pm to midnight Thursday and Friday nights. Saturday and Sunday classes are all day starting at 8-9 and usually end around 8pm. Staffing (free labor) is a killer though. Staffers get only 2 hours of sleep per night during a seminar and they have to pay to staff.
Spouses are greatly encouraged to attend. If they dig in their heels and refuse, it is advised to replace them with a PSI graduate. Where's the diploma? Many have done this and have lived to regret it.
Some of us have taught it and now know the truth.