Current Page: 19 of 21
Re: PSI Seminars: Legal Action?
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: May 10, 2010 03:23AM

Hailey331
A Hawaiian graduate of PSI 7 recently killed himself. Are they related? Who knows?

I certainly don't think they have anyones best interest in mind other then their credit card number.

I've heard of at least three PSI grads who committed suicide here in Denver; and two in Arizona. Guess this shit doesn't work for everyone, does it.

Oh, to my ex-wife. The kids wanted to wish you a happy mothers day. They wonder why you don't want to visit them. Guess PSI is too important.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: June 06, 2010 11:20PM

Steve989
Hailey331
A Hawaiian graduate of PSI 7 recently killed himself. Are they related? Who knows?

I certainly don't think they have anyones best interest in mind other then their credit card number.

I've heard of at least three PSI grads who committed suicide here in Denver; and two in Arizona. Guess this shit doesn't work for everyone, does it.

Oh, to my ex-wife. The kids wanted to wish you a happy mothers day. They wonder why you don't want to visit them. Guess PSI is too important.

This is true about the suicides.

Date: June 19, 2010 10:45PM

I found these posts on another site. I wanted to say thanks to Rev Kev and Kevin for adding their thoughts.

2. Written by Kevin, on 12-06-2010 15:02

Tom and Jane Willhite sat right next to Werner Erhard/Jack Rosenberg in Alexander Everett’s Mind Dynamics class in 1971. Mind Dynamics was bought by Holiday Magic owner William Penn Patrick in 1970 to complement his Leadership Dynamics course. All managers in the Holiday Magic company were required to take the Leadership and Mind Dynamics courses.

William Penn Patrick (Tom Willhite’s tutor) was a mean and greedy man who ran a Federal Trade Commission indicted pyramid scheme that didn’t pay salesmen commissions and loaded up garages of unsalable cosmetics on poor unsuspecting saps. WPP physically slapped his wife Marie and his children as well as kick and punch vulnerable non self-confident Leadership Dynamics participants. WPP stole Alexander Everett’s mindful and thoughtful approaches to self help and twisted them into to a highly profitable mind-bending money machine for his minions.

Werner Erhard/Jack Rosenberg and Tom and Jane Willhite learned their crafts from the Leadership/Mind Dynamics courses to create EST, Forum, Landmark Education, and PSI Seminars.

Many others came from these classes to create other Large Group Awareness Trainings and Encounter Groups. The results are easy to find.

To find out more about how EST/PSI Seminars started read: Outrageous Betrayal: The Real Story of Werner Erhard from Est to Exile by Steven Pressman,ISBN-10: 0312092962, ISBN-13: 978-0312092962

To find out about what went on in the early days Leadership Dynamics at Ricky’s Hyatt House and how Tom Willhite's mentor acted, read: The pit: a group encounter defiled by Gene Church & Conrad D. Carnes, ISBN-10: 0876900872, ISBN-13: 978-0876900871

To find out more about the techniques taught in PSI Seminars read: The Power of Alpha Thinking: Miracle of the Mind by Jess Stern, ISBN-10: 0451072782, ISBN-13: 978-0451072788.

To understand why PSI minions get sucked into spending every cent they have on the seminars read: Cults in Our Midst: The Hidden Menace in our Everyday Lives, (Hardcover-is the complete text, the paperback version is not the complete text) by Margaret Singer, Hardcover: 381 pages. Publisher: Jossey-Bass; 1 edition (May 1995), ISBN-10: 0787900516, ISBN-13: 978-0787900519. PSI World is noted on pages 41, 202-203.

Margaret lists six conditions that create the atmosphere in which indoctrination takes place:

1. Keep the person unaware that there is an agenda to control or change the person.

2. Control time and physical environment (contacts, information).

3. Create a sense of powerlessness, fear, and dependency.

4. Suppress old behavior and attitudes.

5. Instill new behavior and attitudes.

6. Put forth a closed system of logic.

Now for the answers to the above conditions: 1. You’ll have to experience it for yourself. 2. No watches, long classes, no eating or gum chewing, drop friends who will not attend PSI. 3. You need help-that’s why you are here in a PSI class. 4. Move out of resistance of holding onto your money.

5. Move into the idea of freely giving it to PSI. 6. PSI IS the answer to all of your problems and changes you to be a better person within a week.

Tom and Jane Willhite learned their lessons well.

1. Written by Rev Kev, on 18-06-2010 22:58
Thoughts from a former PSI facilitator who came to know The Lord Jesus Christ and shucked off cultish New Age practices:

1. First, does the seminar stress visualization as the key to success? Yes. Visualize a pleasant and passive scene from nature. Place your imaginative workshop in your passive scene from nature. See yourself in a comfortable command chair in which to operate your workshop tools such as: books, how-to books, phones, TVs, computers, clocks and calendars that run forward and backward, elevator, platform, a stage/platform on which your assistants stand, flood lights illuminating your platform, and medicines, etc. Develop your "screen of the mind" in which you can project "perfect end results" such as seeing yourself as wealthy, healthy, or happy, etc. Place this screen in back of your platform and operate it from your comfortable chair. Visualize your present situation as it is with a dark border around the "movie" screen and then see yourself as you want to be with a light border around your "movie" screen. Also visualize two assistants to help you make life decisions. The assistants are to be a man and a woman. These inner advisors act as "spirit guides" and can be contacted through a meditative state by going into your levels. Visualize your assistants rising up out of the floor atop an elevator into your workshop. As they stand on their platform ready to serve you, you can ask them for advice and directions. Ask them what their names are and if there is anything that they want to tell you or anything that you should know. Your assistants are there for you at all times. They are there for extra guidance, wisdom, knowledge, inspiration, love, support, and companionship. You can bring anyone or anything into your workshop from anywhere in time, past, present, or future. Before you enter or as you exit your workshop, visualize a white light washing over you to cleanse yourself of all negativity.

Be careful though, you may usher in a "demon" acting as an "assistant." Many have ushered in demons only to find their lives in complete upheaval. Once they realized that they were "dancing with the devil" they turned to the true Lord and Savior of the universe, Jesus, and have turned their backs on PSI.

2. Second, is heavy emphasis placed on praising yourself? Tom Willhite states on page 166 in his manuscripts, "I AM God." You are too since we are all one. If the ocean was drained all land masses would be found to be connected. Since everyone is "God" at their deepest level, all is ok because it is ALL GOD. Listen to John Denver's song "It's About Time" while affirming this. (It's better than some of the Neil Diamond songs from days gone by). Puffing yourself up leads to worshiping yourself instead of the true God of the universe. It's always funny to see how some of the puffed up cry out to "God" when they are in a desperate situation. Worship of self goes out the window in those instances. Upbeat music and pasted-on smiles fill PSI classrooms with pseudo peace and joy . . . not the true peace and joy given by the Holy Spirit in praise of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in a church. Mantras and affirmations are repeated such as: I am the universe. I am infinite power. I am wealthy. I am a leader. I am a creative powerful man creating magnificent results in my life now! PSI places the created being in the driver's seat instead of God in the driver's seat. Tom's words, "I AM God," is a blasphemous statement. There is a dark eerie feeling at High Valley Ranch resulting from this underlying creed. In reality, we were CREATED beings in the image of God and are not God ourselves.

3. Third, are Eastern meditative and other so-called "phychotechnologies" being peddled as stress-reduction techniques? Relaxation meditations are used to break down one's barriers especially the critical thinking skills. Relaxing and praying The Lord's prayer is completely different than going into your levels to "relax" or "visualize your new car!" But, unless one is versed in God's Word, they can be easily duped into PSI as being the be-all and end-all to life. Woe be to the one who dares to question such non Biblical techniques!

4. Does the seminar promise to transform your life? Your life can be transformed within 4 days. If you still don't get it, your life can be transformed even further in 7 days with PSI VII and even further in 9-10 days with the Women/Men's Leadership courses. And, if you still need transformation, you can do a quick touch up for only 7 days with Principia. Basically PSI is just expensive entertainment. True transformation comes from reading The Bible and sharing The Gospel with all.

5. Fifth, does the seminar come with an expensive price tag? Yes, the basic course runs about $600. PLD runs around $500. PSI VII runs around $5,000. Men/Women's Leadership courses run around $5,000 each. Principia runs around $5,000.

The total nut on all the seminars can cost you about $15,000-$20,000 with added staffing fees. The food is good at the ranch but living quarters are not private. Hearing other men snore can be a nuisance.

Each basic brings in abut $20,000 per class or roughly around 200K per year. All the basics bring in about 2 million a year to PSI. The Leadership courses bring in about 3 million a year. And Principia brings in about 3 million a year. So PSI roughly makes around 10 million a year from classes. This does not include PSI Shop sales, High Valley Ranch Cattle Co sales, Round Mountain Winery sales, or the suggested donations per instructions on page 163, 4th paragraph down in the PSI bible.

6. Sixth, is there a high degree of secrecy about the program's actual contents? "You have to experience for yourself." What PSI doesn't want you to know is that each course is designed as a hard-shelled sales pitch geared towards you taking further courses for the above listed fees. If you don't sign up for further seminars during for PSI VII sales pitch at the end of the basic, you are taken to the bar and bought a drink to lower your inhibitions. "Giving back" means to use free "graduate" labor and donations to run the seminars. It's your choice whether you want to be motivated by external influences such as PSI Seminars or discover your inner God-motivated desires by reading the true Word of God known as the Holy Bible.

Finally, does the seminar require long hours outside of normal working schedule, along with mandatory attendance by your spouse? Classes run from 6pm to midnight Thursday and Friday nights. Saturday and Sunday classes are all day starting at 8-9 and usually end around 8pm. Staffing (free labor) is a killer though. Staffers get only 2 hours of sleep per night during a seminar and they have to pay to staff.

Spouses are greatly encouraged to attend. If they dig in their heels and refuse, it is advised to replace them with a PSI graduate. Where's the diploma? Many have done this and have lived to regret it.

Some of us have taught it and now know the truth.

Date: September 07, 2010 09:15AM

Found this on another site. Very interesting read:

"Change the work "Cult" to "Click." After experiencing PSI completely, I have come to the conclusion that it is not a cult but a click.

It's an insider's crowd. People who don't question the group leader's credentials or humiliating practices get "liked" and praised. If someone questions untrue statements by a megagog facilitator, they are made fun of and snickered at all seminar long from the back of the room from the PSI slaves.

I think this program has seen its better days and people are not so gullible and in awe of a mesmerizing, slick, oily facilitator.

Some of these facilitators are just children with snotty attitudes. The women and PSI girls are the worst. They giggle and make fun of people in the seminars as poor sobbing saps are pouring their hearts out. I even saw one pass a $100 bill back and forth among themselves as if they were winning inside jokes about the sobbing creatures. Imagine telling such unprofessional and unqualified presenters you deep dark secrets!

We were told, "Do not look PSI up on the internet." What are they afraid of? Could it be the woman at the top is feeling the pinch of people saying, "NO!" to glassy-eyed PSI pushers?

I think people are wiseing up because most people are not signing up during the sales pitch "graduation ceremony." PSI men buzz around the room mad as hornets.

So, no, it is not a cult but a click of people who are bottom feeders who hope to be "in" with the Willhites."

Date: November 13, 2010 01:16PM

Posted on another site. "

PSI almost RUINED my life 7 yrs ago!
PSI Seminars Complaint by Lworby

You were reading a complaint about PSI Seminars.

Filing a new complaint about PSI Seminars.....A friend told me about the volunteer work she was doing with her PLD team and I was interested enough to sign my husband and myself up for BASIC and then we went on to the Ranch. When I was in PLD I told this same friend that I felt immortal and needed help! I had no idea I was suffering a manic attack. The PSI leaders did nothing to help and I am one of several people I know of who went manic with their brainwashing. I was hospitalized for weeks and nearly lost my job and my family.

Absolutely no signs of mental illness before or since. Lucky to have recovered. I still bear the scars and will forever. I resent PSI for not taking responsibility for what they did to me"

Date: January 08, 2011 06:19AM

There have now been three more suicides of PSI Grads since June, '10.

Date: February 05, 2011 11:20PM

"three more suicides??"

found this post on another site. I guess someone was playing PLD, enrolled this person who than finds its a cult.

Bridget Clark, PSI Seminars Phoenix
PSI Seminars Complaint
You were reading a complaint about PSI Seminars.
Filing a new complaint about
I was talked into signing up for the basic at the phoenix office; paid my money and after researching the net I found PSI is a *** CULT!!!! I called the phoenix office and asked Bridget for a refund of my $600.00 and this *** denied it. After repeats to cancel my "enrollment" she refused to give me back my money. I can't believe I was *** enough to fall for this *** but I trusted the person who asked me to enroll.
I am *** pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be careful of this ***.
If you want call or contact this *** and tell her i want my money......
Basic Manager
Bridget Clark
bridget@psiseminars.com

Date: April 11, 2011 10:18AM

Ok, sorry I’m posting this more than one thread. BUT I feel this is important. Apparently someone started a website (link below) and is posting, and even copying, statements written here. Its time PSI Seminars was put out of business.

www.psi-lies.com

Date: May 17, 2011 07:56AM

something happened to this psi-lies site. It must have been closed down.

Date: June 14, 2011 07:43AM

Here is an interesting tidbit I found on another website:

5. Written by Buzz on February 2, 2010

Not too long ago (measured in months rather than years), my best friend, who I also have a business relationship with, told me she had discovered this great course. She's always been into things like that, and me, well... I'm about the last person you'd give a self-help book to.

She's known me for years, and used to call me "the Black Hole" for that reason. But she still gave me the whole spiel. I think I'm a pretty observant guy, and what struck me the most was that she was trying and failing to describe a feeling, like love or hate, rather than an experience, like a seminar.

I asked - and I knew nothing about PSI Seminars at the time or I would have recognized this as a specific technique rather than a personal failing - what exactly was done there. No, I don't mean an overview: when you go there, what do you DO? Do you sit? Stand? What do you talk about? She admitted she couldn't really explain it. I'd just have to go and see for myself.

I happen to have several pursuits outside of work that I follow: I simply wasn't going to throw away a day on "seeing for myself" when someone who had spent the greater part of four days and later 7 days couldn't simply explain what she had been doing during that time.

That was my first clue: when the best selling point is "try it yourself," you're being sold an illusion. If a three card monty bothered to explain what he was doing beforehand, he wouldn't find a single sucker.

In any case, PSI’s policy of saving advertising dollars by turning their members into walking billboards backfired this time. I went on the 'net and found all the information here and a number of other resources. Really, the impression I had was of a super-intensified session of Alcoholics Anonymous. Having been through that myself, I could keep an open mind that the program might encourage a degree of fanaticism and blind-faith, but there are in fact AA members who are able to steer clear of all that nonsense and get something good out of it, if only because alternatives are hard to come by...

All that changed when I brought up what I'd found, particularly about Wilhite and Erhard. I stressed that I'd found quite a bit of stuff out there and I wouldn't be a friend if I didn't tell her about it. I repeated that I wasn't taking a pro- or con- position; I was just telling her there's some bad stuff out there about it. The hostility was still somewhat predictable, but it pretty much told me all I needed to know about PSI.

As a side-note I was doubtful the program would hold her attention for very long because, in spite of her blissful statements, she HADN'T CHANGED AT ALL. I've spoken to other friends and family members of PSI grads and they've noted the same thing. To those who credit PSI for changing their life, enabling them to start a new business, etc, are sadly mistaken: YOU did all of that, YOU accomplished it! PSI ‘s "encouragement," for what it is, is NOTHING that a good friend wouldn't tell you! And if it isn't--find new friends!

Since then, I've kept my word, and haven't brought it up to her again. She had already paid for the PSI7. She took a time-out during that to call me on a cellphone she wasn’t allowed to have and demanded to know what I knew about "est." I insisted that I wasn't going to talk about it. She informed me that her facilitator had permitted open conversation about PSI’s past. I told her that I wasn't going to be put into an adversarial position - it was how it was, and she could find the information as easily as I did. Of course, she became angry again when I told her that I wasn't going to discuss it. I tried the whole PSI mind-*** by stating that I had COMMITTED not to talk to her about it again, but the important thing about PSI principles is that they're only advantageous when they work in your--or the organization's--favor.

Since then, she's tapered off. But it’s taken a long time. One of her cherished pets became quite ill which required her to miss several of those weekly sessions. To me, that was positive in so far as she realized there was something more important than PSI in spite of her new "friends" guilt tripping her with phone calls and emails and coffee meetings. She's even made a comment about the weird gleam in the real die-hard PSI grads eyes at graduation ceremonies and the audacity of expecting her to come in her own free time to help sell the basic to new meat without, of course, telling said new meat that that's what she's doing. Very deceitful isn’t it?

In any case, that's where we are now. I think, in so far as I could do anything, I've handled it the best that I can. I'd like to think our friendship has too much history for me to become the object of PSI’s scorn; so far it's held true, and I hope it continues to. And if anything, the very nature that brought her to PSI will, sooner or later I think, cause her to leave it for the next interesting thing. And I pray it's less harmful, because in as much as it's had any impact on her, it's been completely dreadful. She has the same problems. She has the same "rackets." She has the same issues she had before. Only now, for a few hours a week, she feels like she's conquered them, and is subsequently depressed when she steps out of the conference hall and finds out they're still there.

Face it PSI is a LIE!!!

Current Page: 19 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.