Current Page: 14 of 21
Re: PSI Seminars: Legal Action?
Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: December 12, 2008 01:11PM

AntiSuccess
Next to Klemmer
All this amazing information and nothing on legal action. Is there any?
How?

I would also be curious to know. Why do you think that there isn't any legal action with all these folks claiming that they are being victims?

Because most have found these "Programs" are not regulated by state or local laws. But there have been lawsuits. Most are settled out of court. PSI doesn't want the bad press.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: December 13, 2008 11:45PM

This was posted on a blog I just found.

"Hey everyone. I feel the need to get this out in the air so that none of you fall victim to this scam. This is a group called PSI. They host seminars which cost $480 for the “Basic” (first of a series). They try to sell you other seminars that cost upwards of $3500. They market these seminars as teaching you many useful tools like motivation, time management, letting go of your inhibitions, yada yada yada. Basically, for the “low cost” of the seminar, we will fix all your problems. I know someone who personally went through part of this and I am warning you, they use mild brainwashing techniques and are very demeaning. They get you locked into a state where you need to keep hearing these seminars in order to function. They can easily ruin your life be convincing you that you should get what you want now without having to work for it. Many people come out and buy houses they cant afford, max out their credit cards (or what is left after you have charged them for the cost of the seminar), and even break up with spouses and friends because their spouses are not taking the courses.

Please use extreme caution if any of your friends ask you to go to one of these. Make sure you look up some of the stories yourself if you are thinking of going. Type in “PSI Seminar” into Google and read for yourself."

Posted by: X of PSI Zombie ()
Date: December 28, 2008 12:24AM

Steve989
This was posted on a blog I just found.

"Hey everyone. I feel the need to get this out in the air so that none of you fall victim to this scam. This is a group called PSI. They host seminars which cost $480 for the “Basic” (first of a series). They try to sell you other seminars that cost upwards of $3500. They market these seminars as teaching you many useful tools like motivation, time management, letting go of your inhibitions, yada yada yada. Basically, for the “low cost” of the seminar, we will fix all your problems. I know someone who personally went through part of this and I am warning you, they use mild brainwashing techniques and are very demeaning. They get you locked into a state where you need to keep hearing these seminars in order to function. They can easily ruin your life be convincing you that you should get what you want now without having to work for it. Many people come out and buy houses they cant afford, max out their credit cards (or what is left after you have charged them for the cost of the seminar), and even break up with spouses and friends because their spouses are not taking the courses.

Please use extreme caution if any of your friends ask you to go to one of these. Make sure you look up some of the stories yourself if you are thinking of going. Type in “PSI Seminar” into Google and read for yourself."

Very true.... I am living through this nightmare because of PSI....

Re: PSI Seminars: Legal Action? anyone have the PSI waiver?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 31, 2008 12:45AM

Does anyone have the PSI Seminar's LGAT seminar waiver they make people sign?
It needs to be posted online.

If its anything like the Landmark waiver, then no one should take PSI either.

If anyone ever asks you again to take an LGAT again in your life, just tell them to read their own stupid disclaimer that states most people should NOT take it.
That is the perfect way to shut these LGAT recruiters up. Read your own ridiculous disclaimer.

Or tell them to sign on the disclaimer that they personally think YOU should take it. Get them to sign their name on the LGAT disclaimer stating they think you should take the seminar.

This is actually the perfect LGAT buster...ask for the LGAT disclaimer signed by the salesperson personally, stating why you should take it.
They will go numb all over and walk away.

this is the perfect way to get rid of the LGAT recruiters.

Ask for the Disclaimer/waiver for the LGAT.
Then get them to cross-out the parts of it that don't apply to you, and ask them to sign it personally, or have their manager sign it.

Then tell them you are going to get it legally notarized at the notary at the mall.

If everyone did that, they would be out of business.
Its Judo, just use their own disclaimer against them.

If they say they don't have a disclaimer, get them to sign a document saying they don't have a disclaimer or waiver.
you will never hear from them again.

This may be the best way to put these people out of business.

Date: January 03, 2009 11:49PM

This is the questionnaire that is post on the site following it. I like this "CONFIDENTIAL HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE!!!!!!!!!!"

Confidential Health Questionnaire
The following questions are mandatory in order to process your application for attendance in the Leadership Seminar. Please review the questions listed below:

1. Have you any history of psychiatric disorder?

2. Have you been institutionalized for mental illness within the last twelve months?

3. Are you now, or have you been within the last six months, undergoing treatment by a psychiatrist or psychologist?

The Leadership Seminars are based on an educational model, not a medical model. If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, it is the policy of PSI Seminars that you do NOT attend the Leadership Seminar.
If you have any questions please contact your Basic City.

Tuition Refund Policy
I understand that my tuition is non-refundable, however, all monies held may be transferred to other Leadership programs, and may be applied to the cost(s) at such time. All monies held must be utilized within 12 months from the date of the initial payment or it is forfeited. If I choose to transfer to another Leadership seminar, I understand there will be a $100 transfer fee assessed to the current tuition amount. All transfer requests must be in writing, notarized, and have Main Office approval. Tuition is only transferable within the country you reside in.
State of Hawaii- I have read and agree that my registration online constitutes a waiver of my entitlement to a refund under Hawaii law.

Arbitration Clause
If a dispute arises out of or relates to this contract, or the breach thereof, and if said dispute cannot be settled through direct discussion, the parties agree at first endeavor to settle the dispute in an amicable manner by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Rules, before resorting to arbitration. Thereafter, any unresolved controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration rules, and judgment upon the reward rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
I agree that by checking the box below, I understand that this is the equivalent to my electronic signature, and that I have answered all questions truthfully, also that I have read, understand, and agree to all policies and clauses contained within. To register online, you must click the "yes" button below. Please print a copy of this agreement for your records. Do you agree to the
terms and conditions? Yes

[www.psiseminars.com]

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 04, 2009 02:32AM

PSI Seminars has copied the waivers from other LGAT's.

Notice how slimey the waiver is. NO REFUNDS, even before you attend!
All they do is deduct $100 of your money for no reason. Notice how they say it must be NOTARIZED in writing?
Notice the hypocrisy of every one of these LGAT groups? They force you to relinquish all rights to them. Yet when they do YOU wrong, that is also YOUR fault. Its the oldest scam in the book.

This is why if any PSI Seminars salesperson tries to enrol you, tell them you first need a NOTARIZED written signed statement from them which states why their disclaimer does not apply to you.
Turn the tables on them, make them do what they are trying to make you do.
They will never do it, of course.

So that means no one should ever attend a PSI Seminar, ever.

Also, here you have an LGAT group that tells people to put in writing if they have had a psychiatric disorder, or have seen a psychologist?
Is that even legal? People who are hiring you cannot ask that, but PSI Seminars is asking strangers to give them the most confidential health information?
Do they keep that information on file? For how long?
Who sees it?
Do they sell it to other LGAT's?
What if that information gets aquired by employers or an insurance company?

Again, never give confidential information like that to anyone, ever. Never.
Your health information, including mental health, is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.

If anyone asks you that, just ask them to sign a form about their personal mental health history, and the seminar leaders mental health history.
Tell them it must be NOTARIZED, as well.

Of course, they don't care about your mental health. They care that if you slip into a psychosis, or have a mental breakdown, which happens to people at PSI Seminars, then they can try to avoid being held accountable for damages. That what that is about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 02:39AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: Rudy ()
Date: February 01, 2009 10:23PM

My wife signed something like this before she attended PSI, but was she under a doctors care for the year before and taking anti-depressants. Someone from PSI not to worry about it, that the course would solve all her problems.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: February 04, 2009 03:16AM

This thread and others on the damaging and shady PSI Seminars needs to be spread elsewhere as advance warning to possible victims (i.e. attendees). I would post a direct link to the PSI website but I don't want to encourage others with their deception.

Thanks The Anticult, as always, doing the heavy lifting on research.

Does anyone know what happened to poor Ghost Dancer who started this thread? His posts got more and more shocking and he seems to have dropped off. Hope he, his daughters, and his victimized wife are okay.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: February 04, 2009 03:22AM

Thanks also to Steve989 for the "mental health" questionaire. Thanks to all you brave surivivors as well. This is an important thread to keep active!

Date: February 08, 2009 12:18AM

The Anticult
PSI Seminars has copied the waivers from other LGAT's.

Notice how slimey the waiver is. NO REFUNDS, even before you attend!
All they do is deduct $100 of your money for no reason. Notice how they say it must be NOTARIZED in writing?
Notice the hypocrisy of every one of these LGAT groups? They force you to relinquish all rights to them. Yet when they do YOU wrong, that is also YOUR fault. Its the oldest scam in the book.

This is why if any PSI Seminars salesperson tries to enrol you, tell them you first need a NOTARIZED written signed statement from them which states why their disclaimer does not apply to you.
Turn the tables on them, make them do what they are trying to make you do.
They will never do it, of course.

So that means no one should ever attend a PSI Seminar, ever.

Also, here you have an LGAT group that tells people to put in writing if they have had a psychiatric disorder, or have seen a psychologist?
Is that even legal? People who are hiring you cannot ask that, but PSI Seminars is asking strangers to give them the most confidential health information?
Do they keep that information on file? For how long?
Who sees it?
Do they sell it to other LGAT's?
What if that information gets aquired by employers or an insurance company?

Again, never give confidential information like that to anyone, ever. Never.
Your health information, including mental health, is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS.

If anyone asks you that, just ask them to sign a form about their personal mental health history, and the seminar leaders mental health history.
Tell them it must be NOTARIZED, as well.

Of course, they don't care about your mental health. They care that if you slip into a psychosis, or have a mental breakdown, which happens to people at PSI Seminars, then they can try to avoid being held accountable for damages. That what that is about.

I noticed this as well.

Current Page: 14 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.