Current Page: 3 of 45
The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 10, 2007 08:57AM

Wow, look at the 'teachers' (cons) The Secret people are referring us to!
[shop.thesecret.tv]

Wow, look at these terrific Secret products for sale! Only $49.99 each!

[shop.thesecret.tv]

[img:6c3d23e553]https://shop.thesecret.tv/Shops/II/Items//LAMP_t.jpg[/img:6c3d23e553]
[img:6c3d23e553]https://shop.thesecret.tv/Shops/II/Items//SCROLL_t.jpg[/img:6c3d23e553]

Options: ReplyQuote
The Secret (a movie)
Date: February 10, 2007 09:12AM

Amazon bestsellers...
[www.amazon.com]

#1) Harry Potter
#2) The Secret.
#3) The Secret (audio CD)

#5, #7 are Law Of Attraction books, one by Abraham-Hicks.

Folks, I think we are all in the wrong bidniz.

The Secret (a movie)
Date: February 10, 2007 10:09AM

don't want to beat this to death...but check out this pathetic salespitch from some MLM dude who wants to get his hands on you....

My wife and I first discovered the "law of attraction" several years ago when we ran across the teachings of Bob Proctor and began to read books like "Think and Grow Rich" and "The Law of Attraction" by Michael Losier.
As we began to use the principles daily, we were amazed at our ability to "create our own reality" in a very conscious and deliberate way.

In fact, here's what has changed for us. We used to live in small cinderblock house and literally earned less than $1,200 per month.

By using the principles found in these books and a home study course called "Beyond Freedom", our lives are dramatically different.

Today, we earn more in a month than many Americans earn in a year. I work less than 20 hours a week. My children have more stamps in their passports than most grown adults.

None of that is to sound boastful at all. If anything, it's humbling. But, it's also very powerful to realize that I created this entirely new lifestyle simply by making a DECISION and using the principles talked about in the movie "The Secret" and in these powerful personal development books.

I'd love to talk to others who are interested in learning more about the law of attraction. If I can be of assistance, I'm happy to!

You can find me on the official Secret message boards. Just do a search for my name if you'd like to have a dialogue.

Tony XXXX

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: February 10, 2007 11:26AM

"The Secret" is if you can convince people to pay you to find out "The Secret" then you will make a lot of money.

It works.

I see it on TV every night:
"How I work at home and make $10,000 a day!"

How? Be a noob and pay to find out their Secret and then make your own ads and charge people for the Secret.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: February 10, 2007 12:42PM

Hi ON2 LF,
She won't come up with the money any time soon, so she's safe. Except she was seduced by The Secret on Oprah (ugh). We had a brief discussion about the unreality of The Secret's ideology and she knows it's true. She said, though, that she wants to keep her high (high on positivity) as long as she can; she didn't want to hear my critique right now.

skeptic

It is good news that she can't go and one day your friend will see it. For now, 'the secret' will just have to remain a source of intrigue and delight, as it seems to be for my friend...
All I can say about the law of attraction is, if it had the magical powers claimed by those who can't keep a secret very well, then I would have personally and solely 'attracted' this scenario into being by now (I get pretty intensely focused on this thought); [b:4208ee67ca]every cult guru [/b:4208ee67ca]on the planet would be pounding rocks into gravel with a rubber hammer, (the guru for LE would be using a rubber hammer from the 3+ section at toys'r'us and wouldn't be permitted to keep a rock for gratitude), re-living their schemes and secrets in some musty, rat infested, [b:4208ee67ca]sheep free environment[/b:4208ee67ca], that makes Alcatraz look like a day spa for the socially challenged! :x

The Secret (a movie)
Date: February 10, 2007 08:05PM

Gulab Jamon
upsidedownnewspaper
Oh yes! The rock bizo. That's right. There was this cheesy reconstruction in the movie to justify the selling of ordinary rocks for $40 a piece. You've just got to believe, remember.

I didn't get that from the movie AT ALL. As I remember, they were actually joking about the fact that the guy wanted to buy an ordinary rock that had come from a creek. The point of the rock story was that the belief and intention was what made the rock special, not where it came from or whether or not it cost money.

Oh. And now you can buy them for $40?

The Secret (a movie)
Date: February 10, 2007 08:14PM

Jack Oskar Larm
There's a lot to be said for 'staying positive'. I don't think anyone in their 'right mind' can deny it. But, and this is a big BUT, anyone in their 'right mind' can see that single-minded postive thinking/feeling will either lead to single-minded depression or a need to refill that Prozac prescription.

And I expect when anyone gripes that this Law of Attraction business doesn't seem to work, "I willed and I willed and still I didn't get a million dollars...", people find themselves then attacked with the logic that if you can't make the Law of Attraction work for you, there must be something deep-seated and wrong with you. Lots of searching for trauma and encouragement towards endless introspection urged to find what is holding you back.

The Secret (a movie)
Date: February 10, 2007 08:59PM

I see the awful "technology" there, though.

Bait people with the idea that the universe is in their individual control and when they respond angrily that they never willed into existence their lot, life in a wheelchair, say, or a past riddled with trauma, give yourself a balloon for having unearthed, in a way, the source of a person's anger or resentment or guilt that is preventing them living as though the universe is under their individual control...

Do you suppose all this "you create your own reality" business is disguising what really motivates these gurus like Oprah and Rhonda: pinpointing the source of a person's negativity? In which case, they are double-faced as well as moneyspinning egotists?

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: February 11, 2007 02:54AM

Thanks for posting the link Anticult.
The Anticult
Wow, look at the 'teachers' (cons) The Secret people are referring us to!
[shop.thesecret.tv]

I see that "The Sedona Method" guy, Hale Dwoskin, is there. My husband got sucked into the other strain of the Lester Levinson following called "The Release Technique" marketed by Larry Crane.

But I do have to admit they sometimes get quick results. Only 5 weeks after "The Release Technique" seminar, my husband "released" our marriage. We are separated now.

It is probably just my negativity that attracted this to me. Although I am generally a very positive person, I was definitely negative about Sedona/Release. Maybe I can buy one of those rocks and attract a man who can see through this kind of B.S.

The Secret (a movie)
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: February 11, 2007 03:07AM

LOL!!!!!!!!!! question lady!!!!!!!!!!! I hear ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Page: 3 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.