Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tad James and Timelines
Posted by: neoluxfer ()
Date: December 11, 2006 11:14PM

Good morning,

I am new to the forum and would appreciate any information on Tad James and his work with timelines.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Tad James and Timelines
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: December 12, 2006 03:56AM

Another unproven, probably unprovable NLP concept. The concept itself appears harmless enough. NLP is stuffed with hooey and hokum that is then sold to the general public as a newly discovered, life changing technology. Since NLP itself has devolved into small marketing feidfdoms, each apparently hellbent of asserting its' particular trinket bag of minor innovation as The True Vessel, one shouldn't be too taken aback to find that most of their song and dance ( this song and dance will be accompanied by a frequent rattling of the Trinket Bag) is primarily of entertainment value... there is little agreement within their community as to what their various concepts and distinctions actually are, or what they do, or if they work or if they don't. Perfect ambiguity is awfully handy on the marketing side because you don't have to explain anything, at least not in the ways you would have to explain them at a business presentation, or to obtain an advanced degree at a not too terrible university, or in a court of law. NLP (like many other self improvement organizations that wind up being discussed here) has mastered the fallback position of "you have to experience it directly to understand it", or "it bypasses the conscious mind and is installed directly into the unconscious mind" or some such bla bla bla.... Which isn't to say that there aren't a goodly number of lazy sods who would love to have profound understandings squirted into the depths of their tiny minds by some form of hypnotic direct injection, one that preferably requires no effort on the part of the audience... and as well all know, critical thinking and asking tough, unflinching questions does require both effort and confidence.... NLP "trainers" and "master trainers" don't, as a rule, seem to express much enthusiasm for close reasoning... it isn't Holistic enough, or Non-Dualistic enough, or it shows you "aren't at cause" (oh, yes, they pick up Landmarkian speech patterns like chickens love to devour small bugs)... and, as with Landmark and other smoke blowing machines, every conceptual problem you may have with their thinking is YOUR problem... if there is a problem, your attitude is the source of the problem... you're "being at effect"... or "you just don't get it"... especially, most especially, if you ask for evidence of validity... evidence ? evidence ? What evidence do we need ? We think it's true, therefore it IS true. What's not to get ?

Tad James and Timelines
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 12, 2006 04:33AM

Tad James is a hypnotist, and a former NLPer, and is also into mystical Hawaiian Huna, and anything else he can sell you, as well as Timelines, as he wants your money now.
[skepdic.com]

Tad James wants your money...now...that's right. (he uses those kind of phrases to suggest things to your unconscious).

Do Timelines work in hypnotism? There is no clinical evidence I am aware of that they work.

Beware of Tad James...he is slick, he is greedy, he wants your money, and he abuses clinical hypnosis and NLP to get your money from you...

Oh...did I mention that he wants your money?

Yes...that's right...take a deeeep breath and relax....and always remember that Tad James wants your money...

Someone has to pay for him to keep his mustache waxed, I guess.

Tad James and Timelines
Date: December 12, 2006 04:50AM

[img:536d30f94c]http://www.hidden-wealth-keys.com/images/tad-margo-sml2.jpg[/img:536d30f94c]

http://www.inspiritive.com.au/statement_johngrinder.htm

Statement from Dr. John Grinder regarding the namejacking of www.JohnGrinder.com by the Tad James Organization October 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish to bring to the attention of the NLP community a situation which is highly incongruent with the ethics of work and play within this same community.

Some months ago, Matthew James, son and collaborator of Tad James, a publicly recognized figure in the NLP world registered both my name and the name of the other co-creator of NLP, Richard Bandler as domain names.

Essentially this means that when some person seeking a connection with either myself or Bandler searches the world wide web using our very own names, they are connected to the James website.

These unethical actions were taken without any permission, consultation or notification to me and they do not represent any connection I desire with respect to my name. I have repeatedly requested that this practice known on the www as name jacking and considered even within the anarchic environment of the web to be one of the lowest criminal actions possible - to date, the James have chosen not to comply or even respond.

Evidently there are those within the NLP community who have failed to make the simple and honest distinction between modeling and stealing. Further apparently not satisfied to simply misappropriate patterning which I and others have worked years to codify without reference to or acknowledgment of our work for their personal profit, the James have decided to attempt to steal our names.

We request that members of the NLP community make their response to this despicable situation apparent to the James directly at their website which (sadly) you can get to by clicking on : www.JohnGrinder.com .

I suggest further that this information be make available to alert otherwise well intentioned seekers of knowledge of NLP of the ethical shortcomings of the James organization - after all, if the messenger is fundamentally incongruent with the message they carry, how will this reflect on us all in our endeavor to bring the patterning of excellence to those interested in improving the quality of their lives.

All the best,

John Grinder

Co-creator of NLP

Tad James and Timelines
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 12, 2006 05:03AM

[www.nlpcoaching.com]

Yeesh.

Anything with the words "empowering" , "to empower" , "paradigm" just makes me sick nowadays.

Tad James and Timelines
Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: December 12, 2006 05:09AM

Hi. Based on what I have read ( not an NLPer and don't know anything about Tad James) seems like the timeline idea is the idea that memory can be fluid ( ie we don't remember events perfectly anyway) and that you can therefore use hypnosis to change your personal memories so that they work better for you.

Also the idea is that equally you can put into your future something you want to happen. Suppose maybe this is similar to the idea of having written goals for your future?? Have heard that some study showed that college students with written goals did much better in life than those without/ Have never seen the original study though.

Have read a book by Richard Bandler and John Grindler, which was interesting( and weird) called "Frogs into Princes" which talked about NLP stuff.

Generally if you have a lot of past trauma, I would be very careful about whom I let play around with my memories, and in what setting.

Tad James and Timelines
Date: December 12, 2006 06:05AM

Thank you all for your replies.

As to the subject of timelines, there is a well reviewed book on Amazon.com, Adventures With Time Lines (Paperback)
by Bob G. Bodenhamer, L. Michael Hall which led me to seek more information on the use of this tool for personal development.

I am not interested in joining any cults but I do believe that as an individual I can grow, either in my personal life or professional work. To that end, I look for tools that allow me to do so. In this case, I thought that timelines work was such a tool.

Since I came across your forum, I decided to sound the community for any known and documented issues directly on the subject matter.

I understand the dislike for any cult and those individuals that prey on others for personal advantage. However, I also believe that there are honest individuals and tools that can help others on their personal development. That is why I am looking for any real and specific information on this subject. I am not sure that a flat out generalization helps so I hope that I can find something concrete on Timelines, NLP, Bob G. Bodenhamer, and/or L. Michael Hall.

Thank you again

Tad James and Timelines
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: December 12, 2006 07:23AM

What you need to understand....noowwwww.... is that almost all discussion of Timelines and Timeline Therapy IS evasive generalization... once the NLP playbook had become overused, new "discoveries" had to be made....... so new books, seminars, and learning materials could be marketed to the publique.... there is not one shred of evidence that the brain contains timelines... so how in the world can these marketeers go about selling Timeline Consciousness ?, when their basic model of time encoding may be 100% fallacious ? (and probably is), and everything associated with it may be nothing more than a hypothetical crock of phantasia to be sold at top dollar to impressionable bozos who are eager for an official 'certification" that carries no more weight than Charmin toilet paper, although the Charmin may have more practical use for the average person... not that NLP differs greatly from every other "mind science" program tpo come whistling down the pike in the last 50 years... each claiming to be "scientific", each with a trademarked "technology".... get real... Time Lines are yet another unproven, maybe showing a helpful placebo effect now and then, but, unproven, untested, unverified, not used or endorsed in traditional psychotherapy models, what else to call them but "products of the overactive imagination"...then question then being.... whose overactive imagination... who takes credit for this glorious creation ?, How is the art advanced ?, What constitutes innovation in Timeline Knowledge ? What body of experts vouch for the integrity of it ? Who acknowledges errors or wrong directions ? Because it is written up in books ? L. Ron Hubbard wrote a lot of books too, packed with useful ideas....

Tad James and Timelines
Date: December 12, 2006 01:50PM

The Timeline Therapy stuff is a bunch of hooey, to be blunt.
I know guys who were into all that stuff, and I have personally seen Tad James "Creating Your Future" video series...

Just stay away from Tad James.
He just wants to sell you a bunch of videos and tapes and stuff.

All Timeline is, is using your imagination to think about the future and the past.
But like someone else said, be VERY VERY cautious when some HYPNOTIST like Tad James starts messing around in your mind.

I think Tad is a very slick salesman, and he makes a lot of money.
But I don't believe a word he says.

Tad James and Timelines
Date: December 13, 2006 12:00AM

thank you all for your posts.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.