Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Cost of ILP
Posted by: ClausDIa ()
Date: December 17, 2006 08:38PM

treating people like children, breaking their personality by making them feel insecure, shutting down criticism have always been characters of "controversary", dictatory and culty organizations, groups or parties ...

all of you know that in advance, but I had to learn it the hard way ... I was initially sucked in by some friendly people, until I realized what was really going on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Cost of ILP
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 17, 2006 09:07PM

ClausDIa
treating people like children, breaking their personality by making them feel insecure, shutting down criticism have always been characters of "controversary", dictatory and culty organizations, groups or parties ...

all of you know that in advance, but I had to learn it the hard way ... I was initially sucked in by some friendly people, until I realized what was really going on.

Here are two useful sites:

[b:32467f073a]FairPay — Filing a Complaint for Back Wages Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)[/b:32467f073a]
[www.dol.gov]

[b:32467f073a]Confidentiality Protocol for Compliance Assistance Telephone Inquiries[/b:32467f073a]
[www.dol.gov]

[b:32467f073a]When Should a Complaint be Filed?[/b:32467f073a]

The FLSA contains a two-year statute of limitations (three-years for willful violations). This means that any part of a back wage claim which was earned more than two years before a federal court lawsuit is filed may not be collectible.
Accordingly, to ensure WHD can complete its investigation before the statute of limitation expires, employees should file complaints with WHD as soon as the violation occurs but no later than 18 months after the violation occurred.

Cost of ILP
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 18, 2006 04:48PM

What I'm wondering is - Why haven't more of them either made their own official individual complaints to the United States Federal Department of Labor in order to reclaim backwages for all of their volunteer unpaid hours (because they are legally entitled to them) and/or filed a class action lawsuit together?

I can only speak for myself but to be honest I was so glad to get away from landmark that I didn't even think about legal implications of anything. I just wanted to get a job where I was treated like a human.

it took me a long time before I was in a place to even think about any of the legal implications of how I was treated as an employee or as a volunteer before that.

Then I found out that other then laying a complaint with the employment tribunal in my country that was jack all that I could do. Unlike the states we don't get to sue every time something bad happens we have to try and work within the laws we have

Cost of ILP
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: December 21, 2006 09:36PM

When I took the ILP we got an assignment (among others) to have 5 conversations per day about the forum. It made me sick to have that burden on my shoulders. It would mean having 35 conversations with people during one week. It made my life unbearable and I got out of the course. Sadly I joined the next course after having seen the transformation of the ones from the first course. They had been streamlined into Landmark salespersons - but that was disguised by the people having had breakthroughs in their life. So it looked like they benefitted in their personal life - but now it was said that to keep the transformation you needed to keep training and take on bigger goals within Landmark. A lot of people wanted to become Forum leaders but very few actually went on to the next step - seminar leader - since they had been through the BIG hassle of the ILP and becoming an introduction leader. The pressure just mounted.

I was an introduction leader for 2 years. It was mainly a lot of work and I didn't benefit anything in my personal life from those 2 years.
When it came to "renewal" of my promise to work as unpaid I finally had the guts to pull out.

nettie

Cost of ILP
Date: December 23, 2006 09:13AM

I forgot all about that nettie, we had the same a minimum of five conversations about landmark a day. It drove me to despair at one point because I had to keep putting on my integrity form that I hadn't done it so I broke my promise yada yada yada.

Its amazes when I look back at all the stuff we did and how we let them push us like they did and how we let them talk to us. I don't let anyone treat me or others like that now. Its disgusting not empowering in anyway.

As for being a landmark forum leader, Our ILP leader is now a forum leader. She was a tough woman to please during ILP and said a lot of nasty things to people but all in the guise of "coaching".

Cost of ILP
Posted by: Humanista ()
Date: December 24, 2006 09:53AM

Sometimes my husband (who is midway through the ILP) brings up Landmark to me and we talk about it. Now I wonder if he's counting me as one of his conversations. He's never told me about having to have 5 conversations per day, but he did say he isn't meeting his requirements and gets talked to about his form he fills out.

What I find interesting is the commitment to "integrity" and "being your word" and I caught him lying to me just last week. I guess that integrity only applies to Landmark situations?

Cost of ILP
Date: December 29, 2006 03:41PM

Landmark "says" that integrity is through out your whole life but I notice when it suits them its ok to maybe cross the lines of integrity

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.