Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Board has reached 20,000 posts
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:55PM

This message board has reached and passed 20,000 posts and counting.

And due to ongoing moderation that number does not include spam, advertising, etc.

"Flamers" and "trolls" have been quickly contained too.

So that means there is quite a bit of serious discussion, first hand accounts and information exchanged here that visitors can search through and utilize.

Google and other search engines also search through this site and offer access to the information here.

Thanks everyone for making this growing archive possible and helping to create this meaningful Internet resource.

Along the way there were legal challenges from some unhappy folks, such as Landmark Education, but such efforts to censor this site have failed.

Likewise, any effort to identify users that wish to stay anonymous has also failed.

Again, thank you for your participation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: October 26, 2006 02:56AM

Congratulations Rick on a very useful and vital service that you are providing. I am sure there are many people who are extremely grateful to you.

Apart from the 20 000 posts, there are now over 10 000 registered users.

Looking at the viewing figures - for instance, as I write this there are two registered users and 15 guests - it gives one an idea of just how much of a problem there is today with cults, LGATs and the like.

How many people connected to the registered users have been affected by these groups, directly and indirectly? And what about the people who haven't been fortunate enough to discover this very valuable resource?

Think about it, expand on those figures, and then you have an idea of how big the problem is.

Rick, thank you for the best cult, LGAT resource on the Internet.

Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: October 26, 2006 03:07AM

rrmoderator
This message board has reached and passed 20,000 posts and counting.

Congratulations Rick. You are someone I greatly admire. You provide an essential and important service to society; too bad there aren't more like you - we need lots of cult busters!

It takes a lot of courage to stand up to these despicable cults and you've stood up to them all: Scientology, Landmark and all the others.

Ever think of running for President? lol

Date: October 26, 2006 05:02AM

Thanks.

The volunteer moderators over the years have done a great job.

And it's been heartenting to see so many people come forward to share their personal histories, which are often painful.

The Internet is a "breakthrough."

And Landmark and Scientology litigation demonstrates that controversial groups called "cults" understand this.

Before the Web it seems cult victims often suffered in silence and were not able to communicate and network so easily.

As someone who studied and dealt with cults before the advent of the Interenet it's hard to imagine how we got along without it.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 26, 2006 08:06PM

This site has been so important in helping me understand LGATs, covert emotional abuse, and all the New Age nonsense that is filtering into mainstream life. Thank you for having this resource available.

20,000 posts and one can only guess how many readers. Congratulations Rick.

Date: October 26, 2006 08:10PM

Thank you Hope for hanging in there.

Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: October 26, 2006 08:24PM

rrmoderator
Thanks.

The volunteer moderators over the years have done a great job.

And it's been heartenting to see so many people come forward to share their personal histories, which are often painful.

The Internet is a "breakthrough."

And Landmark and Scientology litigation demonstrates that controversial groups called "cults" understand this.

Before the Web it seems cult victims often suffered in silence and were not able to communicate and network so easily.

As someone who studied and dealt with cults before the advent of the Interenet it's hard to imagine how we got along without it.

Thanks Rick...This website was my breakthrough. It answered so many questions when I was trying to find the answers. It saved me and hopefully our posts will save others.

Thanks for being here and to the success of this website.

Posted by: ginah ()
Date: October 26, 2006 10:50PM

Thank You sooo much for this site. If not for the information that I have found on here about LGATs and "cult" groups I would probably be alone in my worries of the group my husband joined.

I would have no information to help me understand what was happening, and I would be living in a situation where I did not know what to do. The information that I have found on this site probably saved my family and I a large amount of heartache.

Thank you for making the information available to the "world".

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: October 26, 2006 10:58PM

Congratulations!

Yes, this service is the most important globally-accessible resource on cultic behaviors of all types.

Thank you Rick for having the foresight and commitment to create this site, and the readily available message board (rah rah to moderators too!).
Untold numbers of folks have benefitted from the information here.

20,000 posts! A lot of information to glean through this board.

Regards,
Toni

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 27, 2006 06:32AM

Yes, congrats!
In the olden days, the only way to get info, was to go to the reference library, and try to do a search on microfilm, to try and find some article from 5 years ago.

And TALKING with others was almost impossible.

But now, anyone can log on, and look at different points of view, and think for themselves, in about 5 minutes.

There are very few people with the guts to take on these cults and sects.
The extreme sociopathic behavior of groups like Landmark, and many others, requires a very rare courageous person to face them down.
They are extremely nasty people, :twisted: and will stop at nothing to try and hurt folks. So Rick Ross deserves an award for having the guts to stand-up for Freedom of Speech and giving people a place for open discussion.
Hopefully his organization and website will be on the internet forever.

Great work Rick!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.