Current Page: 3 of 5
'inside landmark forum' video copyright
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 15, 2006 06:21AM

Jon Stewart might take it on. Even though he's a comedian, his "news" show sways opinion in politics and public opinion all the time. He has prominent political figures as well as autors, actors, satirists. John Ashcroft is going to be on in the next week, BIll Clinton was on a few weeks ago. Stweart and his "reporters in the field" are very clever in their interviews and would definitely be able to bring attention to Landmark on a large scale basis. That said, the show might not want to take on LE's lawyers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 15, 2006 06:38AM

Also, who has taken on Scientology? They might have a go at Landmark as well.

Penn & Teller's show Bullshit! might be willing to do a segment on Landmark, even using hidden cameras, those guys are very tough. (Rick Ross was on one of their New Age shows).

The best would be 60 Minutes, or one of those types of shows, or in Canada there is a show called "The Fifth Estate". [www.cbc.ca]

For those who are motivated, they could tell all of these types of shows to take hidden camera's into Landmark Forums, and get lots of good footage. But probably by now, Landmark is forbidding any type of bag to be brought in, or are searching people for recording devices. But there is always a way.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 15, 2006 07:21AM

SOUTH PARK did a great job on Scientology.

Posted by: blarney36363636 ()
Date: October 15, 2006 07:23AM

The best would be 60 Minutes, or one of those types of shows, or in Canada there is a show called "The Fifth Estate". [www.cbc.ca]

Very interesting that you mention this. The Fifth Estate was once sued by The Hunger Project, a spinoff of Erhard Seminars Training founded by Werner Erhard and EST Follower John Denver.
The show aired [b:23190ef737]October 23, 1986[/b:23190ef737], and was originally titled [i:23190ef737]"Hyping Hunger" [/i:23190ef737] Cult expert Carol Giambalvo appeared on the program.

Links to this day exist between The Hunger Project and Landmark Education and Werner Erhard, including attorney Martin "Marty" Leaf, who was a board member of Landmark Education and is currently an attorney for Landmark, he was also an attorney for The Hunger Project, and was in the same law firm as EST graduate and past president of The Hunger Project, Ellis Deull.

So on top of all that, there is also the fact that Canada has a large French-speaking population. They may have even heard of the newsprogram [i:23190ef737]"Pieces a Conviction"[/i:23190ef737]! I think The Fifth Estate would be most interested....

On another subject, it is interesting to note that this video is starting to become what's known as an "internet meme" or "internet phenomenon". Ironically, if Art Schreiber had not legally threatened YouTube and Internet Archive on the same day and started what's known in law as a "chilling effect", this video might not have gotten as popular so fast.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 15, 2006 08:06AM

Here is the contact info for the 5th Estate. These guys have lots of lawyers, and do tough stories. Everyone should send them info and links, maybe they will even REBROADCAST the french video, or do their own investigation.
[www.cbc.ca]

Also contact these journalists from the 5th Estate as well, they are very tough journalists.
BOB MCKEOWN
LINDEN MACINTYRE
[www.cbc.ca]

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 15, 2006 09:30AM

Here is the contact info for the 5th Estate. These guys have lots of lawyers, and do tough stories. Everyone should send them info and links, maybe they will even REBROADCAST the french video, or do their own investigation.
[www.cbc.ca]

Also contact these journalists from the 5th Estate as well, they are very tough journalists.
BOB MCKEOWN
LINDEN MACINTYRE
[www.cbc.ca]

Might be best to send them a written letter request/packet of information, along with a copy of the video AVI file on CD just in case. The Fifth Estate does sound like a good option that has done this type of thing in the past, and are courageous known investigative journalists in a French speaking country...

Posted by: blarney36363636 ()
Date: October 15, 2006 10:24AM

[www.cbc.ca] - contact the fifth estate
[www.cbc.ca] - hosts

[b:8dc09f55a6]Here is a sample form letter you can use to write to THE FIFTH ESTATE and journalists BOB MCKEOWN and LINDEN MACINTYRE :[/b:8dc09f55a6]

On May 24, 2004, the television network FRANCE 3 aired an excellent piece of investigative journalism on their [i:8dc09f55a6]"Pieces a Conviction"[/i:8dc09f55a6] program. The work was entitled "Voyage au Pays des Nouveaux Gourous", and dealt with the controversial aspects of the group labeled as a "secte" in France, "Landmark Education". One month after the news broadcast which aired to 1.5 million viewers, the "secte" withdrew all operations from France.

Recently, this same video was posted to the internet. Landmark Education created a "Chilling Effect", by threatening lawsuits against the websites that hosted the video, "YouTube", and "Internet Archive". The video is currently available at Google Video, at
[video.google.com]

If The Fifth Estate could do a program on this topic, featuring footage from [i:8dc09f55a6]Pieces a Conviction's[/i:8dc09f55a6] "Voyage au Pays des Nouveaux Gourous", I believe this would be widely received by the public. Please let me know what you think of this idea.
Thank you for your time.
Truly Yours,

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: October 16, 2006 11:35AM

blarney36363636
On another subject, it is interesting to note that this video is starting to become what's known as an "internet meme" or "internet phenomenon". Ironically, if Art Schreiber had not legally threatened YouTube and Internet Archive on the same day and started what's known in law as a "chilling effect", this video might not have gotten as popular so fast.

[en.wikipedia.org]

do we/you know for a fact that Art Schreiber made the threat?

I posted a link to the video on the Landmark LiveJournal community saying that LEC wanted the video suppressed. one poster challenged me, asking if I had proof. so, do you have proof? I would like to have some better response than something like, "LEC has sued people before and...", which I ended up saying to response.

Posted by: gourous2004 ()
Date: October 16, 2006 12:56PM

do we/you know for a fact that Art Schreiber made the threat?

I posted a link to the video on the Landmark LiveJournal community saying that LEC wanted the video suppressed. one poster challenged me, asking if I had proof. so, do you have proof? I would like to have some better response than something like, "LEC has sued people before and...", which I ended up saying to response.

I don't know of any written proof that Art Schreiber made the legal threat, but apparently if you contact Landmark Education's media relations people at [www.landmarkeducation.com] they will explain and verify that it was Art Schreiber who made the legal threat.

Please let us know what you find out.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: October 16, 2006 07:03PM

I think someone from the wikipedia entry on the film contacted Fance 3 etc and confirmed they were not involved in taking it down. The entry now says they were not involved.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.