Current Page: 5 of 5
'inside landmark forum' video copyright
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: October 21, 2006 08:17PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 21, 2006 10:18PM

Its off-topic for this thread or forum, but here is a quick example.
There were very active pages for the new entry "Wikiality", which was censored and ultimately deleted, apparently on direct orders from Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia, as it contained criticisms of Wikipedia. I followed this very closely, and now all evidence of what happened has been disappeared.

It got to the point, where other set up entire websites with the word Wikiality.
[tinyurl.com]

The Tony Robbins page is a joke. All valid criticisms of him have been expunged, time and time again, until there is nothing left.
[en.wikipedia.org]

I know some folks love Wikipedia. Personally, I think it was an interesting idea, but does not work for controversial or complex areas. But that argument is off-topic for this forum.

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: October 22, 2006 12:34AM

"edit wars" go on all the time. the Landmark article has gotten revised back and forth, I have noticed, as one of the people who went to some trouble to add and categorize a number of URL's to the External Links section only to have LEC supporters un-do my work.

I meant more deleting of entries. as far as an entry on Wikipedia itself, I can see why that attract much more controversy than most entries.

I never saw the documentary as in real danger of deletion, myself.

in general, though, as far as more subjective or contested issues, I wouldn't rely so much on Wikipedia. but then this factor cuts across all media, not just Wikipedia. textbooks, television, et cetera.

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.