Current Page: 2 of 5
'inside landmark forum' video copyright
Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: October 14, 2006 01:40AM

I have the strong feeling that she wants to only do scare stories on safe targets rather than possible sources of controversy, like Landmark. she wants to come across everyone's friend and only expose the danger of, let's say, teenage drug use.

That is not necessarily true. I've seen a show that she did on female circumcisions in other countries. (ouch) :shock:

She has the capability AND the influence of exposing current issues happening in this world today.

:?: :?: [b:cf14219708][i:cf14219708]Without trying, how do you know it won't work?[/i:cf14219708][/color:cf14219708][/b:cf14219708] :?: :?:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: October 14, 2006 02:25AM

female circumcision that occurs in other countries at the behest of religious traditions that for the most part don't exist here.

on second thought, I just re-edited my anti-Oprah rant out of existence which did not have a lot to do with the topic and more my dislike of certain of hers shows.

try but don't get your hopes too high. a quick peruse of RR found that she did actually critique an accused cult. much smaller one than LEC though.

good luck to you.

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: October 14, 2006 03:35AM

kath
All I'm after is to see if its them getting the vid taken down, or our friends from the Forum (which is probably more likely) :D

Directly contacting France TV may not be the best way to find out.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: October 14, 2006 03:37AM

The problem is that oprah is a bit of a 'human potential movement' fiend herself and can sometimes quite extreme in her 'create your own reality' views. So it would depend what her views on Landmark as a group are.

Posted by: Towest3 ()
Date: October 14, 2006 04:04AM

I am afraid that Oprah and landmark are in same bed indeed, known as "BIG $$$$" bed.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 14, 2006 10:28AM

Exactly. She has many Scientology friends, launched Dr. Phil, who had his own LGAT way back when. I doubt she would jump on this, and it is a couple years old now, too.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 14, 2006 11:54AM

Exactly. She has many Scientology friends, launched Dr. Phil, who had his own LGAT way back when. I doubt she would jump on this, and it is a couple years old now, too.

perhaps another talkshow would do it, like Maury Povich, ha ha ha.

or what about Bill O'Reilly?

or Jerry Springer? - Just think, you could have Werner Erhard and Gonneke Spits on one side, and the IRS on the other...

Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: October 15, 2006 01:30AM

I thought of her because of her influence. I didn't know how much she would agree to the tactics of Landmark.

Any other people / shows we can suggest like 20/20? 60 Minutes? Dateline to expose them?

Posted by: ginah ()
Date: October 15, 2006 02:15AM

I requested of Oprah several months ago to do a show on LGATs, cults and in specific MKP. I as well emailed, Montel Williams and Dr. Phil.

I emailed several paragraphs about these groups, what type of mind control etc that is used on unsuspecting people. I as well emailed several web addresses for their research. I never received a reply from any of the talk shows I emailed.

My suspicions are that these are much too controvecial for Oprah etc. to "get her feet wet" with. These talk shows are well into the $$$$$ side of things IMO and are "afraid" of the backlash that such a show would create for them.

I truly wonder if they are afraid of what would happen legally to them if they made such claims on national television.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 15, 2006 06:06AM

The problem with Dr. Phil is that even though he does take-on some more "conventional cults", he actually runs his own LGAT type events, and makes a ton of money doing it.
I found an old thread about this...

Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc.
[board.culteducation.com]

PS: in the thread above, someone mentions that Dr. Phil might have done some est training before. He is doing some weird stuff, like putting people in a house 24/7 with cameras, as if that is going to help them? Sounds like a Scientology type technique to me...

Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.