Current Page: 2 of 3
Landmark Education -> Mark Kamin & Associates?
Posted by: elena ()
Date: October 05, 2006 10:10PM

Gulab Jamon
I Sterling is a very comon word and is probably used by a lot of unrelated businesses.

Do you think Artie Kasarjian was just looking for a common word when he changed his name to Justin Sterling?

(I'm not disputing what you've written, just pointing out it's also an attractive word for scammers - they like the implied ~value.~)

Ellen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: October 05, 2006 10:49PM

elena
Gulab Jamon
I Sterling is a very comon word and is probably used by a lot of unrelated businesses.

Do you think Artie Kasarjian was just looking for a common word when he changed his name to Justin Sterling?
Ellen

I have no idea. I've never heard of him before now. Maybe he just wanted something more Anglicized-sounding.

Date: October 05, 2006 11:29PM

blarney36363636

If George Martinez does as his superiors at Landmark Education wish, perhaps it will not be long before all of Sterling Bank's employees volunteer performing menial tasks

I like this bit from Kamin's ~Methodology~ page.

[I've done some rough commentary, for ~enlightenment~ purposes:]

The Technology

There is a specific technology we employ in designing and tailoring the way we work with each organization.

[Geeeze Loueeeze, they just can't break themselves from ElRon's ~technology~ concept. It's always a dead give-away that this is scientology-derived.]

The principles of that technology are:

* Organizational cultures shape the reality within which people work;

[Uhhhhh...OK. But I could argue that people "shape the reality" of organizational cultures, but whatever...]

* The perceptions people have about their workplace very much determine their commitment in the workplace;

[Well, if my "perception" is faulty, either through deteriorating mental capacities, vision, hearing, comprehension, or some other failing, I could probably still muster up some formidable commitment, but onward...]

* You cannot buy commitment or scare people into being committed;

[Hmmmm....a nice paycheck has a way of ~bringing forth~ some pretty decent ~commitment~ on my part. And who says fear isn't a great motivater? Ask any ad-man.}

* The most potent way to maximize performance is to create a cultural climate in which people want to be committed, and then provide them the training, skills and resources to get the job done;

[Gee, if I were a cynic I'd suggest $$$ trumps "cultural climate" almost any day but I understand the general management objective of getting people to work harder for less money, which is another way of saying "maximize performance," I think.]

* If you wish to change the culture of an organization, you must first deal with the way people interact within that organization and build a level of communication that is very distinct from what one calls normal or ordinary communication;

[What if they use your ~technology~ to gossip, spread dissent, or undermine your authority (nowithstanding the "no gossip" policies)? That is if they resist the mandate of group-think that you are trying to impose? Will this enhanced (?) "level of communication" turn around and bite you in the butt (in the way Landmarkers often use Landmark against each other)? Or will they revert to normal or ordinary communication, thus availing themselves of your ~technology~ when it suits their purposes...]

* There needs to be clearly defined objectives and strategies that are meaningful and relevant – not just something that is written down and filed away;

[There needs to be an editor or a repeat bonehead English course for ~dummies~ in most of these ~human potential~ shops.]

* Speaking and listening are the keys to action; and

[Whoppee! I like to talk and to converse. Work, especially the hard stuff -- that's another matter.]

* Have people take on projects that require creating a breakthrough to accomplish.

[Uhhhhh....this sounds a little like sending people out on exhausting ~projects~ that keep them distracted and too tired to question you motives. Or another way to get more out of people than you're paying them for...]

Ellen

Posted by: gman ()
Date: October 06, 2006 11:37PM

Check out this SEC filing from Sterling Bank regarding its relationship with Mark Kamin & Associates:

[tinyurl.com]

Given that information, check out this article from The Houston Chronicle about the new curious relationship between former CEO George Martinez and Sterling Bank:

[tinyurl.com]

--g

Posted by: nate809 ()
Date: October 07, 2006 05:25AM

elena
gman

I just noticed on the Mark Kamin & Associates web site it says "Created by Nate Rosenberg". If I were a betting man, I'd guess that is a relative of John Rosenberg (Werner Erhard).

--g

I'm surprised Kamin "credited" Nate Rosenberg, who is Werner Erhard's brother. He didn't "create" anything much that I know of -- just jumped on the band-wagon, or gravy-train, if you like. These guys rarely give credit where credit is due or reveal their "sources." They're more likely to claim that they were struck by some kind of spiritual lightning or something. I wonder if he was threatened or coerced in some way. My bet would be that Kamin's got the goods on them and threatened to spill unless he was allowed to go into the business for himself.

Ellen

Hey everyone. This is my first post on these forums. I saw some errors in the posts quoted above, so I thought I'd clear them up. I'm Nate Rosenberg, and Joan Rosenberg and Werner Erhard are my aunt and uncle, not brother and sister. So, gman was right that I'm related to them, but elena was a little wrong about the relation (It's an easy mistake. My dad's name is Nathan, too).

My name is on the Mark Kamin & Associates website because I designed and coded it. I did website design all through college, including the website for Mark Kamin & Associates. That's why the website says, "Created by Nate Rosenberg". MK&A was nice enough to let me put "Created by Nate Rosenberg" on their site in case anyone who liked the site wanted to hire me to do theirs.

Posted by: gman ()
Date: October 08, 2006 01:53AM

Thanks for the clarification, Nate. I figured it might be Nathan Jr. who did it.

BTW, nice job job on web site. It looks good.

--g

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 09, 2006 09:07AM

Hey everyone. This is my first post on these forums. I saw some errors in the posts quoted above, so I thought I'd clear them up. I'm Nate Rosenberg, and Joan Rosenberg and Werner Erhard are my aunt and uncle, not brother and sister. So, gman was right that I'm related to them, but elena was a little wrong about the relation (It's an easy mistake. My dad's name is Nathan, too).

My name is on the Mark Kamin & Associates website because I designed and coded it. I did website design all through college, including the website for Mark Kamin & Associates. That's why the website says, "Created by Nate Rosenberg". MK&A was nice enough to let me put "Created by Nate Rosenberg" on their site in case anyone who liked the site wanted to hire me to do theirs.

Very interesting. And how are we supposed to believe that this is actually "Nate Rosenberg", the son of Nathan Rosenberg?

However, if this is a factual post, it would be most interesting to find out just HOW the son of a former owner of Werner Erhard and Associates Nathan Rosenberg (who along with Harry Rosenberg and employees purchased Werner Erhard and Associates from Werner Erhard and later turned it into Landmark Education) was able to get the connections to design a website for a Landmark Education copy-cat company like Mark Kamin & Associates...

Date: October 11, 2006 07:35AM

nate809

My apologies. Thanks for the correction.

Ellen

Date: November 03, 2006 05:38AM

[b:0f31e8f17b]"naterosenberg"[/b:0f31e8f17b], recently posted this video of Mark Kamin talking about "Sterling Bank", to YouTube:

[www.youtube.com]

Hear words like [b:0f31e8f17b]"authenticity"[/b:0f31e8f17b], and [b:0f31e8f17b]"integrity"[/b:0f31e8f17b], exact same stuff he must have learned from using EST Werner Erhard jargon and Landmark Education stuff...

oh yeah, and on a related note:

[www.culteducation.com]

Turn up, tune in, transform?
[www.culteducation.com]

A Harvard Forum For Self-Promotion?
[www.culteducation.com]

creepy, how financial institutions actually fall for this crap

I guess it's like Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute"...

Date: November 03, 2006 06:02AM

Mark Kamin is paying for a google ad that runs next to searches about it, attempting to denigrate Rick Ross, (again ironically, claiming somehow that Rick Ross himself is responsible for all these posts about him over here)

[markkamin.wordpress.com]

October 23, 2006
Response to Comment on RickRoss.com

Rick Ross recently posted a comment on his website about me, so that it shows up in searches about me. I am going to address what is implied on his blog about cults. The fact that Rick Ross is the head of a supposed cult awareness group implies that somehow I and my firm are linked to a cult. Rick Ross is a convicted felon who, in my opinion, tries to make a living scaring people into paying him to advise them on how to deal with supposed cults. He has characterized the book “Men Are From Mars and Women Are From Venus,” as cultlike. He also includes Yoga, the Mormon Church, the Amish, Amway, and Herbalife among others on his list.

Below is an excerpt from an article written by a retired Oregon Supreme Court Judge about the use of the internet to destroy people. He cites Ross as a prime example of this behavior. Judge Edward Fadeley:

Claiming to only have been [i:8c513e8a49]employed[/i:8c513e8a49] by Landmark Education and not having been a follower of them, Kamin coincidentally goes on to cite the same cult-apologist that Art Schreiber always uses in his letters, Dr. Raymond Fowler, the Ph.D. with absolutely no published research on cults, brainwashing, or anything of the sort!

weird.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.