Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
hidden camera - Inside Landmark Forum
Posted by: astagiaire ()
Date: September 27, 2006 12:53PM

This video take you inside Landmark Forum with
a hidden camera so you can see what they do to you
while you have rested and have time to think ..
something you are not allowed in the Forum

Show your friends now so they can know it
when someone tries to make them go

6 parts:
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

This is the video, with English subtitles,
that showed on France 3 TV. Soon after,
Landmark left France!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: September 28, 2006 01:07AM

I took the time out to watch the six parts of the Landmark Forum documentary. It has left me with a queasy feeling.

There are some good points made by experts on how participants are manipulated, plus the visuals are enough to back things up, especially those where people are [b:7cc6cb9fab]used [/b:7cc6cb9fab]as volunteers.

The abusive tone adopted by the course leader is sickening. He hardly seems interested in hearing people's stories, and the element of individuality is not considered.

[b:7cc6cb9fab]In part one, he tells a woman over the course of 50 minutes, during which he broke her down, that she is an asshole, that she should kill herself, and then said no, she should get cancer and die painfully over 27 years![/b:7cc6cb9fab]

All stories, it seems, are turned on the participant so that he/she is shown up to be responsible for any problems in his/her life.

That is such a limited point of view: - "That's your interpretation".

Right, and Holocaust camp victims could have chosen to view their experiences in a positive manner!

What about people who are actually leading satisfying lives and simply want to enhance their living experience? No, everyone [b:7cc6cb9fab]must[/b:7cc6cb9fab] have problems for the Forum to "work".

The focus is on the negative. How about finding the positive in everyone and enhancing it, empowering people to get the most out of their gifts?

Watching the documentary from the outside, it is plain to see that people are manipulated.

The question is this: Can recent or not so recent participants of The Forum see it for themselves?

Geez, my head feels stuffy after watching that!

Many thanks to [i:7cc6cb9fab]Astagiaire[/i:7cc6cb9fab] for supplying the links.

Posted by: MercurialMere ()
Date: September 28, 2006 07:25AM

The final scene of the sixth segment tells the story of how cults like Landmark gain momentum. Yes, many of us are incisive enough to sniff out a psychological rat--but what happens when the proselytizing comes from a trusted doctor or therapist? What happens when, instead of a pill regimen or time-tested therapeutic methods, your doctor prescribes Landmark jargon to cure what ails you?

This strikes a chord with me, because I am still trying to figure out how much of my stint in therapy with a Landmark introduction leader was actual CBT (cognitive-behavioral therapy), and how much was Landmark indoctrination. Looking back, the lines seem blurred as I remember some of the jargon that crept into our sessions.

The doctor in the restaurant seemed so cavalier about how he enrolled his patients, as if some part of him knew just how unethical it was. Personally, I wouldn't be bragging to virtual strangers about something that could cost me my medical license.

Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: September 28, 2006 08:39AM

I had the chance to see these videos. Very disturbing footage.

I was amazed at how easily people are swayed and broken down. The leader was so convincing that a woman who highly regards him, was stupified at the footage. She claimed her experience with Landmark was a positive one.

It was also interesting to see a man who claimed his life changed...he's been transformed and for the better. Yet, he was cleaning the rest room at the Landmark Headquarters. :shock:

This also proves, no matter what language, we are all vulnerable to these 'outfits'.

Thanks Astagiaire for supplying the links.

Date: September 28, 2006 11:31AM

How is the secret technology of the Forum going to survive increasingly small hidden cameras!!?

Posted by: astagiaire ()
Date: October 02, 2006 07:40AM

You can download the whole video at here
[www.archive.org]

Posted by: dontdoit ()
Date: October 03, 2006 12:16PM

Thanks for putting the video online. I had my experience with Landmark back in the late 90's. I did two courses, the Forum and the advanced course. A lot of coercion goes on, group pressure and harrasment. I was put under a lot of pressure to enrol others, i managed one who happens to be my ex partner and mother of my 10 year old daughter.

At the time i thought i was doing something good, but after i paid $700 for the advanced course i was asking myself why am i wasting my time here.

But i did the advanced course and half completed the weekly sessions before giving it up. But getting away from them wasn't easy and even 8 years later i get mail and phone calls trying to get me to go back.

The biggest concern i have with them is my daughter's mother has been a volunteer for 8 years. She travels 600 klms every 2 weeks to facilitate in these courses. She spends hours on the phone each night trying to enrol others. She holds meetings at her place to enrol others. She wants me to agree to have our daughter do the kids forum and whenever an issue arises between us , out comes the landmark language. I had to seek legal help to prevent her from enrolling our daughter.

All this organisation cares about is MONEY, they harrass you to enrol as many people as you can. During the courses they have a compettion to see who can encourage the most people to come to the graduation. They call you after the course to find out how many you have got coming to the introduction and if you have no one they keep calling and abusing you.

Landmark portrays itself as an innocent oragnisation committed to helping participants. But it is not.

The video that was shown was spot on. They need to be gone from Australia too.

Posted by: blarney36363636 ()
Date: October 04, 2006 11:20AM

Dear astagiaire,

I watched the video and noticed that it ended with the letters "Part 1".

Is there a "Part 2" to this segment?

Posted by: elena ()
Date: October 04, 2006 11:57AM

dontdoit

The biggest concern i have with them is my daughter's mother has been a volunteer for 8 years. She travels 600 klms every 2 weeks to facilitate in these courses. She spends hours on the phone each night trying to enrol others. She holds meetings at her place to enrol others. She wants me to agree to have our daughter do the kids forum and whenever an issue arises between us , out comes the landmark language. I had to seek legal help to prevent her from enrolling our daughter.

Good for you for having the courage to go against them. I can only urge you to do whatever you have to to protect your daughter from this psychological scourge. I'd think you'd have a pretty good case in court, but they'd probably never let it get that far. Even Landmarkers realize they are in indefensible territory when it comes to children. I've seen them back off when one parent is opposed. I think they have restrictions that demand both parents' approval and that last thing they want is to be dragged into an arena where they might be revealed or exposed. They must be running around like chickens with their heads cut off at the YouTube clips.

Best to you,

Ellen

Posted by: dontdoit ()
Date: October 04, 2006 04:15PM

Is there a part 2 on this horrible organisation. The first 6 parts brought back a lot of my own forgotten memories and got me angry but it also got me to take more action then i have against this group. I hear about them on a weekly basis and i don't want to anymore, but it's just because someone i know very well puts Landmark before anyone else and it has to stop.

Thanks for putting the video onto youtube. You have done a great service for those of us who have an insight into this group but haven't be able to explain to non participants how bad they are.

James

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.