Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Documentary on Werner Erhard, with his participation,arrived
Posted by: Gregory8899 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 12:08PM

I just found this. Since I'm new here, pardon if this has been posted elsewhere:

A documentary on Werner opened April 2006, and showed in Atlanta two days ago. Looks like Werner, at 70, helped out! Can't wait to see it.

[www.transformationfilm.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blarney36363636 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 04:40PM

It would be most interesting for someone to find out what courses derived from Werner Erhard that Robyn Symon, has participated in.

Robyn Symon made the film, Transformation: The Life & Legacy of Werner Erhard.

It would indeed be intriguing to note if she has previously participated in Erhard Seminars Training/est, Werner Erhard and Associates, or the Landmark Forum/Landmark Education.

Posted by: blarney36363636 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 04:58PM

Here is the cast & crew for Transformation: The Life And Legacy Of Werner Erhard:

DIRECTOR: Robyn Symon
CAST: Don Lattin, Jane Self, Michael Jenson, Randy McNamara, Warren Bennis, Werner Erhard
cinematographer: Horacio Marquinez

Anyone know if any of these individuals have participated in Werner Erhard's various coursework before?

Here is what was quickly available:

Don Lattin - Ex-Employees Describe Abuse In Suit Against est's Erhard
San Francisco Chronicle/April 3, 1990
[www.culteducation.com]

Jane Self - 60 Minutes and the Assassination of Werner Erhard, authorSelf assures you she’s a PhD right on the cover. (Breakthru Publications)
[www.believermag.com]

Randy McNamara - August 1973, trainer with est/Erhard Seminars Training, (the graduate review" publication of est, an
educational corporation, july/august 1980), currently Landmark Forum Leader - [www.landmarkeducation.com]

Warren Bennis - took est Training in 1979, served as a consultant to Erhard in 1980's (The Return of Werner Erhard: Guru II
Los Angeles Magazine/May, 1988
By Mark MacNamara ), [www.culteducation.com]

From the looks of the Cast & Crew publicly listed, it seems that this production will most likely be biased towards an overly positive representation of Werner Erhard and his various coursework and organizations.

Thoughts?

Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: June 19, 2006 06:20PM

Too bad it's not coming to Australia, I'd really like to see it. What a horrible con man he is. I can't believe people still doubt it. All my lekkie friends say "oh he deserves to be a multi-billionaire, look at what he's done for humanity!" What exactly has he done? "Transformed millions of people!" And what does that mean? "Come do a course, you'll get It!" I did, It didn't work for me... "Well, you're just a failed case. You weren't coachable." Their logic just floors me every time.

Posted by: tywebb ()
Date: June 19, 2006 09:23PM

One of the many things that is sad and I guess laughable about EST/Forum/Landmark is the whole transformation bit, which seems to be one of the big Axioms on which they abide and use to seduce people.

I remember my fiancee trying to convince me that" she has seen it transform lives" Well, it didn't seem like anyone was really transformed or that much better off. In fact...hearing them speak with their rote responses and bad analogies made it seem like I was talking to a drone.

I guess in this day and age... seeing as there are supposed to be what 9 billion or so people on the planet that the bell curve is in full effect. I just guess that a certain # of people are going to want to be controlled so desperately that they will fall for groups like EST/Forum/Landmark.

One great thing about this country is that a person can choose not to be part of groups like these. One sad thing is that these groups destroy families and realtionships, using pure manipulative strategies(Machavelli licking his chops), all for the sake of profit and greed.

Res Ipsa Loquitor
T.W.

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: June 20, 2006 12:10AM

In the long run the true value of an idea (or constellation of ideas) will be known for what it is. People talk. Word gets around. The Wog World , as Scientology enchantingly phrases everybody else besides Scientologists, isn't as dumb or enturbulated or untransformed as all of that.

Herein is the great test. Are the ideas good enough to pass the great collective filter test ? Or are only certain aspects or componenets borrowed by the public thought domain ?

Aspects and components of [b:9dd1206618] Erhardism [/b:9dd1206618] have been incorporated into the public discussion, but nowhere has there been a groundswell towards this school of enlightenment. The same is true of Scientology.
If even one solid piece of their "tech" , say, Dianetic auditing, really worked as well as they insist, the public would be swarming all over it.

The blunt fact is that the public is aware in varying degrees, Erhardism had it's moment back in the 80's when it was widely discussed within the society at large, and many of its tenets were socially tested and then rejected. It isn't like these guys haven't had their day in court. They absolutely have. The group mind listened, evaluated, and said NO, it doesn't pass the final acceptance test.

The Erhardians, like the Hubbardians, must then grope around for a fallback position... and this is why you will always find [b:9dd1206618] "the explanation" [/b:9dd1206618] , like the Germans had after the first World War, "the stab in the back" .... the Erhardians have certainally had their explanation... or a plurality of them.... the "I couldda been a contendah" story... the dirty Scientologists are plotting against us, we are perceived as a cult ! Isn't that hilarious ! Laugh, everybody, laugh ! The world isn't ready ! Hunger project ? Did you say something ? Werner who ? Sex Night at the Six Day ? What strange things you speak of , grasshopper ... Money ? Ah yes, money is strange energy ! ....

You will notice that these enlightened beings are masters, well coached masters at that, at [b:9dd1206618] speaking around inconvenient topics [/b:9dd1206618] while od course pretending to address them directly when actually redirecting the conversation... Penn and Teller could learn something from these guys when it comes to playing cat and mouse with [b:9dd1206618] what's so [/b:9dd1206618] ... when "what's so " is what they feel like what should be so...

Posted by: estie ()
Date: June 22, 2006 12:25PM

To Ty,

It's kinda a sore point for me when people denegrate everyone who ever took one of these programs, like they knew what they were doing! I'm hopin' you just don't understand. I don't think we all did est/Landmark because we "wanted to be controlled." That just snuck up on us. :wink: We thought we were doing something, recommended by a friend we trusted, which would enhance life. Many of us were idealistic. There were a lot of really good people who got roped into this thing. And I don't think we're to blame. When I did it, there wasn't any information to find. There wasn't any way to know better. People haven't been prepared, by education or life, to recognize the methods these groups use.

Blame the perpetrator, not the victim, please. <bats eyelashes>

estie
--
"there and back again"

Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 22, 2006 01:19PM

Yes, lest we forget...

Some of the most courageous and generous and clear-thinking people are those who have managed to free themselves from this stuff and tell what was done to them so as to warn others away.

Ellen

Posted by: tywebb ()
Date: June 22, 2006 11:49PM

Apologies...I did not mean to put any one down.

I was taken by a desciple of LEC. She seemed to good to be true, and she was. It was clear to me that LEC was nothing more than a scam after the 3 hour friends and family bullshit. Then she really started pushing it. I had to do it. Her Mom...a lekkie volunteer for 8 years hooked her into it big time, and it was impossible to even have a conversation with them about it's milieu, which is clearly manipulative and uses basic persusive techniques. I mean...really, why can't people see this? Then again, look at how many people voted for dubya.

So...I know how it feels to be taken. It appears you have found your way out of that bullshit, and that's a breath of fresh air.

Best of luck,
Cheers,
TW

Posted by: estie ()
Date: June 23, 2006 09:52AM

elena
Yes, lest we forget...

Some of the most courageous and generous and clear-thinking people are those who have managed to free themselves from this stuff and tell what was done to them so as to warn others away.

Ellen

Aw, you're just sayin' that. :oops:

estie

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.