Help! Personal Dynamics (NYC) has taken my boyfriend
Posted by: jgobronx ()
Date: February 25, 2012 06:02PM

A neighbor of ours is into Personal Dynamics and got me and my boyfriend to go to an introductory meeting, which was ok. They use a lot of the philosophy of Don Miguel Ruiz (the Four Agreements), which I like. But all the secrecy and the talk of "enrollment" turned me off so I didn't do it. But my boyfriend did. The first level, "Discovery", seemed to do him a lot of good. He became much more responsible and stopped drinking so much. So he's continued on and did "Transformation", which was more controlling, but still not that bad. They got him volunteering and that seemed to help his self-esteem. Now he's in the "Leadership" level and they are controlling every second of his life. We will be in bed together and if they text him, he answers right away. He got home from a "training" at 2am and has to be back there at 11am and they told him he has to read these 2 Don Miguel Ruiz books before tomorrow! So he stayed up reading till 3:30. Then he has his 6:30 am check-in call. There are meetings almost every night and they drag them out till 11 or 12. He works, so he's hardly sleeping. He snaps at me if I say anything negative about the group and he snaps about everything because he's exhausted. But if one of them calls him, he's sweet as pie. Then they have to help out with another group's "trainings" so he's constantly running around, getting food for the other group and doing all kinds of tasks that they assign him. He sees that he's being manipulated, but he can't stop himself.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.