Current Page: 53 of 176
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Disgruntled ()
Date: July 16, 2007 11:40PM

Ok Robert is just too much. This may shed some light on who he is.

[slweekly.com]

He simply cannot be believed. The article caught his personality perfectly.

His lies go so far that he cannot tell real world stuff from his own reality.

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: July 17, 2007 01:47AM

The program that is presented by Impact Trainings is the only one of it's type in the world.

There is no similarity to the other LGAT programs anywhere in the world in 95% of the areas of focus and training.

I just described, in detail, a lifeboat process that is exactly the same as the lifeboat on Impact - from a training in AFRICA! Did you not read it or is that a part of objective reality that doesn't fit into your personal reality?

Shall I go further and describe the other processes that are exactly the same as on Impact, like:

* The red-black game
* Stretches
* The anger process
* feedback arcs
* the "trying" demo

And we've barely even started discussing the details of the trainings, so who knows what else will turn out to be the same? Is that maybe one of the [i:59e45fe95c]real [/i:59e45fe95c]reasons you don't like the processes to be discussed? Is that your reason for posting here right now, to disrupt a conversation about the Lifeboat?

What is actually [i:59e45fe95c]different [/i:59e45fe95c]about Impact, other than foot-washing and TIT??

Here are some phrases from your message that could've come straight from the lips of a Quest South Africa trainer:

confidentiality is essential so that the participants who are actively involved are truly in a safe and secure environment. THAT is why they will not tell you the processes that they go through.

Impact is completely different for every person.

The program that is presented by Impact Trainings is the only one of it's type in the world.

(I think you slipped up here, the correct phrase is "Unique in the world")

the ones whom give of their time, know that they are changing lives

there was never one single time that I felt that I was "in over my head" or that I was being forced via peer pressure or any other way, to do ANYTHING that I did not choose into.

had I not gotten involved with the Impact Trainings Program, that my life would not be even close to the level that it is right now

because of the way that I AM

Not only are your trainings the same - even your claims about the training are the same.

So, should I conclude that Impact Trainings and Quest South Africa are the [i:59e45fe95c]same[/i:59e45fe95c] unique organisation? Or should I conclude that you are lying? Or maybe you are an innocent who has been lied to by your highly integrous trainer?

I am curious, why do all of you LGAT businesses lie about being unique? What do you hope to achieve by that? Personally I don't care whether you're unique or not, but when you claim to teach [i:59e45fe95c]integrity[/i:59e45fe95c] and then lie about the very nature of your courses - surely you are all [i:59e45fe95c]conscious [/i:59e45fe95c] enough to realise there is a major contradiction?

You've totally discredited yourself by your own statements, even if you aren't the Robert Paisola character.

[/b]

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: July 17, 2007 01:53AM

Are you that hard hearted to be so arrogant in denying the destructiveness on many peoples lives by these LGAT's. Who cares if your life is working so grand. It would probably have worked well without Impacts influence upon you.

This post of yours is typical in peoples responses who are ignorant, and insensitive to how some participants are not emotionally in a place that these LGAT's can keep from being harmed and hurt in applying these philosphies in destructive ways in their lives.

I am very happy you have such success in how you have applied this stuff in your life.

Yet, I also can't ignore the results in many others lives. Including my own life from this destructive stuff.

These companies need to put up, or shut up. They say it works and it seems to work for some like you. Yet, it destroys others like me.

So, please turn of your self focus and look and read the wake of destruction in peoples lives and be a human being that cares for people and the harm that is brought by LGAT crap philosphy.

Moneytrainer
Hello My Dear Friends and Readers,

I wanted to take a moment to chime in on this discussion, as I HAVE PERSONALLY gone through the Impact Trainings Program and I can honestly tell you that there is NO CULT LIKE BEHAVIOR that I have ever witnesed.

I have been in some of the most advanced forms of training in the world including Anthony Robbins and Donald Trump, These do not even come close what I received at Impact.

First off, There is no shunning of those who chose not to move forward in the program. If you have friends going through the program, There is indeed a sense of confidentiality to everything that goes on in impact, just like the Landmark Education Program and many others, but this confidentiality is essential so that the participants who are actively involved are truly in a safe and secure environment. THAT is why they will not tell you the processes that they go through. Impact is completely different for every person. My experience at Impact is not like any others. It is truly a personal journey.

Why has Impact not expanded "across the nation" as one commentator expressed? Well the reason for this is very simple. The program that is presented by Impact Trainings is the only one of it's type in the world.

There is no similarity to the other LGAT programs anywhere in the world in 95% of the areas of focus and training.

THAT is why they do not expand, as the vision has now been perfected over time and those who are the ones whom give of their time, know that they are changing lives, so to try and replicate the program in some formulamatic way is impossible. The program is also a very evolving program. What one person may have experienced a year ago may only be 20% of what has now evolved in the trainings.

I can speak from personal experience, that I have attended every single Impact Trainings Training that they offer, and there was never one single time that I felt that I was "in over my head" or that I was being forced via peer pressure or any other way, to do ANYTHING that I did not choose into.

[...]

I can promise you that had I not gotten involved with the Impact Trainings Program, that my life would not be even close to the level that it is right now. And all I will say on that is that I am VERY SECURE, both financially and mentally.

I am completely aware of who I am. I have amazing relationships with my friends, family and even my ex wife. She is now one of my best friends.

I can tell you that there has never been one time that I have recruited anyone to go through the program, but because of the DIFFERENCE in ME, I have worked with almost 300 people who have decided on their own accord to go through the program, because they felt and saw something different in me.

That is correct, almost 300 people because of the way that I AM. And NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON was "recruited" by me.

In conclusion, let me state that Donald Trump has said that ANYTIME that you are achieving success in ANY WAY, that there will ALWAYS be people on the outside shooting bullets at you, out of pure spite and jealousy.

[...]

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Disgruntled ()
Date: July 17, 2007 01:57AM

I think the only thing Robert didn't lie about was that Impact changes lives. He got that right.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: July 17, 2007 02:05AM

I want to apologize for my response to Moneytrainer's post. It got my blood boiling over the arrogance that was in it.

That arrogance is definitely a button for me.

I can see from the other responses, and looking at how long Moneytrainer
has been a member with only 2 post during this time.

Based on his posts that have been made. There is clearly a hidden agenda to his posts.

To promote Impact. That is very clear.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: maurice ()
Date: July 17, 2007 04:43AM

I've just read Saneagain's post about the feedback thing. It was the most disgusting thing i have ever heard of. I was almost crying just imagining what it must have been like. I don't remember anything that horrible in landmark (who knows? maybe in the other courses i didn't go on to sign up to there is something like that). You have all my sympathy.

To Rswinters: dont' apologizies to Moneytrainer. No one should ever apologizes to those people. You said nothing but the truth.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Disenchanted ()
Date: July 17, 2007 04:48AM

I am not quite done reading all the posts on this thread so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I wanted to address Impact's response to anything negative about them found online and in particular on this thread.

"The internet is the bathroom wall of society"

Wow, I've never written on a bathroom wall before!

This is such an absurd and unfounded attempt to discredit the information here, it is almost funny. I have never in my life seen anyone so passionately and articulately express themselves with such wisdom, insight and clarity on a bathroom wall. Maybe I just haven't been to the right bathrooms. If that's the case, will someone please tell me where these bathrooms are, I would like to visit them!

The bathroom walls I've seen are full of vulgarity, profanity, phone numbers, and lame attempts to proclaim love in the most unlikely of environments.

I guess there are a few lame attempts to proclaim love in the most unlikely of environments, but if that's what they are referring to, they are discrediting their own people!

This thread is nothing of the sort! The only real similarity is that anyone can post anything they want on here anonymously. So what? Besides the fact that none of us want Impact after us with threats, lawsuits, and whatever else, anonymity is part of the beauty of it all. Most people want to remain anonymous at least at first while they sort things out. Many people may have no where else that they feel comfortable questioning the integrity of Impact, exploring their negative impressions, or feelings, and sort out the ocean of confusion in their mind.

Anyone with half a brain who has read the posts here can tell that most of them are posted by people who are genuine, honest and unfortunately experienced in the topic of discussion.

So Impact's ridiculous, all encompassing comment to defend themselves against anything negative found online is very typical and right in line with all of their other (non)explanations. It's some stupid blanket statement that sounds like it addresses the problem, but in reality, just covers it up and diverts the attention to something else, in most cases a transgression of the person who asked it.

Oh yeah, while I'm at it. For a good time call Disenchanted at 555-%$#! :wink:

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: July 17, 2007 05:20AM

Excellent post, Disenchanted! I especially love the last paragraph, the one just before your phone number (which I also love!), as it's a perfect description of lgats' slimy MO.

IMPACT Trainings
Date: July 17, 2007 09:26AM

Hello all,
This has been a relief to me to read. Especially to ArmyofOne, thank you. I started the Impact trainings the same time you did, from what I've read about you. I couldn't stand one more second of what was going on when Justin incited a mob to throw out the man in the back of the room. I left.

Much to my disappointment, my wife stayed. Then she secretly signed up for the second brainwashing as well. It very nearly ruined our relationship, as she held her commitment to Impact as something more important than her commitment to our relationship. I think it is still hard for her to see how inherently damaging Impact is.

When I wanted out, I was threatened by one of the staff members - she told me that if I left, my wife might choose to leave also, and that I would be responsible for that (right), then she said that if I leave and she chooses to stay, that I'll be way behind her in learning and that will have a negative impact on our relationship (if she only knew how much further behind my wife would be, and how damaging THAT would be to our relationship). When I thanked her for her understanding, after she finally agreed to reimburse me (more on that at another time) for the reimbursable expenses (they get you either way, don't they?), she told me , "I didn't say I understood you." If there was any way to be more insulting and degrading, she didn't have the mental capacity to deliver it.

I waited patiently, but anxiously, for my wife to get through the first course, and was happy to have her home. She knew how strongly I felt about Impact, so she signed up to do the second course of the series without telling me and told the staff to use what money I would be reimbursed for, to go toward her (even more) expensive second round, for fear that I would be able to talk her out of it. She went.

Every day, and every night I called and left messages on her phone for her to please come home. It was all in vain. I went down on the second to the last day, and waited on the road with my kids, with a sign on our trailer that begged her to leave Impact and come home - when she finally came out, she wouldn't listen to me - she had been approached by some staff members before coming out and wanted to know why I was out there protesting. She had made up her mind (or Impact had made it up for her) and she said that to have integrity she needed to finish this course and that she would be home Saturday night. Our kids were crying because she wouldn't come home. I told her I couldn't stay in a relationship where something like this was so much more important to her than how we felt. The kids wanted to stay with her, and they all got out. My wife told me that it was fine if I left, that she would go on and have a bright, happy and fulfilling life with or without me, that I wouldn't hold her back anymore (and I have only one idea of where that notion came from, and it wasn't from any experience we've had in our relationship).

As upset as I was, I left the kids with her and drove away (I know, I'm an idiot for doing so). I never thought she would take our kids into the building, but she did. I figured she would call her nearby aunt to watch them for her. I spoke to my father-in-law by phone on the way home about what was happening and why I felt my marriage had come to a horrible end. He managed to say just the right things to me and told me to try to steady the boat when someone was rocking it.

I went back to pick up the kids, calling my wife's aunt first, to find that she did not have the kids. I went back to impact to get them. I walked in calmly, found the kids watching a movie and eating food that had been provide them, with a staff member. I told them to come along with me, that we were going home to wait it out for mom. The staff member stood up, got right in my face and told me that I wasn't going to take them anywhere and that we could go discuss this politely (- right). I told him that that wasn't necessary - that we were just going to leave. He told me he was going to call the police if I attempted to take my kids. I grabbed my two youngest by the hand and began to walk away as quickly as we could. In the parking lot, several staff members ran out and started blocking my two older kids that were behind me from coming to me, as I frantically pleaded with them to quickly get off of the property and come home. Hans (according to my oldest child) was in the parking lot and was yelling at my kids that they shouldn't go with me saying things like "Can't you see how sick he is? You're not safe going with him; you can't go with him." It caused my kids to start to cry, and one of them was so confused on the parking lot, standing behind a wall of people, who kept persuading him, as well as the rest to stay. He finally started walking toward me as I got in touch with the Salt Lake County Sheriff's office.

I told the deputy what was going on (my side of the story), and how it was their intention to call and report me for kidnapping and trespassing (and disturbing the peace, as the deputy put it later, sort of chuckling about how that would never have happened if they hadn't been idiots (my words - when I was begging for my kids to get off of their property and come with my whole soul) and that they certainly weren't going to charge me with anything - they (the Sheriff's office and the deputy calling me later on my phone) just wanted to know that my kids were OK.

What kind of an organization would do that to a family? To small kids? To a relationship that was on the rocks? Hans (according to my oldest kid) was yelling at me in the parking lot, telling me how he couldn't understand how my wife would put up with me for the 16 years we've been married, and that I was holding her down and keeping her from being happy. I was shocked beyond belief that anyone claiming any sense of an ability to be helpful to others would have the audacity to say something so hurtful and spiteful after hearing only small portions of one side of a story. It only gave me more evidence that whatever my wife was caught up in was worse than even I had imagined.

The day I went down to wait for my wife was after reading the email that ArmyOfOne had sent to everyone that had gone through Quest with her. She had been to this site by then, and I found it after doing my own searching for Impact and cults. I'm glad I got out when I did. I wish my wife would have followed her gut feelings about it, too, but unfortunately, she was more committed to her friend that had told us about and encouraged us to get into Impact, than she was to her REAL integrity (it's funny how they change that word to mean commitment to Impact).

We're now in counseling - as a very direct result of the negative impact of Impact - that ought to be their name - Negative Impact. I wish there was a way to shut them down. I wish there was a way to tell every single person going in what it really holds in store for them.

Here's to healing damaged hearts and minds and relationships because of an ugly thing called Impact Trainings, and thank-you all - I feel I have a support group to go to.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: July 17, 2007 10:56AM

damagedbyassociation,

I would like to express my deepest sympathy for your situation. No one deserves to have their families torn apart by Impact. For the record, this kind of thing happens regularly at the center.

Thank you for posting.

Current Page: 53 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.