Current Page: 43 of 176
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: June 28, 2007 04:09AM

outofimpact
It is only in looking back, with time away from my experience that I am able to see it for what it is. It is more than mind blowing. What I experience is how I knew that I was uncomfortable but I still went through with the whole experience because I was being promised so many things. What I couldn't see was that my being there was really serving the trainers. Everytime a money issue came up, it was like they had an answer for every thing I was uncomfortable with. And the most unsettling to me is how easily I was swayed and I conformed to doing what they wanted. It was like my reasoning checked out and I sucked into this black hole where I didn't think for myself. I sucked into wanting to please the trainers much like a child trying to please a parent. ICK. It really does make me nauseous.

I could have written this!

Ditto for me!

skeptic

Options: ReplyQuote
IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: June 28, 2007 11:26AM

1985—Passing of a Prophet and Reincarnation of Old LGAT in New Impact Form

I see in these pages both writings reflecting a lot of pain and havoc along with a lot of clarity of expression and realization/understanding that has resulted from Impact Trainings. What works for me in addition to the writings of Steve Hassan on the Moonies, are the writings of Bruce McConkie, who died just as Impact was breathing new life as the latest reincarnation of the LGAT. Impact philosophy says there are no accidents. Had McConkie been allowed to live a little longer, Impact folks may not have enjoyed such a comfortable sanctuary in Zion from which to weave their clever web of deception.

McConkie lists as number 40 in his listing of 51 signs of the times: “MANY FALSE CHURCHES IN LATTER-DAYS.-- This is the great day of Satan’s power. It is the day of false Christs, false prophets, false miracles, false religions, false doctrines, false philosophies. It is a day when fables take precedence over facts, when all but the very elect are deceived.” Impact is at least playing its prophesied role with great diligence. For those deceived by Impact, be perplexed but not in despair. You are among the elect. The purpose of life is to learn, and your (our) experience is like gold to potential enrollees in Quest and other trainings.

I was told repeatedly to trust the process. Yea! Right! Look to these pages to see what trusting the process leads to in people’s lives. Based on results, I choose out of it; and so will other rational, fully informed souls.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: June 28, 2007 12:46PM

Ex, you make a great point about Impact being full of contradictions. Everything that occurs in the training room is designed to engender an emotional response that the trainers and staff can then use to manipulate people into paying for future trainings. As long as the trainees believe that their mind is the enemy they will never catch on to the obvious failings in the Impact processes.

This tendency to ignore logic and reason still persists in many trainees who disassociate themselves from Impact. Unfortunately the conditioning doesn't seem to go away that easily. Is it just me or have we had some creepy posts in the forum lately?

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: June 28, 2007 02:05PM

Hopeful Soul
1985—Passing of a Prophet and Reincarnation of Old LGAT in New Impact Form

I see in these pages both writings reflecting a lot of pain and havoc along with a lot of clarity of expression and realization/understanding that has resulted from Impact Trainings. What works for me in addition to the writings of Steve Hassan on the Moonies, are the writings of Bruce McConkie, who died just as Impact was breathing new life as the latest reincarnation of the LGAT. Impact philosophy says there are no accidents. Had McConkie been allowed to live a little longer, Impact folks may not have enjoyed such a comfortable sanctuary in Zion from which to weave their clever web of deception.

McConkie lists as number 40 in his listing of 51 signs of the times: “MANY FALSE CHURCHES IN LATTER-DAYS.-- This is the great day of Satan’s power. It is the day of false Christs, false prophets, false miracles, false religions, false doctrines, false philosophies. It is a day when fables take precedence over facts, when all but the very elect are deceived.” Impact is at least playing its prophesied role with great diligence. For those deceived by Impact, be perplexed but not in despair. You are among the elect. The purpose of life is to learn, and your (our) experience is like gold to potential enrollees in Quest and other trainings.

I was told repeatedly to trust the process. Yea! Right! Look to these pages to see what trusting the process leads to in people’s lives. Based on results, I choose out of it; and so will other rational, fully informed souls.

Hopeful Soul, you have a unique perspective, as we all do, and I want you to understand that I have respect for the LDS concerns that exist between Impact and that organization. But I think it is also valuable to note that your unique religious point of view isn't necessaritly universally held, even from within Mormon culture, and there are many who read these posts who may think McConkie was a false prophet (if they even knew who he was to begin with).

I appreciate your perspective, but your tone seems prescriptive and presumptuous that [i:9fb802b8db]all[/i:9fb802b8db] of the readers of this forum believe as you do. I [i:9fb802b8db]personally[/i:9fb802b8db] know Mormons who would disagree with some of what you have shared here, but you state your beliefs as if they are a statement of fact. I don't want to dispute your personal religious beliefs here (as I said before, I respect them) but I do want to say that what you share appears to be strongly religiously biased and may be misunderstood by those who have no idea as to what you are talking about or referring to. In fact, it is my opinion that they come across as fanatical [i:9fb802b8db]because[/i:9fb802b8db] you do not acknowledge any other point of view. Impact affects people of every stripe, and when you only exclusively express a particularly specific point of view only a select group may understand, it has a confusing effect.

There [i:9fb802b8db]is[/i:9fb802b8db] a [i:9fb802b8db]dire[/i:9fb802b8db] LDS problem with respect to the Impact TIT trainings, no doubt about it. This should not be understated. But when you [i:9fb802b8db]exclusively[/i:9fb802b8db] base your objections to Impact on references of scripture and the teachings of your specific religious icons, you are excluding and possibly repelling individuals that are dissimilar of mind and belief, even those who are Mormon and do not see things precisely in the way you see them.

I have also noticed that you continue to [i:9fb802b8db]strongly[/i:9fb802b8db], consistently and casually use Impact dialogue, terms and euphemisms in your discourse here. Have you seen a professional concerning possible trauma that may have occurred as a result of your exposure to the training? I know this is a personal question, and it is intended to be a rhetorical one, but I am truely concerned.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: June 29, 2007 12:05AM

exImpact

Thank you for sharing your impressions of me. I feel like I’m experiencing the feedback arcs all over again. You must have been one hell of a good trainer and coach for Impact. You are too correct. I have imprinted on my mental hard drive the Impact language. Part of this is just being facetious. A troublesome part though is that through the trauma I have been altered mentally. I will look at that possibility and see what comes up for me. It does give me an air of authenticity you must admit.

Any prospective enrollee should be advised that you don’t just try Quest out a little. It’s like pregnancy, once you are pregnant it is what it is. To use another comparison, its like cocaine, it only takes one use to get addicted. My impression of exImpact is that we have both been sucked into the vortex of the Impact tornado; I fortunately fell out at a fairly low altitude; exImpact was tossed out of the top of the thunderstorm.

I must try to repent of criticism of The Impact Church/Religion. I say, “...let them worship how, where, or what they may.” (Article of Faith 11). I am bound by the injunction though, “If you have been warned, warn your neighbor.” When I initially was forced to grapple with the Impact issue I looked extensively to secular sources. I have mentioned Steve Hassan’s work. I looked at a lot of literature in university libraries (not BYU) and talked to church leaders as well as mental health professionals. I would say that the majority of the insight I have on Impact comes from secular sources, but the LDS literature on the subject does resonate with me, and I think it will resonate with a lot of others. Impact coaches keep trainees in the question and open to all possibilities. My reference to LDS doctrine is just that, being open to all possibilities. Maybe I'm just trying to use it a a backfire like they do to contain a forest fire. It is fighting fire with fire to use Impact training to point out its own nonsense.

Hopeful

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Philips ()
Date: June 29, 2007 01:16AM

Thanks Hopeful. Your post resonated for myself and most likely all LDS people who come here. As ExImpact had already said several times here, about 50% of the Impact trainees are LDS, and it is a big problem with LDS people (has that actually been studied or is that a guess?) so your post will reach out to many people. Better to reach 50% than not to reach any at all.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 29, 2007 02:32AM

Dear Hopeful Soul,

In the bible, Jesus also warns of false prophets. He also tells us how to know one when we see one. He says we can know a tree by its fruit. We can know the truth or falsity of a teaching by the results it produces. See Matthew 7:15-20.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: June 29, 2007 03:07AM

In the bible, Jesus also warns of false prophets. He also tells us how to know one when we see one. He says we can know a tree by its fruit. We can know the truth or falsity of a teaching by the results it produces

Oh, this is an unfortunate quote from the bible. The lgats also tell you to judge things by their results. Of course they only look at a limited and biased and brain-washed result section. So they take a good concept, pretend its their own and then apply it incorrectly.

These lgats manage to ruin so many good concepts and words.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 29, 2007 03:43AM

I am looking at the fruit, the results, of LGAT's - the broken relationships, financial losses, painful recovery from brainwashing, people under the illusion that their lives are improving when the reality is the opposite. This is what tells me that it is false.

I think it is important to not take anyone's word for what the fruit is, but to observe it for oneself. It is still a good test.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: June 29, 2007 03:57AM

question lady
I am looking at the fruit, the results, of LGAT's - the broken relationships, financial losses, painful recovery from brainwashing, people under the illusion that their lives are improving when the reality is the opposite. This is what tells me that it is false.

I think it is important to not take anyone's word for what the fruit is, but to observe it for oneself. It is still a good test.

These kind of posts are too good to just have on one topic thread. How can we communicate about LGAT's where it gets copied to all topic threads on each company that is an LGAT on this website.

We need to communicate to people searching for information on these individual companies, and steer them to the broader base of information on Large Group Awareness Training.

I did some quick web searches on Klemmer before being sucked into these seminars in my life.

If I would have been steered to look for information on LGAT's as a whole. I more than likely would of avoided going. I am an analyst for the most part. My lack of information on what Klemmer is. Which is an LGAT plain and simple.

I would have been able to see the negative that is out there to read about this type of company.

I honestly was unaware of what I have been made very aware from the destruction that resulted in my making such an uninformed decision in my life.

Any recommendations on how we can consolidate this information for people doing a search on whatever LGAT company. While they will be led to the bigger picture which can't be ignored if they read the huge amout of information out there.

It is just not clear for most where to look. I didn't know where to look, and it cost me dearly.

Current Page: 43 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.