Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
mankind project...cult?
Posted by: erica5eco ()
Date: February 07, 2006 02:47PM

My husband has been in the mankind project for around 1 1/2 years. He says that around 6 mos. ago he had a "spiritual awakening" and has been having "deep spiritual and emotional connections" with certain people since this experience. Granted, we have had our share of problems, but I feel like since his Training weekend, along with all the subsequent Integration groups (every other week) he has been more distant, less communicative about everything in his life, he's changed his look, now wants a tattoo (which he never talked about before) and last week said that he has been thinking about divorce for the past 6 mos. I am trying to sort out the truth and whether or not he has fallen out of love and changed or is suffering from the impression of the mankind project. I would really appreciate any information anyone might have of something similar, or other useful information. I am so confused! This is not the man I married.

Options: ReplyQuote
mankind project...cult?
Posted by: Ivy ()
Date: February 17, 2006 03:51AM

They say they are not a therapy group, That is all the Guts manual talks about! EXample!
Lets say when your husband goes to I groups and he is upset with you, the do exercises say think like F the B and then they all say it? So how is that supposed to be helpful?
My husband was becoming soooo angry with me!

I mean you are his wife, there should be NO secrets. It is because they
tell your husband how great he is, they seem to prey on men who have come to a point in there lives when they may be depressed because they are short on money or just lonely! Well who isn't short on money! And if they would talk to us more they would not be lonely! OMG I could go on and on! I am angry with myself how even I was tricked into agreeing to see my husband go to this!

I would be so angry for anybody who called themselves my friend, yet would not endulge any information about this weekend , knowing I would not go! What kind of person calls themselves a friend and then pulls this crap! Some kind of friend all right!, Hmm mm started to check out the price $600 to run around screaming in the woods naked????? I am here to give you some insight! I know what it's like to be blocked out!
I would get him to quit this before future damage is done!

If anybody need any information I will be happy to share, just tell me what you are looking for
Good luck
Ivy

mankind project...cult?
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: February 17, 2006 05:19AM

Ivy
I totally understand, my husband who is a realtor was also in this!

His Boss, got him in! He must think he is some kind of saint doing some good! I think he is a wanta be!
My husband started in
Sept. 2005, The
thing is I got on the web site, found his pass words and you would be so upset to know how they do there exercises!
Lets say when your husband goes to I groups and he is upset with you, the do exercises say think like F the B and then they all say it? So how is that supposed to be helpful? He was becoming soooo angry with me!

I mean you are his wife, there should be NO secrets. It is because they
tell your husband how great he is, they seem to prey on men who have come to a point in there lives when they may be depressed because they are short on money or just lonely! Well who isn't short on money! And if they would talk to us more they would not be lonely! OMG I could go on and On! I gave my husband a choice, them or me! He does also have a 5 year old, who he adore to add to the mix! He said he quit and has not gone to the last 2 I groups. I still have a lot of catching up on as far as how he has been thinking. Plus I am angry with myself for letting him go in the first place, but the catch was it was paid for by his boss and he would just have to (PAY IT FOWARD) if he liked it??? Hmm mm started to check out the price $600 to run around screaming in the woods naked????? I am here to give you some insight! I know what it's like to be blocked out! I have downloaded all the manuals that only initiated men are supposed to help, if you need more information.
I would get him to quit this before future damage is done! I told my mother that this group is an insult to her (She is Native American) , she agreed, and I told her that they have yet to see a Warrior, until now that they messed with me and MY Family! Fight for what is yours!!!!! Good luck
Ivy

This is very ironic. This guy published "How to get Woman to Love You" and he recommends participation to the Landmark Forum and the Mankind Project's New Warrior Training adventure. Perhaps you should give him a call !!!

[www.menstuff.org]

mankind project...cult?
Posted by: Ivy ()
Date: February 17, 2006 06:09AM

Anybody who thinks that keeping secrets from his wife is not trustworthy! I wonder if his wife will join the phone conversation????

mankind project...cult?
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: March 09, 2006 01:11AM

My H attended Weekend Warriors last December. His 12 step sponsor insisted he needed to go, and would not take no for an answer. While he was gone that weekend, I started searching for info on them. Most of what I got was from their own websites. I found some stuff on blogs that really upset me.

When he came home, he was pretty quiet. Said he did not want to go to the I-group until he had some questions answered from his sponsor. He did say he felt he got some good stuff out of that weekend, but he was upset by some other stuff.

I showed him what I discovered. Food deprivation, sleep deprivation, intimidation, nudity, maybe some sexual abuse, sensory overload from beating drums, isolation from family, etc. I had discovered this is a form of brainwashing. He agreed with me this all went on.

He has not gone back. He received many phone calls from this group asking him why. His sponsor is continuing to put pressure on him to continue. His sponsor knows I am very opposed to continued involvement and this would cause problems in our marriage. He still continues to put the pressure on my H.

My H is starting to say things like "maybe I need this group". This scares me.

Ivy, you posted you had other information on their agenda. Could you please let me know. I have read of numerous marriages failing after involvement in this group. Even my H was surprised at this statistic. However, he says the marriages were probably alread doomed. Just a coincidence.

I need something to wake my H up. Please help.

mankind project...cult?
Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: March 29, 2006 06:03AM

I want to help what2do, but I have to write 10 posts first.

mankind project...cult?
Posted by: Tim Batdorf ()
Date: April 19, 2006 10:47PM

I was the Board Chairman for the Mankind Project in the Windsor-Detroit Centre for two years from January 1994 to January 1996. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have about the Mankind Project.

MKP sponsors weekend retreats. MKP's intention is to empower men in their own lives. We ask men to create their own personal mission statements based on their own lives and their own experiences. We don't have dogma or doctrine men must follow - quite the opposite.

Because the weekend tends to be powerful, men often leave the weekend really enthusiastic and excited about their lives. In addition, oftentimes men will come off the weekend and start trusting their gut more. If they are in a marriage that isn't working, they will start looking at the marriage and hopefully try to make their marriage work.

The MKP weekend is powerful and does change men's lives. Oftentimes family members are scared of change. We're all scared of change. And if a marriage is strong, I think it encourages growth and change and honesty.

My two cents,
Tim Batdorf

mankind project...cult?
Posted by: wquercus ()
Date: April 19, 2006 10:56PM

[b:fd71806436]Moderator note:

"wquercus" posted information here about the Mankind Project, which he admitted attending. Subsequently, more than a year later "wquercus" returned to delete all his posts regarding the Mankind Project. However, portions of his statements remain as quoted/noted by other members posting here.

Apparently, "wquercus" came to realize that his statements provided proof concerning what goes on inside the Mankind Project and he therefore decided that he didn't want that information to remain here publicly visible.

The Mankind Project and its supporters have done everything possible to keep its practices secret, as anyone reading threads about that organization at this message board should readily realize.[/b:fd71806436]

mankind project...cult?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 19, 2006 11:07PM

Tim:

Would you also explain, given what is known about MP now through this thread, why it should not be considered group therapy?

And why would someone seek help in their life from MP rather than a more safe and conventional approach through a licensed professional?

A licensed professional would seem better qualified, educated, accountable and less problematic in dealing with personal issues, such as those identified, explored and examined through an MP weekend.

Why do you think a man should give his valuable time to MP rather than spend that same time more conventionally with a licensed marriage and family therapist or through individual or group therapy with a clinical psychologist?

Doesn't that make more sense time-wise and practically?

Time is valuable, so woldn't it be more proudctive and safe for someone concerned about personal issues to schedule scarce and valuable time with a qualified professional licensed in their rather than a philosophical group like MP?

mankind project...cult?
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: April 21, 2006 07:51AM

Tim Batdorf
I was the Board Chairman for the Mankind Project in the Windsor-Detroit Centre for two years from January 1994 to January 1996. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have about the Mankind Project.

MKP sponsors weekend retreats. MKP's intention is to empower men in their own lives. We ask men to create their own personal mission statements based on their own lives and their own experiences. We don't have dogma or doctrine men must follow - quite the opposite.

Because the weekend tends to be powerful, men often leave the weekend really enthusiastic and excited about their lives. In addition, oftentimes men will come off the weekend and start trusting their gut more. If they are in a marriage that isn't working, they will start looking at the marriage and hopefully try to make their marriage work.

The MKP weekend is powerful and does change men's lives. Oftentimes family members are scared of change. We're all scared of change. And if a marriage is strong, I think it encourages growth and change and honesty.

My two cents,
Tim Batdorf

What you say is rubbish. It's all about conformity and group control. This is the science of social psychology where participants are deliberately put in a state of cognitive dissonance (you love your wife - you say F the B) so that the leader gains full control over them. It's a business, legal in America but unethical.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.