Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Okay. this is what I can't get my head around about Cruise..
Posted by: $cienTomogy ()
Date: August 01, 2005 06:28AM

Did you see the video of the WOTW press conference where the Boston reporter asks him about the relationship between the movie's aliens and Co$.... here's a snippet:[/color:c8d962b779]

Q: One of the things changed from the novel was having the aliens laying dormant for eons rather than coming out of the sky…

[b:c8d962b779]Cruise: I was there when he came up with that idea. It was instantaneous. I remember that. I thought it was a great idea, because the machines are lying dormant.[/b:c8d962b779]

Q: So what resonance did that have for you as a Scientologist?

[b:c8d962b779]Cruise: In what way?[/b:c8d962b779]

Q: Well, in that some of the tenets of Scientology deal with the past of aliens on this planet…

[b:c8d962b779]Cruise: That’s not true.[/b:c8d962b779]

Q: No?

[b:c8d962b779]Cruise: You’re like “Huh? What?” What paper are you from?[/b:c8d962b779]

Q: Boston Phoenix.

[b:c8d962b779]Cruise: Boston what?[/b:c8d962b779]

Q: Boston Phoenix.

[b:c8d962b779]Cruise: Is that… okay… a good paper? [/b:c8d962b779][Here Steven Spielberg leans in and tells Ton that he's read it and it's a good paper][b:c8d962b779] I don’t know how to answer that. It has no resonance whatsoever. There’s absolutely no relation to that whatsoever.[/b:c8d962b779]

You can watch the interview at [www.scientomogy.info] Likewise, again when being interviewed by 60 minutes in Australia he denies that there is any negative association with Co$ and that THE REPORTER is the bias one! Again see [www.scientomogy.info] for the vid.

Here's my question. Tom says he's been a scientologist for 20 years so with his devotion and income we could safely assume he's very high OT, if not OTVII.... in fact I'm sure I read he's a "clear" so there's the answer.

So... WHAT'S THE FRICKEN DEAL WITH THE ALIEN DENIAL!!! I mean, c'mon.... there's only a few conclusions on can draw;

[*:c8d962b779]He is well and truly brianwashed into the cult and therefore knows and believe's in Xenu et. al and also that the secret should be protected no matter what... (most likely but sheesh... when's he gonna come round to reality!
    [*:c8d962b779]Co$ have some sort of noose round his neck that they could blackmail or threaten him with if he leaves... (unlikely but have heard of this before - Travolta even perhaps....)
    [*:c8d962b779]As a celeb he get's special training which leaves the whole "intergalatic battle" thing out completely - mean if you watch the vid he does look surprised!
    [*:c8d962b779]And finally.... he's on a % cut o their payroll??? AND HOW OF A PRICK DOES THAT MAKE HIM???[/list:o:c8d962b779]

Thoughts:?:

Even a poll below...[/color:c8d962b779]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elena ()
Date: August 02, 2005 01:02PM

Hard to figure out how he might have managed to blind himself and maintain the "beliefs" this long in a world where there must have been thousands of people trying to get the truth to him. But by now, I imagine, his success has provided so much protection, the truth has no way of reaching him.

I don't think he's the sharpest pencil in the box. Look at the other "famous" scientologists. No one with any education to speak of. In addition, I imagine they got to him with the blackmail stuff, telling him his career would be over, or worse, should he ever say anything negative about them. They keep files of all "confessions" for this purpose. Plus his ego is all tied up in being a scientologist, so they've got him in many ways. Still, you'd have to imagine that one well-placed word might get to him. I really can't figure out how anybody could believe this cr*pola, but I guess that's what makes the whole subject so compelling to me. These scammers can get people to believe just about anything. It's almost as though there were a "flip-side" to human intelligence or human cognition or something.

Ellen

Posted by: Scottperry ()
Date: August 25, 2005 11:21PM

Please take a look at the Wikipedia article about Scientology at:

[en.wikipedia.org].

of particular relevence to this question are the article sections:

[en.wikipedia.org]

and

[en.wikipedia.org]

Based on what this article is saying, it would seem that there is a good possibility that Cruise may actually be honest when he says that he believes that the CoS has no Xenu material. Not to say that there is no Xenu material, only that Cruise may very well not know about it.

Reading this article, it would appear that the CoS is not exclusive about who it misleads. Based on this article, it would appear that members like Cruise, as well as non-members of the general public are methodically misled as per official CoS policy.

Thanks,

Scott Perry

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 26, 2005 06:15AM

It is impossible for Tom Cruise to no know about Xenu and the incident, which is taught to every Scientologist that reaches OT-3.

Tom Cruise is reportedly and OT-6 working on OT-7.

Wikipedia is hardly a reliable source for information about Scientology and is subject to quite a bit of misinformation.

Note their disclaimers.

See [en.wikipedia.org]

"Wikipedia cannot guarantee the validity of the information found here. The content of any given article may recently have been changed, vandalized or altered by someone whose opinion does not correspond with the state of knowledge in the relevant fields."

Date: August 26, 2005 11:31PM

Dear RR,
Sorry I didn't know Cruise was that far along across the "Bridge". Obviously this fact makes the man, Cruise quite a dissembler, claiming that there was no Xenu incident. I have met some CoS'ers whom I believed honestly knew nothing about the Xenu incident.

A former high ranking CoS officer that I happen to know has told me that the 'majority' of CoS'ers are unaware of the Xenu incident. I pressed her for a percentage, asking, "What is it, 95%, 97%, or 99%?" All she would respond with was, "No, its just the majority."

It is my educated guess that the CoS probably tries to keep its celebs 'spoon fed' and at as low a level as they can convince them to stay at, as when they move up to the levels to where Christianity itself begins to be attacked as evil, they begin to have a higher drop-out rate. Why waste a good celeb if you don't have to? No?

Does anyone know what level Travolta is now?

Scott Perry

Date: August 27, 2005 06:39PM

Many Scientologists have not reahed OT-3.

It is expensive and if they are working for Scientology as full-time staffers in the Sea Organization they may be too busy.

See [www.xenu.net]

This explains Xenu and "the incident" that Scientologists learn at OT-3.

OT-3 may be viewed on-line along with other Scientology writings for free at the following website.

See [www.xenu.net]

Date: August 28, 2005 06:46AM

Anyone know Travolta's place on the OT bridge? I'm totally amazed that Cruise has been allowed to advance so far on their 'bridge'. I'm also somewhat surprised to find out what a good B.S.'er Cruise is.

Travolta strikes me (and I think most everyone) as a more sincere type of individual than Cruise. Prediction/ uneducated guess: Travolta isn't nearly as advanced on the CoS bridge as Cruise. Anyone know the facts on this one?

Cheers,

Scott Perry

Date: August 28, 2005 07:28PM

John Travolta has been a Scientologist longer than Tom Cruise.

He is already an OT-7.

Until recently Travolta was far more outspoken about Scientology than Tom Cruise. He still is quite active, but Cruise is more in the spotlight.

Posted by: glam ()
Date: August 28, 2005 08:43PM

According to the article in this month's Glamour by a woman who left Scientology, she was in the organization since she was a child (I think she left when she was about 20) and still hadn't gotten to OT3, despite being very heavily involved—she was in the Sea Org. Also, she breaks Scientologists into two groups: People like her, who are heavily into the organization, attend Scientology school, and seemingly receive the most abuse, and "mere public" Scientologists like Cruise, Travolta, and her own father, who hold down regular jobs, live apart from other Scientologists in their own homes, and aren't as deeply involved. (I had no idea there were two different levels of involvement.)

Her father told her (after she left) that she could now find out what you learn at OT3 on the Internet, because past members had posted it there. She was afraid to look, because it had been drilled into her head that if she saw the "secrets" before she was "ready," she'd get sick and even die. But she forced herself to read it, and was absolutely horrified to see that the "big secret" of Scientology revolves around aliens. Just horrified that she spent most of her life slaving for this organization and this...aliens...is what it's all about.

I wonder if perhaps wealthy "public" Scientologists might get to the higher OT levels more quickly (because they spend more) and perhaps the alien stuff is kept from them? Maybe they're told they're OT8 or whatever to assuage their egos, but the "true" beliefs of the CO$ are never really revealed to them, on the chance it might slip out? I'm just guessing here.

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: August 28, 2005 11:09PM

Glam:

Thank you for the article suggestion.

As to the two sub-groups... the worker bees vs the donors and public PR folks.. that is common in other cults. I saw the same.

The worker bees receive the most abuse, but not until after they have been fully seduced/indoctrinated into the value of the group. They can never do enough, never live up to the living standards of the cult, no matter how hard and devotedly they try.

The big donors are lovingly stroked and validated, are advanced more quickly through the ranks. They also have more external freedom (have to keep making the bucks so can donate it). Big donors, of course, have coveted ready access to the leaders. These valued donor-members feel so good and validated, naively believing that all the worker bees are also receiving the same positive benefits. Thus they continue to donate their money and public support, recruitment value, to the wonderful group.

One extrememly wealthy highly honored higher-up in another group, an old friend, said to me after he defected (over a decade after I'd left) "Toni, you can't buy enlightenment". He realized that despite having given million$ to the group, he was still the same internally, only had lost a number of years of his life.

Amazing. It's great that the press is publicizing Scientology.

glam
Also, she breaks Scientologists into two groups: People like her, who are heavily into the organization, attend Scientology school, and seemingly receive the most abuse, and "mere public" Scientologists like Cruise, Travolta, and her own father, who hold down regular jobs, live apart from other Scientologists in their own homes, and aren't as deeply involved. (I had no idea there were two different levels of involvement.)

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.