Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Not received confirmation of login details yet - have checked spam
Posted by: Ruth ()
Date: December 06, 2007 04:12AM

I have read through the messages on this part of the forum but unless I'm being dense (which is possible!) I have been unable to find one that answers my question.

Earlier today I tried to register, with a username and a password. The message came up that I would receive an email to confirm my registration. That was several hours ago now but despite checking my spam / junk folders and my inbox regularly I haven't received anything yet.

I was really hoping to use the forums so please can you help?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Not received confirmation of login details yet - have checked spam
Date: December 12, 2007 06:45AM

I have the same problem,

I'm an ex-Muslim from Persia and very interested in this website. and also modarating at a politic and anti-Islam Forum;

I had to entered another email, but my valid email is in my regestary form.

Persian Protester
Blackman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 09:29PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: zenon ()
Date: December 30, 2007 09:18PM

Ruth
Earlier today I tried to register, with a username and a password. The message came up that I would receive an email to confirm my registration. That was several hours ago now but despite checking my spam / junk folders and my inbox regularly I haven't received anything yet.

The confirmation mails are sent out instantly so, unless there is a glitch in the mail system of this server or that of your ISP, you should have the mail within seconds. Glitches do occur, but they are extremely rare. Most ISPs enforce quotas, so another reason for this to happen could be that your mailbox is full.

Checking your spam box is the right thing to do, but you already did that. Assuming that your mailbox isn't full either, the only logical conclusion I can draw from all this is that you made a typo in your e-mail address while registering.

If you supect that, you can try re-registering. If you had indeed made a typo the first time and don't make the same typo the second time, the system will accept your registration and send you a new confirmation mail. If on the other hand there was no typo to begin with, the second time you try to register with the same e-mail address the system will refuse it, telling you that it's already registered. At that point you'll know for sure that something is wrong somewhere and it's outside your control. If it comes to that, post here stating your e-mail address (use the form "user AT domain DOT tld" rather than user@domain.tld to avoid getting spammed) so I can look into the problem.

Z

Date: December 31, 2007 03:29PM

Blackman AT darthprophet DAT com

Date: February 19, 2008 05:43AM

There was no trace of you in the system; none whatsoever. I now registered you with the username and e-mail address in the parent. I checked and verified that the confirmation mail was sent and was correctly received by 74.220.207.108. So you should have it. Of course you will need to recover your password once your account has been activated.

Z

Posted by: Almost Registered ()
Date: March 26, 2008 10:15AM

uttirj AT q DOT com

Posted by: having problems with registering ()
Date: April 14, 2008 11:54AM

Hi, I have been having major problems with registering.

First i didnt get a confirmation email, when i signed up using hotmail

So then i tried using gmail and i got the confirmation, but now it says a moderator has to approve the account, and i haven't heard anything back. I wonder if i am just being too impatient? How long does it take usually?

My username is taylor1

Thanks!

Date: April 23, 2008 11:21AM

First i didnt get a confirmation email, when i signed up using hotmail
hotmail is notorious for (a) its overloaded incoming servers and (b) its over-zealous spam filters.

So then i tried using gmail and i got the confirmation, but now it says a moderator has to approve the account, and i haven't heard anything back. I wonder if i am just being too impatient? How long does it take usually?
It's a manual process, so it can take anything between a few minutes and a couple of days. Your username is not among those awaiting approval right now though, so I assume you have already been approved.

Z

Posted by: dreanki3 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 04:05AM

i have had the same thing with my gmail. waiting for aprov. username(dreanki) its been a few days. i diddnt know it was manual so i guess ill just wate. also, i diddnt know how the system worked so i tryed to set up another account with a different email and a very close user name, and i was worried that i wouldent get aproved because it looked like spam or something.

Posted by: Ben ()
Date: August 23, 2010 12:24PM

I attempted to sign up using:

bdsam@prodigy.net

When I try to re-register it will not allow because it states that email is in use. Can you help?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.