Current Page: 16 of 36
Re: Ex members of John MacArthur's church
Posted by: Lass o' the Glen ()
Date: January 22, 2013 03:30PM

bjw --

Please do follow through with starting a website for those of us who have been hurt by the MacArthurite family of churches. Your efforts could help comfort, heal and restore the wounded ones to a right relationship with Jesus. When you do start a site, please post a link here if that's allowed.

You've perhaps heard about the lawsuit against Sovereign Grace Ministries, another family of neo-Calvinist churches headed by MacArthur's friend and fellow conference speaker C.J. Mahaney. A blog for ex-members of SGM churches, SGM Survivors, has been a source of healing and strength for them, and I think one for GCC/TMC/TMS survivors would be a blessing to many of us. It appears that the Lord is now exposing the false doctrines and authoritarianism of these types of churches. He is bringing many out of bondage to them and into the true freedom that we have in Christ Jesus.

The peace of the Lord be with you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 23, 2013 04:19AM

Hi Lass o'the Glen and bjw:

I don't know if you have read my posts of late. Please do because I was a member of GCC for twenty years. I believe I have enough knowledge and Bible background that could contribute. I did not hear about the lawsuit. I can tell you that Mahaney was a member of the UN and is very dangerous in the efforts against the true gospel of Christ. I think we need to be very careful and accurate in our efforts to fight against this most dangerous and Satan driven cult. I know MacArthur personally. He has changed so much since I first khew him. I wrote him just yesterday telling him about my own testimony and warned him that he did not even have the Spirit in Him. I am heartbroken over what I have seen in this church over the past twenty years. It is not how this church started. I came to know the Lord because of the first pastor Dr. Don Householder. I went to Bible School because of the counseling of the second pastor, Dr. Richard Elvery, both of which loved the Lord and loved people. My mother taught Sunday school there and I spent 20 years under John's ministry. I thought I was in a good church until I moved to Washington state and got under a dictator that was a graduate of TMC. I had his son in AWANA so we moved to that state to work in that church. I spent three and a half years there. Another case of Reformed Theology. Because of his dictoratorship and the snall groups he wanted us to talk about sin this and sin that. I got tired of it. This is what I shared with John in my recent letter. The point was, that this pastor was a product of John himself. I didn't realize that until I came back to GCC. I started asking God to help me Know Him as Paul did in Philippians 3. I had to empty all that I new of Reformed Theology, JM and everything else and consider it as rubbish that I may know Him. I allowed the Spirit through humility, meekness and patience resigning myself of me that I may allow Him to teach the depths of who He is. He has been very gracious to me because I am a seeker of Him and His truth through the word.

It we do this internet, we need to be careful. Because these people will tlwist things. We need to let the Spirit help us and we need to focus on Christ Himself in our life. May He direct our paths in our efforts. It won't be a piece of cake. I was at a school that promoted Calvinism. They will use this to beat us over the head just like they do so many that have been hurt by JM and others if we don't lallow the Spirit do direct us.

May I say to all on this sight. You all are a breath of fresh air to me. We need to get others who will help us in these efforts. I have written a book called Intimacy in God. It isn't published yet. But think once it comes out people will see that the gospel is being suppressed so much by people like JM, who claim to know Jesus, but have no power because they have no truth. My book will focus on Christ in you, the hope of glory. Everything in it comes from the Bible as I have allowed the Spirit to teach me through inspiration of Him directing my inner being.

Posted by: teacher ()
Date: January 23, 2013 09:56PM

Hi all - Teacher here.
I don't know if I'm the first one who suggested getting a website up in different languages to highlight the "behind the scenes" of this sect (same as many others of course, but having touched me personally I can "attack" it /in a non-violent style/ more knowledgeably. As far as I can see it, each one of us has different aspects to share. I am familiar with the survivor's group - I actually wrote an email to ask if I could "join" but so far have had no answer - I wonder if they think I am a troll or spy.
I have realized that there is a lot of fear amongst "survivors" and also those who are entangled in the web of deception with little power of decision. I had the feeling for a long time that we were dealing with a spiritual (and I mean that word) attack in my dad's ex-church - for many months I was confused. Then God gave me the answer: ok it wasn't what I was expecting but he opened my eyes. I had smacked straight into a sect. I believe that people need to be able to google and find information that shows it is not all "rosy" - I am willing to act. I am willing to stand. I am willing to take a position. I have pointed this out elsewhere in this forum but have only had response from bjw and gtw. So please PM in private. Taking a stand does not mean being stupid: if one KNOWS there can be danger it is good sense to ACT accordingly - therefore if you want to have a part in this please contact me. Just think how many people there are on this forum and how little interaction there actually is! I must admit I find difficulty in actually logging in via my cell and I have little time to connect lately on my PC, but I read posts. If we could join up - regardless of where we are located - and stand together in peace...well I would be happy to play my part. If you read back you will find some of my posts. I was helped because of the material in English on google but I can tell you there is basically NOTHING in other languages except lies or half truths. I once said to GTW : "I don't want war." - I never got to explain that I don't believe in fighting with Bible verses in certain circumstances: I think it is almost a blasphemy sometimes when I read blogs full of verses and arguments. I believe in exposing the truth with calmness, respectful language and effective Bible Teachings and Quotations. I am ready people - GTW and BJW can confirm this. So MysteryoftheGospel, Mark, Lass...hope to hear from you asap!
In the meantime

God Be With Each One of Us

Teacher

Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: January 24, 2013 08:52AM

Teacher-

What "survivors" site are you referring to?

MOTG-

Do you have any idea what the relationship was like between MacA and his Dad?

Seems to me that MacA has let others exalt him and he has also exalted himself. I've encountered a similar attitude with a radio talk show host in Columbus, Ohio. He graduated from Bob Jones U. before blacks were admitted. He can dish it out on his callers when they are on air, and when they are off air, BUT, turn the tables on him, and question him, and he can't take it! Similar attitude. I think he and MacA forget that we are to submit to each other and that Christianity doesn't have a heirarchy.

Mark

Date: January 24, 2013 10:33AM

Hi Mark

I would have to know the name of the pastor before I could identity any relationship.

Teacher:

I agree, I just think we need to present the truth of the gospel and let God do His work of exposing. We all know that what they are doing is wrong and they are adulterating the Word of God. Arguments won't work because they know just enough to counteract our attacks. I know John personally and I know what he is like. He won't budget his view. He has already tried to attack me. We just need to keep in the Word ourselves and Let the Word of Christ dwell in us richly. Again, they are the god of this world. They will twist truth. Teacher, you and I know how JM loves to sweet talk the gospel.

I have a friend of mine who I had in AWANA when he was a third grader. He loves me and I want to let him know that is going on at Grace because his sister is still there. I have to be gentle with him and help him through this so I can show him how wrong GCC is. He told me about his family members all of which I know and then another family. Both the parents of both families are divorced. It doesn't matter of John teaches against divorce, when the Bible is taught wrong, people are going to do what they feel is right in their own eyes. One of the boys I had in AWANA got married then had a divorce because the wife used drugs. His mother who I know very well is in a mental home because she had a nervous breakdown. His sister works there and charges family members $200 a session to see their mother. INSANE. That is the result of teaching at GCC. Peoples lives are being turned upside down because JM uses hard theology of the reformist on people.

Again, if we do the website, we have to be very careful and discerning. We need to the the Holy Spirit direct us against this. Remember, every time there is truth, there will be opposition and God will be glorified if we are humble and meek before Him.

The Lord bless our efforts in this.

Posted by: teacher ()
Date: January 24, 2013 02:00PM

Mark Scheiderer
Teacher-

What "survivors" site are you referring to?

hi mark.sgmsurvivors.are you able to join in the website?if so inbox me otherwise no problem.sorry on my cell and bad at writing!
teacher

MOTG-

Do you have any idea what the relationship was like between MacA and his Dad?

Seems to me that MacA has let others exalt him and he has also exalted himself. I've encountered a similar attitude with a radio talk show host in Columbus, Ohio. He graduated from Bob Jones U. before blacks were admitted. He can dish it out on his callers when they are on air, and when they are off air, BUT, turn the tables on him, and question him, and he can't take it! Similar attitude. I think he and MacA forget that we are to submit to each other and that Christianity doesn't have a heirarchy.

Mark

Posted by: Lass o' the Glen ()
Date: January 24, 2013 04:11PM

MOTG -- I don't know MacArthur personally, but I've spent 18 years very close to his ministry. Your story is heartbreaking. It took a lot of courage to tell it. You are in my prayers.

Teacher -- Many people are so full of the fear that neo-Calvinism has instilled that they can't move past it to deal with problems in the church. I was stuck in that fear for a long time. Standing together in grace and peace to speak the truth in love is the right thing to do. Let's pray for the strength to do so.

Mark -- I think Teacher is referring to the SGM Survivors site. You're right - there ought not be hierarchies among the followers of Jesus.

Posted by: gracetowho? ()
Date: January 25, 2013 12:23AM

Hi MOTG,

One thing i wanted to ask you, did you know if any suicides by people attending the church or their family members?

The reason i ask is that when i was attending mini john churches the suicides and attemps along with depression
were common in peoples families.

Gtw?

Posted by: gracetowho? ()
Date: January 25, 2013 01:56AM

To Anyone,

Does anybody have Any explaination why John Macarthur is friends with and supports
C J Mahaney who believes in the gifts of the Holy Spirit?

John Macarthur is vehemetly anti- charismatic even wrote a book about it, -Chrismatic Chaos-
condemning all pentecostals and charismatics as demonicly possessed or just insane.

Intersting, how with one fell swoop John Macarthur damns millions of Christians,
People like Jack Hayford or Chuck Smith?

But not Cj mahaney of SGM who has serious moral/ ethical issues?

Why does CJ get a pass from Jmac?

Gtw?

Date: January 25, 2013 03:40PM

Hi GTW:

First, I only knew of one of the families. They were Catholic. They were more angry than depressed, at least to my knowledge. There was a lawsuit a few years ago. Grace won the case. I know there was another suicide, bot I know nothing about it.

Regarding Mahoney, I knew very little about him, but I can tell you that Hafer and MacArthur are very good friends. Figure that out. How can we associate with.with a person he accused a demon. Sounds like a double standard to me.

Current Page: 16 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.