Re: Radiant Life Church of Sacramento, California, Pastor Tony Cunningham
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: March 24, 2010 09:33PM

TimetoSpeak your mail box is full

Timetospeak
I suppose Greg and Kelly Skinner were forced to move because they opposed Tony too. There are more people opposed in the neighborhood than those that are pro. The reason RLC failed is pride, arrogance, deceit, greed, self centeredness, personal gain and a desire to be "honored". Most would like to move to get away from the oppressive cloud placed on the community by Tony and RLC. I imagine there will always be bizarre churches with incompetent leaders.

Oh let me add another reason RLc has failed it is because of wrong theology!
TONY has fashioned for himself his own idol his own god. His god is often seen in his bathroom mirror, car mirror reflection on a window.

I rejoice every time I hear of someone leaving the demonic stronghold of Tony Cunningham.

Did the Skinners leave RLc???

That is good new if it is true!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 09:39PM by BraveHeart.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Timetospeak ()
Date: March 27, 2010 02:11PM

I doubt the skinners left. My point is, they had to leave their home. Does that mean they opposed Tony. The real issue here is that people need to think for themselves. People all over the country are leaving their homes due to the poor economy. If people left their homes in Elk Grove it has no bearing on the issues at RLC. It is silly and possible manipulation to condition people to believe a certain way.

People - use good judgement and look at the facts.

Date: March 29, 2010 06:57AM

TimeToSpeak
Your right We need to think for yourself and test everything.

I know for me I started attending a RLc making a strong connection with an assistant pastor and because of our built trust somewhere I let down my guard with the senior pastor. I gave the senior pastor my trust without ever qualifying his theology, and blindly because of my relationship I had built with the assistant Pastor. Then suddenly the assistant pastor leaves and never discusses his own personal reasons for leaving or talking about his concerns he has with the Senior Pastor. I stick it out for another 5+ years and realize that Tony is a theological Wacko! I'm disappointed that the assistant pastor who left has such fear of Tony that he remains silent to this day. With such fear that he has not ever renounced Tony's teachings or publicly denounced Tony's theology.

11% of the new testament details some of the preaching that Jesus Christ did after being baptized by John the baptist. He went out preaching a message of Repentance and to Believe. Ever teaching and every parable dovetails into this theme.
With 35% of the New testament addressing the last week of Jesus the Crucifixion and Resurrection and His Ascending into Heaven.
with 39% dealing with the subject of false teachers, false prophets and false doctrines. that Many will say Lord, Lord.........

We need not let down our guard!

You people still at Radiant Life or Turning Point Start reading your Bible without your church filter or accepting someones spin.

Posted by: cnnathepoet ()
Date: March 30, 2010 11:42PM

You are right. We need to test everything. The Bereans even tested Paul as he preached. The Don't Talk or Can't Talk rule is a strong one.
http://pureprovender.blogspot.com/2009/04/helpful-sources-on-spiritual-abuse.html

Years after leaving my spritually abusive church, I still find it hard to talk to current members. There is no rational reason why not, but the fear that develops from being in a dangerous spiritual group lingers, and the authoritarianism reaches even into the soul years afterward. Best to avoid getting into these dark placesin the first place if you can by, as you said, testing first.

Date: March 31, 2010 12:14AM

Financial budgets and all spending records must be available to any member of a church. There are no excuses. The tithe and any offering should have accurate documentaion and tracking. There are no excuses. Financial responsibility includes being a good steward of God's resources and the money that you offer to God, not to man, or a man. Keep every elder responsible. Financial transparency is required, there are no excuses. The Government has access to it so why don't you. Every dime should be accounted for, there are no excuses. Rules established by the IRS are required to be kept as intended, there are no excuses. We are expected to follow the law of the land. There are no excuses, if you break that law a get caught then you pay big fines and/or go to jail. Currently RLC is paying for th legal defense because of alledged inappropriate behavior. Is this good use of your hard earned dollars that you tithed for Godly purposes.

Folks - when you attend a church be sure to ask for financial records to always be available. There are no excuses. Ask for records of special contributions, or you might just be buying toys for someone besides children.

Date: March 31, 2010 01:03PM

cnnathepoet
You are right. We need to test everything. The Bereans even tested Paul as he preached. The Don't Talk or Can't Talk rule is a strong one.
http://pureprovender.blogspot.com/2009/04/helpful-sources-on-spiritual-abuse.html

Years after leaving my spritually abusive church, I still find it hard to talk to current members. There is no rational reason why not, but the fear that develops from being in a dangerous spiritual group lingers, and the authoritarianism reaches even into the soul years afterward. Best to avoid getting into these dark placesin the first place if you can by, as you said, testing first.

Thou shall not Judge is not the 11th commandment !

These people running there little cults love to promote this commandment

Date: April 03, 2010 12:21AM

Recently I was reading some history of the JEHOVAH WITNESS CULT FOUNDER CHARLES RUSSEL

Now with Tony Cunningham inappropriately having a young lady living in his home I believe there is a correlation of these two men Russel and Cunningham.

This is defiantly something ROSE CUNNINGHAM needs to read.

These are court transcripts from a lawsuit Mrs. Russel brought against her husband CHARLES TAZE RUSSEL the founder of the Jehovah Witnesses, a group strongly associated with the Free Masons Secret Society.

Court Transcripts
Q. When did you have your first material disagreement with your husband?
A. The first serious trouble with my husband was what you stated this morning, the first indignity with this woman who was in the office and in our home.

Objected to

Charles T Russell response
Mr. Porter: We don’t mean to charge adultery.
Q. You don’t mean by that that your husband was guilty of adultery?
A. No.
Q. What was the name of the girl?
A. Rose Ball.
CT Russell accusation
Q. That is the girl you spoke of a few moments ago?
A. Yes, sir.
Q. How long had she been with you before this trouble arose?
A. She came to us in about 1884.
Q. That would be just about the time you moved on to Clifton Avenue?
A. No, we moved on to Clifton Avenue in 1883. It was about 1889 (sic) when she came, just shortly after we moved to Clifton Avenue.
Q. Did she live with you?
A. Yes, sir.
CT Russel accusation
Q. How long did she live with you?
A. She was with us for about ten or eleven years - oh, she was with us about twelve yeras.
Q. Just state what you observed about your husband’s conduct with this girl in your presence in your home.
A. Previous to this time my husband had suggested to me the idea of separation, and he said if I would agree to a separation, he would give me the house in which we were living. He said we were incompatible.
Q. When was that?
CT Russell accusation
A. That was shortly before this objection was made, about 1893. We were still living on Clifton Avenue.
Q. What brought about the proposition from your husband?
A. A number of disagreements, and one thing was this: there had been letters that my husband had written to parties to which I had to make very serious objections. One of them came to me in this way. Mr. Russell had certain letters, certain envelopes that were marked personal, "Personal" was printed on them, and he sent a number of these envelopes to persons that he wanted to correspond with him privately.

Objected to as incompetent.

CT Russell response
By the Court: I don’t think that tends to show any indignities to the person, unless she is leading up to something.

By Mr. Porter:
CT Russell accusation
Q. Just state very briefly what brought about this proposition of Mr. Russell, that you should separate, that you were incompatible.

Objected to as incompetent and irrelevant.

By the Court: That is proper if it was brought about by some indignities to the wife. As it appears now, it is not competent. You can give the history of the case and the relations of the parties. Let her commence with the first indignities she observed that he cast upon her, and what they were.

By Mr. Porter:
CT Russell accusation
Q. I want you to tell us what your husband did in company with this woman Rose, in your presence and in your home.
A. In the first place, I considered it -

Objected to.
Charles Russell response

Q. Tell us what you saw and what he said and what was done.
A. One evening I spent the evening downstairs, and our library and our bedroom were next to each other upstairs on the second flour, and I spent the evening downstairs reading, and I went upstairs about ten o’clock to my room, and I supposed that he was either in the library or had retired, and when I went up there I found that he was in neither place, and I stepped out in the hall, and I found that he was in his night robe, sitting beside Miss Ball’s bed and she was in bed. On other occasions I found him going in there and I found she called him in and said she wasn’t well and wanted him in, and I objected to this, and I said that it was highly improper, and I said "We have people about the house, and what kind of a name will be attached to this house if you do that kind of thing?" and he got angry.
Q. You state that you found him doing this at other times. How often after that?
A. I found him a number of times, I don’t remember how often.
Q. In her room?
CT Russell accusation
A. Yes, sir. And I found him in the servants girl’s room as well, and I found him locked in the servant girl’s room.
Q. Did he make any explanation why he was in the girl’s room?
A. No, he did not; he just got angry.
Q. What did you say to him about this conduct, and what did he say?
A. I said to him, "We have a great work on our hands," and I said, "in this work you and I have to walk very circumspectly before the world, and if you are going to do things like this, what will happen? Suppose you are all right, don’t you suppose people will talk about things like this?" and I said, "I am not satisfied with it," and he said he wasn’t going to be ruled by me. But I felt distressed about that.
Q. What did Rose do at the Watch Tower?
A. She attended to the correspondence.
Q. Where was her desk with reference to the desk of Mr. Russell in the Watch Tower Society?
A. It wasn’t near his; it was in the office.
Q. When would he go to the Watch Tower in the morning?
A. I don’t remember; he generally went down alone.
Q. Who would return with him?
CT Russell response
A. She came with him in the evenings, and they came home about eleven o’clock and the young men that were in the office - she was the only girl, and the young men would go home, and he wouldn’t allow her to go home with them, and she must wait and always go with him.

Objected to.

Charles T Russell accusation
Q. I want the mere fact. Did this girl Rose go home with your husband?
A. Yes, sir.
Q. And the young men came home ahead of them?
A. Yes, sir.
Q. State to the Court and jury what talk, if any, you had with this girl Rose, in regard to her relations with your husband, which you communicated to your husband.

Objected to.

By the Court: The objection is sustained unless you show what you propose to prove.

By Mr. Porter: We propose to prove by the witness upon the stand that the plaintiff after observing the conduct as stated by her, of her husband with Rose Ball, she went to the girl and secured from her statement that Mr. Russell at various times embrased and kissed her; that he called her his little wife and jelly-fish, and told that a man’s heart was so big he could love a dozen women, but a woman’s heart was so small she could only love properly one man: that after receiving this statement from Rose Ball, the plaintiff told her husband that, and he admitted that is was true.

CT Russell accusation
Objected to as incompetent and irrelevant, and especially because it gives a conversation which, if it occurred would not tend in the slightest degree to prove indignities to the person of Mrs. Russell.

Objection overruled and bill sealed for defendant.

Charles T Russell response
By the Court: We will not permit you to show what Rose Ball told her. We will permit you to show that she went to her husband and told him that Rose Ball had told her that he was keeping her and telling her she was his dear little wife, and that he said that is was true.

By Mr. Porter:
Q. You understood the ruling of the Court? You are to tell what you stated to your husband that Rose had said, and his reply to you.
A. I told him that I had learned something that was very serious, and I didn’t tell him right away. I let a day elapse, until I felt I had control of myself and would talk, and then I told him that I had something very serious to tell him about this matter, and he said: "What is it?" and I said, "Rose has told me that you have been very intimate with her, that you have been in the habbit of hugging and kissing her and having her sit on your knee and fondling each other, and she tells me you bid her under no account to tell me, but she couldn’t keep it any longer. She said if I was distressed about it she felt she would have to come and make a confession to me, and she has done that."

By the Court:
Q. What did he say?
A. He tried to make light of it first, and I said, "Husband, you can’t do that. I know the whole thing. She has told me straight, and I know it to be true." Well, he said he was very sorry: it was true, but he was sorry. He said he didn’t mean any harm. I said, "I don’t see how you could do an act like that without meaning harm."
Q. What year was that?
A. In the fall of 1894.

Charles Taze Russell accusation
By Mr. Porter:
Q. Did you state to your husband at this meeting any endearing terms?
A. yes, sir.
Q. What were they?
A. I said, "She tells me that one evening when you came home" - I asked her when did these things occur. I said to him, "She says they occurred down at the office when she stayed down there with him in the evenings after the rest had gone, and at home at any time when I wasn’t around."
Q. Now, about the endearings terms.
A. She said one evening when she came with him, just as she got inside the hall, it was late in the evening, about eleven o’clock, he put his arms around her and kissed her. This was in the vestibule before they entered the hall, and he called her his little wife, but she said,"I am not your wife," and he said, "I will call you daughter, and a daughter has nearly all the privileges of a wife."
Q. And what other terms were used?
A. Then he said, "I am like a jelly-fish. I float around here and there. I touch this one and that one, and if she responds, I take her to me, and if not, I float on to others," and she wrote that out so that I could remember it for sure when I would speak to him about it. And he confessed that he said those things.
Source = [www.pastor-russell.com]

Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: April 16, 2010 09:15AM

So Tony is grinding away, chewing the grist of a former life, and pretending that all is well. The god in Tony's mind has moved all who opposed him away, and Tony is sipping wine in his back yard as he gazes upon his pile of broken sticks (see former posts by wantingtruth) with satisfaction as he strokes his ego with the sweet taste of enjoying the misfortune of others. I am sure that he has pointed this out at any opportunity to prove that he is the one in the right, that his god is punishing his detractors, that he is the one that his god is looking after.

Except

It isn't just a few who opposed him who moved away. It was the entire church and board of elders, with the exception of Greg Huth. As he sips, the wine begins to taste bitter.

Has anyone told Tony how incredbly arrogant it is to assert that God would disrupt everyone's life for the benefit of Tony's precious ego. What a tiny, vindictive, conniving god he has. you know, the one in the mirror.

Perhaps no one has, that is why I am doing my service to the public here and doing it.

Tony,

I've heard that the church is but a shell of it's former self at about 150 members, and everyone walking around with their plastic smiles on. Having some budget troubles? Looking for your escape? You should have repented. Your act is shameful.

You should realize what has happened, The real God has smashed your little world to bits. This is for you to see in order for you to repent. Some day, if you truly repent, you will be very glad that He did this because it will be the beginning of your sanity.

It is not everyone who has moved away that has had their world upended, it is yours. Can't you see it?

Date: April 17, 2010 12:33PM

As long as the church is about one man it will fail. Followers that are paying into the church that is unrepentant will get a tax credit, thats about all. There is no denying the damage done to Gods people. At RLC there will be emotional hollering, crying and waving of the head, people laying on their faces trying to pray to look compliant while thinking of common things like painting their house. One hundred and fifty people? It would be better for the community if the church disolved.

Date: April 23, 2010 09:12AM

WOW HERE IS A VIDEO THAT ADDRESSES WHAT WE HERE ON THIS BLOG HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY

[www.youtube.com]

Your Thoughts???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.