Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Iserve one God ()
Date: October 13, 2008 12:10PM

Worship_Big
Dear Iserve one God,
My last post was out of frustration toward a bunch of men/women who are supposed to be the "Fathers" of the church, standing watch over and protecting those entrusted under their care, the Elders at RLC; who inspite of testimonies and evidence presented to them have apparently, once again, bought into the cover ups and half truths of a pastor who has a history of verbal and spiritual abuse and neglect toward anyone who either questioned his authority or failed to perform at the expected level. Their inaction or delays in action are giving this man opportunity to circle his wagons, build up his defenses/justifications and attempt to discredit those who have broken free of the cultish influence and are beginning to breathe fresh, non toxic air.

At this point the muddy waters of truth are beginning to clarify and it can be seen that the "majority" of the Elderboard either;
1. have no idea of what is really happening via lies, deception or denial
2. have their heads so far up Tony's arse they cannot move without him moving them
3. are financially/emotionally or in some other way, tied to Tony
4. some combination of the three
Whether they know it yet or not, they are running out of time and are beginning to be identified with the psychophant leader.
I want to first apologize to worhip big. My post was not at all meant to question your statement, although reading back it sounds that way, I apologize for not fully understanding your post before I quoted it, so please forgive me. My frustration is much the same as yours. I am irritated thet the elders, either cant see what is going on ( Im not sure I buy that at all) or see it but, are choosing to turn a blind eye to it, meanwhile letting innocent people believe that Tony teaches truth, and has their best interest at heart. I know from first hand experience that that is not the case. My point in saying what good what it do to have an elder account for everything Tony teaches is that I think that he could stand up in front of the church and saythat oranges are purple, and the elders would agree with him.
i will continue to pray for the church, because we are all his church, but, I believe that God is forming a mighty army from the ashes that tony has created, and if Tony is not careful he will have noone left to fight beside him. Jen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2008 12:13PM by Iserve one God.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: October 13, 2008 11:58PM

Here are some more notes from a SOMA class: 4/8/03 When you exercise your preference it will lead you away from God’s purpose. My preference and the purpose of God are mutually exclusive. Fathering – the call – breaking of genealogical strongholds – breaking the division of the generations – Brandon – raised in a home where mom was the authority in the home therefore he was rejecting authority in any woman (Rose). There is a great resistance to Apostles and Prophets in the spiritual realm due to the resistance to fathering. You must be grafted into a new lineage a new family tree; you must choose generational sin or generational blessing. Identify, repent, reject. You can’t have authority unless you’re under authority. You can’t have an inheritance unless you are a son or daughter.

It is my understanding that Tony started out denying that he ever taught spiritual parenting and blaming others for the teaching. When called on it he changed direction and said that some had in essence twisted his teaching. He used the pulpit on a Friday night worship to shift the blame and deny he has done anything wrong. Then on a the very next Sunday he played the martyr. Some interpreted what he did as a public apology.

Date: October 14, 2008 12:28AM

The following questions come from the book: Recovering from Churches That Abuse, by Ronald Enroth, Grand Rapids, Michigan, Zondervon, 1994.

1. Does a member’s personality generally become stronger, happier, more confident as a result of contact with the group?

In an abusive church, the use of guilt, fear, and intimidation to control members is likely to produce members who have a low self-image, who feel beaten down by legalism, who have been taught that asserting oneself is not spiritual.

One of the first disturbing characteristics to be reported by relatives and friends of members of these churches is a noticeable change in personality, usually in a negative direction.

2. Do members of the group seek to strengthen their family commitments?
Nearly all unhealthy churches attempt to minimize the commitments of their members to their family, especially parents.

Young people may be told that they now have a new “spiritual” family, complete with leaders who will “re-parent” them.

Church loyalty is seen as paramount, and family commitments are discouraged or viewed as impediments to spiritual advancement.

3. Does the group encourage independent thinking and the development of discernment skills?

Control-oriented leaders attempt to dictate what members think, although the process is so spiritualized that members usually do not realize what is going on.

A pastor or leader is viewed as God’s mouth piece, and in varying degrees a member’s decision making and ability to think for oneself are swallowed up by the group.

Pressure to conform and low tolerence for questioning make it difficult to be truly discerning.

4. Does the group allow for individual differences of belief and behaviour, particularly on issues of secondary importance?

A legalistic emphasis on keeping rules and a focus on the need to stay within prescribed boundaries is always present in unhealthy spiritual envionments.

Lifestyle rigidity in such groups increase a member’s guilt feelings and contributes to spiritual bondage. This rigidity is often coupled with an emphasis on beliefs that would not receive great attention in mainstream evangelicalism.

5. Does the group encourage high moral standards both among members and between members and non members?

In intense, legalistic churches and religious organizations, the official, public proclamations usually place special value on high moral standards.

In some instances, there is a double standard between those in leadershp and those in the rank and file membership.

Abusive churches tend to have incidents of sexual misconduct more often than most conventonal churches; leaders sometimes exhibit an obsessive interest in matters relating to sex.

6. Does the group’s leadership invite dialogue, advice and evaluation from outside its immediate circle?

Authoritarian pastors are usually threatened by any outside expression of diverse opinions, whether from inside or outside the group. When outside speakers are given access to the pulpit, they are carefully selected to minimize any threat to the leadership’s agenda.

Coercive pastors are fiercely independent and do not function well in a structure of accountability.

For the sake of public relations, they may boast that they are accountable to a board of some sort, when in actuality the board is composed of “yes-men” who do not question the leader’s authority.

7. Does the group allow for development in theological beliefs?

Another hallmark of an authoritarian church is its intolerance of any belief system different from its own.

They tend to measure and evaluate all forms of Christian spirituality according to their own carefully prescribed system, adopting an “us-versus-them” mentality.

8. Are group members encouraged to ask hard questions of any kind?

A cardinal rule of abusive systems is “Don’t ask questions, don’t make waves.”

A healthy pastor welcomes even tough questions. In an unhealthy church disagreement with the pastor is considered to be disloyalty and is tantamount to disobeying God.

People who repeatedly question the system are labelled “rebellious”, “unteachable”, or “disharmonious to the body of Christ”.

Persistent questioners may face sanctions of some kind such as being publicly ridiculed, shunned, shamed, humiliated, or disfellowshiped.

9. Do members appreciate truth wherever it is found even if it is outside their group?

Whether they admit it or not, abusive churches tend to view themselves as spiritually superior to other Christian groups.

This religious elitism allows little room for outside influences. There can be no compromise with external sources, who, the leadership will say, really don’t understand what is going on in the ministry anyway.

10. Is the group honest in dealing with nonmembers, especially as it tries to win them to the group?

Sometimes abusive groups illustrate a “split-level religion”. There is one level for public presentation and another for the inner circle of membership.

The former is a carefully crafted public relations effort, the latter a reality level experienced only by the “true believers”.

Recruitment tactics are usually intense, even if they are not actually deceptive or fraudulent, they can be manipulative or exploitive.

Sometimes high pressure religious groups are evasive about there ture identity: “We really don’t have a name, we’re just Christians.”

A healthy Christian group should have no qualms about revealing who it is and what its intentions are.

11. Does the group foster relationships and connections with the larger society that are more than self-serving?

First impressions are not always correct. Sustained contact with an First impressions are not always correct. Sustained contact with an unhealthy church, however, will usually reveal a pattern that is consistent with the characteristics we have identified.

Members will be requested to serve, to become involved, to sign up for a variety of activities that, upon closer inspection, appear to maintain the system and serve the needs of the leadership.

Abusive churches thrive on tactics that promote dependency.

Emphasizing obedience and submission to leaders, these churches often require a level of service that is overwhelming to members, resulting in emotional turmoil and spiritual breakdowns.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: October 14, 2008 12:45AM

This was brought to my attention by a wise man…

Tony Cunningham teaches or taught that the definition of slander is: anything a person might say that would make someone else questions that person’s character.

The real definition: legal definition: A type of defamation. Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community.

The practice of redefining terms to suit ones own interest is a cultic practice generally introduced by the leaders of off base ministries. The leader will redefine words such as slander, submission, authority, etc… in an attempt to make questioning or disagreeing with them a sin.

Such as in the case of saying… in so many words… that to call someone a false teacher is to become a false teacher yourself… that is an absurd teaching… under that delusion the apostle Paul is a false teacher…

To speak out what you know to be truthful and factual is not slander and cannot be considered a tort, so the “injured” party cannot bring a lawsuit in civil court. Therefore telling the truth of what you know is not slander and questioning ones authority is not slander.

To think for yourself is to not deny the talents G-d has given you…. You do not become Gahazi… in fact you gain the ability to weigh what is true and what is false…

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 14, 2008 03:16AM

To Michelle~

I remmeber you telling me that people would come up to you after you left and look at you like you had fallen away from God, and with the "penetrating" stares "look into" your soul and ask how you were doing...

I felt that I was in a popularity contest as well, I bought into it for a minute then I realized that I was comprimising myself and realized that no matter how much I wanted to be on the worship team to serve, walking in teachings that I knew where not from God just made me feel shame.

Anyways I am free now, but you know that!

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: October 14, 2008 03:27AM

Ring Barer

You made a great point about how cult leaders of a will often re-define the meaning of a word to suit their agenda. reading this makes me dig deep into my Bible a look for an example of Jesus or one of the prophets of God doing likewise. But i do not find such an example!

Q: did Jesus or any of the prophets ever redefine the reality of truth by manipulating the definition of words? NO! It simply does not happen in the scriptures. so why let it happen at Radiant Life?

I also find it very interesting that when attending any seminar or intense teaching by Tony & Rose Cunningham that it is Rose who will often stand up and read the definitions of a words as a way to give Tony additional credibility when he utters his deception.
I have witnessed this at there “3 strands marriage” retreats and other events held at the church.

Posted by: timeforchange ()
Date: October 14, 2008 05:24AM

Hey Guess Who, I remember that teaching. They was during the time when breaking of generational curses was heavily pushed and spiritual parenting was beginning to take form. There was additional teaching that came out of this about how to leave the old way and learn the new. Once you repented you must renounce and replace. If you did not replace then the effort became vain.

There became a very push to link with a spiritual authority so that you could then receive spiritual blessing.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 14, 2008 06:59AM

From an article titled Sara Palin and the Thomas Muthee witchunt. This was taken from a political website. I cannot or will not vouch for the credibility of the website or the article. I just thought it was interesting and if true this Thomas Muthee dude aint that great of a guy and has his own issues. Makes sense since he hangs out with Tony Cunningham. Anyway, just posting for everyones information.

Sarah Palin has been linked to a witch hunt. No, not a figurative witch hunt, the kind in which people are made to feel pressured and discriminated against. I’m talking about a real witch hunt, in which a woman is accused of witchcraft by someone seeking political power, and the woman is forced to flee her home in fear of her life.

That’s what one of Sarah Palin’s favorite preachers, Pastor Thomas Muthee, has done.

Muthee wanted to get control over the town of Kiambu, Kenya - a place just outside of Nairobi. Not content to set up a church and slowly gain the trust of the local inhabitants, Muthee decided to get publicity and gain political power through a piece of cruel theater.

Muthee chose a local woman named Mama Jane who happened to work as a fortune teller. Mama Jane had never caused much trouble before, but she was an important target for Muthee, because she was a close associate of town’s leaders. Muthee accused Mama Jane of being a sorceress - a witch who was engaging in spiritual warfare to curse to town of Kiambu.

Muthee’s proof of Mama Jane’s witchcraft? There had been three car accidents in the neighborhood of the clinic where Mama Jane worked. That, said Muthee, was sure evidence that Mamma Jane was a witch. So, Muthee got the local population in a panic, and sent three police officers into Mamma Jane’s. They fired their guns, killing one of Mama Jane’s pets.

Then, they arrested Mama Jane and threw her into jail. Muthee made his demand: “Mama Jane either gets saved and serves the Lord or she leaves town!”

When Mama Jane was finally released from jail, she fled town, fearing for her life.

This is the kind of activity that the Wasilla Assembly of God praises when it says of Muthee, “He has established and pastors hundreds of churches in Kenya.” Typical of those who use witch hunts as instruments of power, Muthee is a bully and a thug.

Muthee is also a mentor to Sarah Palin. When Palin was beginning her campaign for Governor of Alaska, she had Muthee pray over her, asking God to make her Governor. On her June 8, 2008 speech at the Wasilla Assembly of God church, Palin suggested that she believes that Muthee’s prayer is responsible for getting her into the Governor’s seat.

Now that Sarah Palin is running for Vice President of the United States, the Wasilla Assembly of God is trying to cover up for her. The church has scrubbed its web site of the sermons Muthee delivered there. Just last month, those sermons were up on the church web site. Now they’re hidden away - why? What is the Wasilla Assembly of God church trying to hide? One of those lectures was entitled How to Benefit From Authority - oh, I bet that Muthee has some real insights on that subject.

If I were one of those journalists hanging out in Wasilla, looking for a scoop, I’d go to the sermons to be given later this month by Pastor Thomas Muthee. Yes, Muthee is coming back to Wasilla. Apparently, witch hunters are very popular at the Assembly of God church.

Muthee will be giving sermons at the Wasilla Assembly of God north campus this Saturday, the main Sunday Service sermon at the church and another sermon at the Teeland Middle School on Sunday, plus three more sermons on Monday.

How much you want to be that the Wasilla Assembly of God doesn’t put those new sermons on its web site?

Why does Thomas Muthee matter? Remember that it’s Muthee who Sarah Palin credits with exerting supernatural influence in order to get her into public office. Thus, Muthee’s moral values and approach to gaining political power are an important insight into Sarah Palin’s own values and approach to political power.

Given Muthee’s atrocious witch hunts, I worry that Sarah Palin’s values are the values of the Salem witch trials.

Date: October 14, 2008 08:23AM

More on Muthee. Excerpt from an article on Sarah Palin. You can search his name and find numerous articles on his relationship with Palin and his mission to purge witchcraft. he has become very controversial because of his advocacy of violence.

"Sarah Palin also pals around with pastor Thomas Muthee, a big NAR figure who has spoken many times at Palin's church in Wasilla. He publicly blessed her campaign for governor of Alaska, exorcized her for any possible demons, and said that the Devil was working hard to keep Palin from being elected. Footage of these events can be found on YouTube, in case anybody thinks I'm making it up.

The NAR is stirring things in many foreign countries as well as the U.S. So far, however, they haven't incited the open violence in the U.S. that they've done in some places overseas. For example: in Muthee's own country, Kenya, he launched the NAR movement and claims to have established hundreds of churches. He has also campaigned against people (mostly women) that he accused of being witches or possessed by demons. In his own town of Kiambe, Muthee so inflamed the locals against one woman that she fled town to avoid being stoned to death.

Other Kenyan towns have been targeted as well. In May, Fox News (which has been curiously protective of Palin and her religion) ran an ugly story about a religious massacre. Their headline: "Mob burned to death 11 people accused of witchcraft." Fox News went on to describe a small army of 300 young men pouring through several Kenyan villages with a list of names that they'd been given, looking for their victims so they could mutilate and kill them.

Muthee has no problem taking credit for atrocities like this. In a hair-raising sermon that is posted on YouTube he said, "The more violent you become, the more committed you become."

Date: October 14, 2008 08:36AM

OK, last post on Muthee and I will leave it alone. Just info to show that I don't believe we ever got the full story on him. Maybe some of you insiders knew all of this but I had no clue.

Thomas Muthee
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Bishop Thomas Muthee is a Kenyan preacher. He holds a Master's degree in Practical Ministry and founded the Word of Faith Church in February 1989 in the town of Kiambu, Kenya (near Nairobi) before going on to found approximately 400 churches in the nearby regions of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Sudan, and Gisenyi in Rwanda. The original church is also known as the "Prayer Cave" because meetings were originally held in a grocery basement. Muthee's late wife, Margaret Muthee, was a teacher, and they had two children: Joshua and Ann.

Mama Jane
Muthee and his wife returned home to Kenya from Scotland, where he had finished his graduate studies, in 1988. They soon felt that they were "called by God to Kiambu" and after six months of prayer, research, and "spiritual mapping," they came to believe that a woman, Jane W. Njenga, was a witch, and thereby caused traffic fatalities, traffic accidents, crime, and spiritual oppression in the area. Jane W. Njenga, also known as “Mama Jane”, is pastor of the African Mission of Holy Ghost Church and an herbalist. Muthee alleged that "top government and business leaders [were] afraid to do anything without her approval," that at least one person per month would die in a car accident in front of her "divination house" (otherwise known as Emmanuel Clinic), and that she harassed his congregation. Muthee made a public demand that either Njenga convert to Christianity or leave town, declaring, “Mama Jane either gets saved and serve the Lord, or she leaves town! There is no longer room in Kiambu for both of us!" Soon after his followers began to pray that God would either save or oust Njenga, three young people died in another apparent accident in front of Emmanuel Clinic, according to Muthee's account. According to Njenga, "When Muthee came, he took a loudspeaker into the street and he told people to pray for seven days that I would die"." Angry townsfolk wanted to stone Njenge in retaliation for the traffic accidents. According to Muthee associate, Rev. Peter Wagner, when the police entered Njenga's home to intervene, they were startled by what they believed to be a demon and shot her pet python to death. Njenga was then questioned by police, after which she left town.

Since then, Muthee has frequently referred to this event as an example of successful “mapping”, which includes locating specific witches by research and prayer, and spiritual warfare, claiming crime and traffic accidents were reduced as a result of chasing Njenga out of town. The event was depicted in two videos by George Otis, Jr., in which Muthee claimed that the crime and traffic accident rate in Kiambu dropped drastically after Njenga left, and that he is responsible for much positive social change in the town. Njenga is still living in the town and states that she has not left her compound and never had a “pet python”. Jane Karande, a 46-year-old community health worker who distributes HIV-AIDS medicines and sets up centers for orphans and at-risk children in the town, attributes the reduction in traffic accidents to paving the main road through town and installing speed bumps, rather than to Bishop Muthee's arrival in town. Karande is critical of Muthee and other local pastors who she claims are enriching themselves and not assisting in AIDS work and work with orphans, , "We don't have any support from churches,except maybe the Catholics." Workgroup "Back to the Bible," headed by Pastor Rien van de Kraats of Kamperland, Netherlands, found no police reports or any other sources that backed up Muthee’s claims.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.