Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: keeping it real ()
Date: October 30, 2008 02:15PM

Never gonna pay my bill....isn't it weird how they spend all that time billing you month after month, and when they see your name on that bill they never think to actually consider finding out how you are?.....They could care less about you..but they'll take your money in a heartbeat. Heck..you can go on line and give them an "offering" on your credit card. Don't take it personal, many of us have been duped for our cash.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: October 30, 2008 09:38PM

Jess!! Bro!!! Just read your post man... Good to see you came on here and posted it REAL!!!

Much Love and Respect Bro!!!

Antonio

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: October 30, 2008 11:59PM

nevergonnapaysomabill
hey all,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah….

Yeah I was an *ss when you were there and when you left… funny how we all prostituted ourselves for a bunch of cons… one thing is for sure though Tony knows how to sell a dream!!!

For what its worth sorry dude… I was busy being committed to the vision. I did not have time to deal with those that weren’t willing to sacrifice, you know “necessary casualties”…

Its good to hear from you… and what have I learned since leaving 21/2 years ago?…

G-d is everywhere and in everything… likely in the world more than organized religion
I don’t need to get on my knees for and man to please G-d…
Never again will I subject myself the way I did at RLC ever again…
My salvation is not my concern… its G-ds… I will live and do what I see as cool and hope that it works out…

Am I wrong… not in my mind… am I dangerous for leaving and out of G-d’s will… well, I guess I am dangerous to Tony and if G-ds will is a tight rope, I aint never gonna make it anyway… am I at peace… absolutely.. Do I feel free… you have no idea…

Again for what its worth, cool tattoos… and tell Jacob, Londeesy, and Luke what up… if you speak with them…

Matt Michalak

Date: October 31, 2008 12:01AM

ConcernedChristian
I left over 5 years ago and now one person called me.
I could have been dead and no one would have known.

Isn't it the job of a pastor, to leave the 99 and go get the one?
Just a question.

Well most people hate me at RLC... so the likelyhood of getting a call is slim... even when i left i left without anyone from RLC giving a crap...

I guess that little saying of you reap what you sow is true...

Date: October 31, 2008 12:13AM

Deja Vu
Whatajoke,
I remember those times as well. Here is the truth to all of that and a real shortened version of the whole thing.

When the evangelism ministry took off in July of 2006 when Paul and I stumbled on a ministry opportunity at North Laguna Creek Park, it was an exciting opportunity. The first day we did a Break Thru show and 36 people responded to the preaching of the Gospel. Everyday for about 30 days straight, we preached in that Park and I believe we expanded to another park. Paul, Matt and I all said that, "watch, any day now "they"(Tony or Brandon) are going to call us in to put their "stamp" on this thing and are going to make it into an organized ministry. And as soon as they do it, watch what will happen. They will kill the ministry." At this point, we had about 50 people coming out. They were having so much fun. Some where for the "band waggon", while others were there for the ministry. After the 30 days, Brandon calls us in to his office and says that we need to get a grip on this thing and set a course for it. They began to talk of "strategic mapping" of parks to hit every saturday. Like we said, it became an organized ministry with all kinds of "EXPECTATIONS". What most of you don't know, is the "jockying" for position and the competition for numbers of salvation. If we were not hitting the numbers, we heard about it. If we did not hit all of our parks, Paul and I heard about it. It was all about making Brandon and Tony looking good. That is how it seemed. (Sorry Brandon if you are reading this. I am not trying to throw you under the bus, but just telling my side of the story). This evangelism ministry QUICKLY lost fervor and steam. It was no longer something WE ALL LOVED TO DO, but Paul and I began to lose focus and desire. The heavy expectation of us to perform for numbers began to transfer to those we led. I began to get depressed and hating to preach to the people because I knew it was fake. It reminded me of this scripture at the time which is why I quit preaching, " Matthew 23:15
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are."

WAJ, that is why you saw Paul the way you did. We both felt lost. They were starting to move Kevin in way before he took over. This is not Kevin's fault. I love KB. He is my bud. It is just how things happen at RLC. Anyways, this whole ordeal took place over a year time. Paul and I ran with the ministry for a little over a year. After that, I had to leave and soon after that, so did Paul. Trust me, even my friend Paul told me that I was FORFITTING the purposes and plans that God has for my life just because I was leaving the ministry. Anyhowm that is the true story of it all. I hope that helped.

-Ryan-

I can verify this from an earlier post about the evangelism and how it started… independent of Tony, Brandon and the church… the day they made it a ministry I left it and stopped going to the parks… it died that very day it was stamped by Tony and what happened afterwards was not what it looked like on the outside… it was a numbers game that the leadership stamped their names on as if they had produced it…

It was a literal attempt at steeling glory… and one year later it was given up on because those charged to work the dead grown got exhausted… but it was played off as a changing of seasons…

funny how G-d can be an easy excuse for any direction a church wants to go...

Date: October 31, 2008 12:22AM

Made a typo....

Quote:
ConcernedChristian
I left over 5 years ago and not one person called me.
I could have been dead and no one would have known.

Isn't it the job of a pastor, to leave the 99 and go get the one?
Just a question.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 31, 2008 12:24AM

This is just an observation:

I feel heartbroken for those of you who do not want to attend a church fellowship any longer. God has set up fellowship between believers for a good reason, and that is so we can continually encourage and build each other up. Do not give Radiant Life Church the upper hand. Don't let your bad experiences there dictate where you are going and what you believe. See that place for what it is and find a place that you can heal and worship God in the fellowship of believers. Do not get me wrong, I don't believe that if you don't go to church, you will go to hell. I just know that with out the encouragement of others in the faith it is hard to keep on going. Also- God has given each of us gifts to use for the advancement of the kingdom. Yes we are to use them outside of the church building walls, but I am sure that God gave us gift to use to build up our brothers and sisters in Christ, as well. It is not about going to church to be a good person, Church is about giving and receiving, God and men.

Interesting to me the emphasis on Acts 2:42 at RLC why not put more emphasis the verses after:
Acts 2:44-47
44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2008 12:27AM by Escapee07.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 31, 2008 12:36AM

Regarding the soma bill issue. Really if you owe you should pay. Having said that. I received bills for almost two years after I dropped out. I would put notes on the bills and send them back saying I dropped out as of April or whenever it was and continued to get them every month or so. some of them evern had notes on them for me to contact them. Yikes. I originally was signed up for soma part time and was heavily influenced by Ann to go full time because of the amount of money that I would be spending. She said they would do everything they could to accomodate. After a few months I discovered that it wasnt for me because I felt that it was phone and I was around a bunch of very immature kids both spiritually and practically. I felt there was alot of mind games and manipulation in the teachings. I also saw that I was a grown man with a family and job and soma was in no way structured to accomodate that situation. I had to work and help to support a household and eventually I realized that was my first ministry. When I stopped going I made it clear to Ann that I was done and why. A side note is that she never called me and she made it clear to us that it wasnt her responsibilty or job. Yikes. Caring doesnt matter. She cared enough to influence me to go full time but not enough to call or see what was going on when I stopped going. I called her to tell her. She wanted to meet and I made several calls to set it up but didnt get much cooperation. So when Jeremy took over I continued to get bills. To Jeremys defense he probably knew nothing about my situation. Like I said I would leave notes on the bills that I sent back saying I was out and I would still receive them. No one would take the time to call to see what was going on or to clarify the situation. Finally I think I sent a very stern note and might have followed up with a voice mail and they stopped coming. I paid for the time I was there and actually paid someone elses tuition for them while I was there. I do not believe in any way that the class that voted to get rid of their soma bills because they could not get jobs or just couldnt pay were right in doing that. You should pay for what you owe. That is the great hypocrosy of the faith-- Truth only matters when it pertains to someone else. Anyway that is my soma bill experience. Soma was definately a tool for Tony to further his agenda and captivate a group that would submit to his will. Soma was supposed to be the vehicle to plant the churches. Again tonys vision that was not validated by the church. there was a great previous article by TPR that discussed the hypocrosy of churches that sow a small amount into alot of churches to take credit for planting churches. That was the road that R:C was on but I believe that whole vision has to be dead now after hearing about it week after week. I know people who left the church because they felt that the church planting was their sole and only vision and that they werent willing to go anywhere or buy into it. Church planting is good but it is the result of sowing good seed in your own church and cannot become the overriding preoccupation or ones eyes will be taken off of Jesus.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 31, 2008 12:43AM

Escapee07
This is just an observation:

I feel heartbroken for those of you who do not want to attend a church fellowship any longer. God has set up fellowship between believers for a good reason, and that is so we can continually encourage and build each other up. Do not give Radiant Life Church the upper hand. Don't let your bad experiences there dictate where you are going and what you believe. See that place for what it is and find a place that you can heal and worship God in the fellowship of believers.

I agree Escapee07............. I believe that some people are transferring their Radiant Life experience onto all churches and there are some who have just bounced from bad church to bad church where people are phone as hell. That is why I wanted to give my perspective that Radiant Life is the only church that I have been to that was jacked up the way it is. For me Radiant life is an anomaly. Not the norm. This is not because other churches dont have issues it is because of the type of issues and the magnitude of the issues. Like I said before radiant life was like going to high school again with the pastor as the head cheerleader. The issues there werent over whethe ushers were going to wear ties or not. It took that experience for me to see the good in other churches again. It was like I was temporarily brainwashed while being there and forgot about the rest of the christian community out there that was doing it riteously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2008 12:46AM by whatajoke.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 31, 2008 12:49AM

whatajoke

I agree Escapee07............. I believe that some people are transferring their Radiant Life experience onto all churches and there are some who have just bounced from bad church to bad church where people are phone as hell. That is why I wanted to give my perspective that Radiant Life is the only church that I have been to that was jacked up the way it is. For me Radiant life is an anomaly. Not the norm. This is not because other churches dont have issues it is because of the type of issues and the magnitude of the issues. Like I said before radiant life was like going to high school again with the pastor as the head cheerleader. The issues there werent over whethe ushers were going to wear ties or not. It took that experience for me to see the good in other churches again. It was like I was temporarily brainwashed while being there and forgot about the rest of the christian community out there that was doing it riteously.

Exactly! I just want people to know that all churches are not on the same level as RLC. That place goes FAR BEYOND trivial doctrinal issues... There is a difference between personality conflicts and control issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2008 12:50AM by Escapee07.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.