Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: TomWilson ()
Date: October 10, 2008 07:24AM

This has been allowed to go on by the Elder's of RLC for far to long if they want to give Tony the oportunity to repent they should be using some sort of progressive discipline. At this point he shouldn't not be allowed to Preach or Teach until their investigation is complete.

Its not like only one or two situations of Gossip and Slander have been confirmed. Tony is showing no signs of remorse. I spoke to someone recently who is choosing to continue to blindly follow Tony. He explained that this last Sunday Tony not only justified the teaching about Spiritual Parenting, but he demonstrated it "Scriptually."

Tony also explained he knew much of what was going on and was chosing to wait to deal with it, and then said he could not be held responsible.

I'm sorry somone else may have already said all this, but this only confirms to me that Tony C. will not repent until he has experienced the full measure of the consequences of his actions and possibly not even then.

I have had to have that happen to me and I had to become bankrupt in literally every possible way, before I came to my senses. I nearly lost everything my family, my physical freedom, finacial health, physical health...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2008 07:26AM by TomWilson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: October 10, 2008 11:51AM

Before many of the readers make a defense on Tonys side in regards to Toms post that said, "I'm sorry someone else may have already said all this, but this only confirms to me that Tony C. will not repent until he has experienced the full measure of the consequences of his actions and possibly not even then".

Tony did not repent for his own wrong doings. I have heard from some RLCers that Tony repented on Friday night and on Sunday morning and that he seemed "remorseful". Tony only repented for "allowing people and leaders take teachings out of context and running with them" in essence. He was apologetic for allowing ministries and practices that were causing damage to run there course too long. In essence, he was blaming others as he normally does, for the damage that he started and caused. That is not repentance!! That is not being a true leader! I also heard that he went to some people that still attend RLC and repented. That can be called "damage control". How can I say that? Is that judgment? Maybe. But if there is TRUE repentance, why has he not cared enough to apologize so the ones he brutally hurt that have been away from the church?

By constantly bashing, slandering and blame shifting for wrongs that were caused at RLC and the leadership, Tony has built himself a platform of "False Reproach". At this point, if Tony ever admitted to any of these wrongs publicly, he would in essence be admitting to or opening himself up to other accusations that are against him. At this point, Tony will only admit to the accusations that he approves of or creates. He has to be in control of what accusations he repents for. I would like to stand in TOTAL AGREEMENT to Matt when he said, "
I and many others are willing to meet with Tony any day in a public forum in front of the entire congregation and talk about these things. I have nothing to hide, I do not come with false accusation only what I saw with my eyes, what I have heard with my ears and what is proven fact now… let us see what kind of chest Tony has when he is confronted publicly as the bible calls for…

I would be just as willing to stand in front of this man publicly and have him deny all the things that he has done and said to my family and friends in front of the whole body. Tony has called me RANK ARROGANT and a SCHMOOZER and like Matt, "Chestless". He also said to me in the bathroom once and repeated this to Brandon Miller on another occasion, "Ryan, you are a stud specimen of a man, but inside...you are a wimp"! TONY! I am here to say that I, like Matt, is willing to confront you publicly in front of many to talk openly about such things with the many witnesses to my story. All of the things you lied about and denied to my face this week, I am willing to challenge you on. There it is!!! I I have nothing to hide. I am only me. I cannot understand how you and so many others can so easily write me and my family off as "crazy" and as "Liers" or even "dangerous" after most of you loved us, trusted us and definitely benefited from our loyalties, hard work and countless hours of service. I am still me. I have only told the truth and will only tell the truth. IF I was lying, I would not be opening myself up publicly and even confronting Tony. Lies are spoken in secret, like Tony is doing to so many. Like Matt, if you ask me, I will only give you truth and of what has been proven and validated. If I do not have the answers, I WILL NOT TELL YOU. Ask around. I have already told people, "I DO NOT KNOW" or " THIS IS ONLY WHAT I HEARD SO GO AND VERIFY THE INFORMATION."

In the end, I want to let all of the readers know that it is far easier to hide and leave quietly and mind my own business. I have more to lose by speaking out. Why would I want to discredit my family by speaking lies? Think about it. I just want all to see the real story and to see the truth. I want people to be free before this all gets worse. I want to see BIBLICAL Accountability and Repentance take place.

Lastly, staff and leaders. Don't be threatened. You have authority to stand up and speak out and challenge Tony and some of the Elders who are masquerading as Righteous men of integrity. Be discerning. Don't be so easily be deceived by such a "smooth tongue". NOTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS.

-Ryan-

Clarification Of RLC Laguna/Scott
Posted by: RLCrecoverer ()
Date: October 10, 2008 12:49PM

I have recently left RLC. I do want to help bring some clarification. Scott is no longer affiliated with Tony. The church in Laguna is now called Open Door Community and has severed ties with RLC returning to the covering of The Church of God of Anderson Indiana.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: October 10, 2008 02:03PM

2 Corinthian 2:1-9

Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so they can not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of the darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Posted by: Worship_Big ()
Date: October 10, 2008 10:18PM

At this point, with all of the evidence and testimony that has been submitted to the Elders of RLC during their so called "investigation", at best Tony should not be meeting/teaching in a public setting without 2 Elders being present to document and report ALL that is said or taught. The fact that he is still using his influence from the pulpit to justify, spin and defend his position while discrediting the dare I say "hundreds" of individuals and family's he has chased or thrown away from the body because he didn't approve of them since 1996. That's right, I said since 1996. There is a pattern of behavior and a timeline of events that if documented would bring all of this darkness into the light. Am I trying to blame Tony for all of the crap that has gone on, no, I don't think that Tony is to blame for everything... I think that the Elders and Leadership all need to take a loooooooong hard look in the mirror and see just how many hurts they have caused and/or allowed to take place and repent as well. But in the spiritual realm as the "Pastor", "Shepherd" of the EGCC/RLC flock, Tony will be held accountable for his own actions or inactions just as I will be called into account for mine.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 11, 2008 11:13AM

"Deuteronomy 6:4-9 – Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

Proverbs 22:6 – Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Ephesians 6:4 – Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

These and other verses teach that God designed parents to be their kids’ primary spiritual caregivers. The Bible calls the church to play a vital supporting role encouraging and equipping parents to fulfill their responsibility. God desires that parents and churches work together to carry out the parts He gave them. Discipling children hinges on this partnership – with the family acting as the center of your kids’ moral and spiritual development."

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: October 11, 2008 12:28PM

The following checklist of cultic tendencies by Charles Lesser was published in the October, 1991 Spiritual Counterfeits Project Newsletter. They are typical of a number of aberrational cultic groups and churches on the scene today.

Is your pastor fully accountable to a board of elders, presbyters, etc?
Is loyalty to Jesus and to one's own calling placed before loyalty to pastor and church?
Does your pastor encourage questions and suggestions? Is he approachable?
Does your pastor give equal attention to all kinds of people in his congregation?
Does your pastor readily admit his errors?
Does your pastor avoid boasting or hinting at a "special anointing"?
Is your pastor truly humble?
Are the sermons based on clear Biblical truths, not on "original revelations" or ax-grinding?
Does your church interact with other churches?
Does your church staff avoid secrecy?
Is power shared in your church (rather than preempted by a hierarchy)?
Does your church see itself as just one organ of the Body of Christ, and not the main one?
Is your church truly friendly?
Does your church emphasize ministry to people rather than church programs?
Are especially needy people cared for lovingly in your church?
Are church members encouraged and loved even when they leave?
Are relationships with former members encouraged or allowed?
Do the pastor and congregation avoid attacking and using as object lessons, former members or those who disagree?
Are families encouraged to stay together and spend time together?
Does your family worship Sunday service include children, at least for part of the service?
Are you encouraged in your own calling?
Are pleas for money rare and unemotional?
Are your children happy to attend church?
Are you happy to bring unsaved friends to your church?
Is there a diversity of classes, races, dress styles, ages, and occupations in your church?
Are people encouraged to hear from God for themselves?
Is there a single behavior standard for all people in the church?
Are all types of people considered welcome at your church?
Is the joy of the Lord present in your church?
Are you free from fear in your church?
Do you think more about God and Jesus than you do about your pastor and church?
Does your pastor include himself in any calls for repentance and forgiveness?
Are you clear that the pastors and elders never exaggerate or lie to make themselves look good?
Is your group encouraging of each other and free from gossip and rumoring?
Is there a humility of doctrine that points to the grace of God and His mercy for sinners?
Are you encouraged to serve in ministries or missions outside the local body?
Is there ever any pressure put upon members to give or lend money to leaders for their personal or business use (exclusive of church business or projects)?

Posted by: Iserve one God ()
Date: October 12, 2008 08:21AM

Worship_Big
At this point, with all of the evidence and testimony that has been submitted to the Elders of RLC during their so called "investigation", at best Tony should not be meeting/teaching in a public setting without 2 Elders being present to document and report ALL that is said or taught. The fact that he is still using his influence from the pulpit to justify, spin and defend his position while discrediting the dare I say "hundreds" of individuals and family's he has chased or thrown away from the body because he didn't approve of them since 1996. That's right, I said since 1996. There is a pattern of behavior and a timeline of events that if documented would bring all of this darkness into the light. Am I trying to blame Tony for all of the crap that has gone on, no, I don't think that Tony is to blame for everything... I think that the Elders and Leadership all need to take a loooooooong hard look in the mirror and see just how many hurts they have caused and/or allowed to take place and repent as well. But in the spiritual realm as the "Pastor", "Shepherd" of the EGCC/RLC flock, Tony will be held accountable for his own actions or inactions just as I will be called into account for mine.
Just a thought,I dont know if I am understanding this correctly, But, are you saying that through all of this drama, the only conclusion that was made, is that Tony cannot teach without two elders present. What good does that do? arent the elders the ones who decided that the charges against Tony were unfounded? My husband has mentioned on more than one occasion, that when he cleaned carpets for Ryan, he met a woman who when she was told that we went to RLC, that she broke into tears, and related a story of how her family had been finacially raped by Tony, and when she confronted her very good friends about it(who were also elders at the time) she was told that "Tony would never do anything like that". Needless to say they left the church immediatley, and never saw a dime of what they were owed. This situation occured even before 1996, because that is when we started going to church there, and this family had left a few years before. So, I think that the elders have known about Tonys corruption for an awfully long time, and have chosen not to do anything about it. I would hope that after so many lives have been destroyed that the elders would stand up to Tony, and not be afraid of him, or what their lives might be like without him. But, good thing that my hope is not in man.

Posted by: Guess Who ()
Date: October 12, 2008 11:42AM

Here is some notes I came across the other day that I thought some might find interesting : 3/18/03 Thomas Muthee taught; God will never put you in authority until you can come under authority. Your right to exercise authority depends on how much you are under authority. The biggest curse of the church today is an independent spirit. The day you find yourself not under authority is the day you have forsaken your right to exercise authority. The day you exercise authority not under authority, independent authority will lead to witchcraft. Rebellion is like witchcraft. This is also the day you are uncovered to all your enemies. DON’T – If you do not have anyone in your life the tells you DON’T then you are not under authority.

Tony answers to no one. He removed himself from under the Church of God Anderson. While I understand that the board of Elders are striving to investigate and hold him accountable, they have had little success so far.

This is my first post. I have been watching and reading all that has been said here. Thank you to all of you who recognize the need to tell your stories. When things are brought into the light we can all start to see them as they are.

Posted by: txB2God ()
Date: October 12, 2008 12:54PM

Hey guess what! Tony Cunningham reads this blog. Heard he was upset by what is being said here...

Tony, I know you know this scripture "You will reap what you sow...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.