Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Turning Point Church Skagit Valley-Tell Your Story
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: November 10, 2010 01:37AM

Ex-Word of Faith Testimony of Pastor John Edwards (Junker Jorge)

Special thanks go out to MKayla for transcribing this video. She did a great job

JOHN EDWARDS TESTIMONY:

Hey guys! My name is John Edwards. I’m a Rhema Graduate. I went to Rhema Bible Training Center in 96-98 and I was ordained by Kenneth Hagin and came to Alabama, started a church called The Edge then we changed the name to Hillside Church.

About January of 2008 I decided to leave the Word of Faith Movement. What I want to do is to put together a series of YouTubes; I want to help people out there who are trapped in the Word of Faith.

Word of Faith is a dangerous, cultic movement. And it’s so similar to the new age message that it’s right there beside it – and it sucks you in. Word of Faith – what attracted me to it is that I thought I could have a say in my life. I always had fear of maybe losing my kids or getting cancer or going bankrupt. I heard the Word of Faith message as it was presented by Kenneth Hagin and it gave me hope that I could have a say for my life.

And the dangerous thing about the Word of Faith is that it puts the believer in the driver’s seat and it puts God and His will and His plan for your life in the back seat. The whole Word of Faith movement is based on one passage of scripture in Mark chapter 11, verse 23, Jesus said “Whosoever shall say to until this mountain be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea and shall not doubt in his heart thou shall believe those things that he sayeth, the things shall come to pass and he shall have whatsoever he said”.

Now what they did – Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi; He spoke in Aramaic. And a real popular teaching idiom back then in that culture was a phrase “moving a mountain”. It meant to cut through red tape, it meant to do the impossible with God. And Jesus was using a hyperbole in His teaching. It was an on- purpose exaggeration. You know where Jesus said if your eye causes you to sin to pluck it out, and He talked about hating your mother or father in comparing to loving Him? He doesn’t really want you to hate your mother or dad or pull your eyeballs out, He’s just using an exaggeration to prove a point on purpose to show how powerful faith is.

When Jesus was talking to his disciples and said “If you say to the mountain move -and it will move if you believe and not doubt”. His disciples had sense enough to know He was using an exaggeration to show them an example of the power of faith. Now what the faith preachers did- namely Kenneth Hagan whom I love, I went through the school, I’m not mad at him, but he was wrong. What they did is they made a science of every little word that Jesus said as hyperbole; they made a science on it. What the Word of Faith does is that it teaches you that you can have what you say. They take that last phrase that Jesus said “he shall have whosoever he said” and made a whole religion on how to get everything you need from God. And the dangerous thing about it is that it puts fear in the believer.

Word of Faith people are the most legalistic, paranoid, superstitious, in-bondage people I have ever known in my life. And you know what? I’m part of the problem! I preached the heresy for eight years. I taught people they could have what they say, and that’s not what Jesus said. At the most what Jesus said that you will have what you say to the mountain.

But Word of Faith teachers and Word of Faith Christians actually believe that whatever comes out of your mouth is actually going to happen. For instance, if you say” oh my back’s killing me”, they believe you’re going to develop cancer of the spine or something. If you say “oh my heads killing me” they’ll think you’re gonna get a brain tumor. They believe that your words will create entities in themselves and they’re not.

Your words are powerful. I can cuss you out with my words and make you mad. I can tell jokes and make you laugh. I can build you up or I can cut you down. But I cannot create things with my words as is taught by the Word of Faith. So the new age message, this humanism message is that man is God, that we all together as man we are God. We can do anything. We have our own wisdom and our own life. The Word of Faith message is very, very similar. It tricks you into thinking you’re in control of your life. You are in control of your destiny. I know because I taught this for many years. It’s a cult. It was founded on cultic principles.

E.W. Kenyon was a Baptist preacher who was very involved in new age and new thought and metaphysics. He went to a school in Boston that was covered up with new age and new thought. If you’ve heard about the new book called The Secret, if you’ve ever watched that – it’s new age – it’s humanism- it’s garbage– it’s counterfeit Christianity. It’s a counterfeit faith. Okay? And EW Kenyon took the principles of the new age, the new thought, The Secret, metaphysics and he blended it in with the bible to make another gospel – the gospel of me, the gospel of my words.

And the Word of Faith was then picked up by Kenneth Hagin who took Kenyon’s writings and then expanded on them. And the dangerous thing about the Word of Faith is it’s all centered on the power of your words, being the prophet of your own life, you, as a human, being in control of your destiny.

It’s also a very materialistic, money-minded movement. You can go to any Word of Faith preacher or TV or any Word of Faith church and they can’t preach for 10 minutes without talking about money. They’re obsessed with money, they’re obsessed with wealth, they’re obsessed with cars and rings, and big churches and TV’s and helicopters and jets. It’s a dangerous movement, folks. There’s a lot of deception there.

The Word of Faith as it’s taught by Word of Faith preachers today, Kenneth Hagin, Michael Murdock, people taught like I did. I’m John Edwards, I know you never heard of me, but I taught it. Its not the new covenant, it’s not the New Testament. It’s a delusion, it is a lie, and it is a twist of scriptures. It’s designed to get your heart and your mind off of Jesus, off of the kingdom of God and on onto your bank account and on to your words. It produces fear, bondage and legalism. It’s counterfeit. It’s not the New Testament. The New Testament is about God loving you in your sins and sending Jesus His Son to die for you so that you can believe in Him and be borne again. To have all your sins forgiven, removed forgotten, so that you can have a personal Father – son, Father – daughter relationship with Almighty God to help you through life to give you the peace you need, to help you with your problems. And it’s about having eternal life. When you die you go to live with God the Father and Jesus in heaven forever. That is the good news; that is the gospel.

But the Word of Faith preachers have turned it around into a self help gospel of me. And what I want you to do is get you a New Testament, go to a Christian book store and buy the New Testament on CD and just listen to it. Just listen to the word of God. It’s a new covenant. It’s not a covenant of prosperity, health and wealth. It’s a covenant of dying to yourself to love others, to serve others. It’s a gospel of spreading God’s love to everyone. When you put others first, you love your neighbor as yourself. You put God first, you put Jesus first. You do have a God that will meet your needs. You do have a God that will heal your body, but Him meeting your needs and Him healing your body- that’s just a small part of the big truth of your redemption.

The Word of Faith is like putting a frog in a pot of water and turning the heat up, just start boiling the water, and he’s swimming around, and kicking around and he doesn’t know anything’s wrong! And before you know it –he’s cooked! That’s what happened to me! I started out wanting wanted to get The Faith. Why? So I could love God more? No. So I could be in control of my life. Look. I learned. I don’t want to be in control of my life, I want Jesus in charge of my life.

So, please come back and have a look at some more of these later.

God bless you.

I’m John Edwards

Bye-bye

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 13, 2010 03:00AM

Recent Sermon title 78102410 Beauiful feet "The only thing that matters" wk4 around the 31min mark.

Dave Luster has a temper tantrum about a negative email from a pastor about his drink for drink invent. Whats a matter Dave the truth hurts and you can not handle churches that disagree with you. Get drunk for Jesus and maybe you can get a DWI on the way home. Dave your anger problem does not show the love of the Lord that you preach on. Maybe the problem is you still have the Spirit of Pride that your Spiritual father false Apostle Mike left you with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 03:10AM by buddy.

Date: January 26, 2011 04:49PM

Dave Luster says he is sorry about the drink for drink event during his vision cast sermon. He said the only thing he is sorry about is that he rush into it . And Dave said some people had a hard time with it. Dave blames his decision on having the Drink to drink event on his quest to get rid of the religious spirit that he has had problems with. Dave says he has been swinging the hammer at the religious spirit for the last eight months. Maybe Dave was just trying to be on the cutting edge like his spiritual father false Apostle Mike. I believe Dave said if you won't forgive him for being sorry then you will go to hell. Dave was so worried about the religious spirit that he forgot to swing the hammer at the Jezebel spirit that Dave invited in.. Dave thinks its ok to have false word faith movement people preach at his church . And Dave thinks it ok to visit Casey Treats word- faith movement church.Dave said that he does not want his church to say bad things about other believers and churches. Dave would it be better to show a little love to people with a religious spirit instead of attacking them with your hammer.

Date: July 12, 2011 11:44AM

Turning Point Church (World Outreach Center) Skagit Valley
A church where anyone can belong.
No Guilt, No Shame, No Judgment.

Turning Point Church began in January 2009 as a group of believers began to gather in worship with a desire to see God do something great in the valley. It has been quite a journey as many lives have been changed and people have found their purpose in Christ. One of the greatest marks of Turning Point has been it’s desire to maintain an open door to those who have yet to experience Christ. We don’t beat people over the head with the bible or create long lists of do’s and dont’s. We believe that Jesus has already done everything that needs to be done and all that remains is for us to entrust ourselves to Him.

While we have been called to impact the Skagit Valley, we believe that it is more than just proclaiming the gospel of Jesus. It is in loving our community and the world. Turning Point is very active in meeting the needs of those in the valley and across the globe.

Is Turning Point Church part of an association?
Regarding association, Turning Point Church Skagit Valley is an independent body whose leadership has personal relationships with leadership of other Turning Point Churches but is NOT involved in a formal or informal association of churches.
Pastor David is in connection with several area pastors, distant pastors and close friends who constantly hold him in a position of accountability. In addition, Pastor David is currently a part of the Nelson Searcy Coaching Network.
The Elders Statement: Turning Point Church Skagit Valley has determined that we are not involved nor have we ever been involved in the decision making of Turning Point Church World Outreach Center.

Date: July 12, 2011 11:33PM

The Elders Statement: Turning Point Church Skagit Valley has determined that we are not involved nor have we ever been involved in the decision making of Turning Point Church World Outreach Center.

It was reported on the forum that Cyndi Villamore hand picked the leaders for the Skagit Valley plant church! Mike and Cyndi Villamore where in charge of Apostle oversight and counsel of your church Dave Luster! You still have the DNA of your spiritual father false Aposte Mike Villamore.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: July 13, 2011 12:58AM

GOOD POST BUDDY
buddy
Turning Point Church (World Outreach Center) Skagit Valley
A church where anyone can belong.
No Guilt, No Shame, No Judgment. Sounds a lot like Brian McLaren, Rob Bell and the author of "The Shack" these people promote the heretical teaching of "UNIVERSALISM" the theological doctrine that all people will eventually be saved? Where is that in the bible? it's NOT

Turning Point Church began in January 2009 as a group of believers began to gather in worship with a desire to see God do something great in the valley. It has been quite a journey as many lives have been changed and people have found their purpose (please not another cheep Rick Warren quote) in Christ. One of the greatest marks of Turning Point has been it’s desire to maintain an open door to those who have yet to experience Christ. (OK, so by that statement, it would be fair to say you people are doing church for the Seekers vs. Real Born Again Believers? Sounds like you have the cart before the horse)
We don’t beat people over the head with the bible or create long lists of do’s and dont’s. Umm yes, Catholicism, Buddhism, Mormonism, the Jehova Witnesses, the Islamic-Muslims, and Word Faith, Prosperity Heretics like TCP have long lists of Do's and Don'ts!
What you people are missing (TPC & RLc) is the orthodox biblical Gospel of Jesus Christ!!!
Where in the New Testament does the bible make a list of do's and don'ts? NOT THERE!!!
Maybe you pastors at TPC should start reading your bible in context and not jumping around with your motivational topics that twist verses and mangle the context and meaning of God'd holy word!

We believe that Jesus has already done everything that needs to be done and all that remains is for us to entrust ourselves to Him. So How does pastor Dave present that message???
A very watered down and incomplete messaged of Jesus!! Again coming from the theological point of "UNIVERSALISM" then it makes since why a guy like Dave would say such irresponsible things!

While we have been called to impact the Skagit Valley, we believe that it is more than just proclaiming the gospel of Jesus.
Just how are you people doing that???
WHAT GOSPEL ARE YOU PREACHING?
YOU PEOPLE GIVE LIP SERVICE TO THE LIFE OF JESUS, HIS TEACHINGS AND THE APOSTLES. YOU GIVE LIP SERVICE TO THE CROSS.

It is in loving our community and the world. THAT SOUNDS LIKE A DO, DO, DO LIST!
Turning Point is very active in meeting the needs of those in the valley and across the globe. SO according to DAVE & TPC, it by works you are saved? Do you see how sneaky these false teachers can be? they say they are not about a list of do's and Don'ts, but the next thing they have their congregatio doing a bunch of Do's and Don't and works to keep up with the Jones's

Is Turning Point Church part of an association? NO
Regarding association, Turning Point Church Skagit Valley is an independent body whose leadership has personal relationships with leadership of other Turning Point Churches but is NOT involved in a formal or informal association of churches. AN INDEPENDENT FREE SPIRIT kind of like the HIPPIES of the 60's?
Pastor David is in connection with several area pastors, NAME THEM, yes many people would really like to see who Dave is connected with Theologically and in partnership. distant pastors and close friends who constantly hold him in a position of accountability. In addition, Pastor David is currently a part of the Nelson Searcy Coaching Network.
From the Nelson Searcy Coaching Network Website
You (and your entire Assimilation team if possible) can join me for this training without ever leaving your office or home! You just need a computer with internet access to participate. No phone call required!

You’ll learn:

Principles to help you create an inviting environment for first-time guests
How to ”wow” first-time guests into wanting to come back
The Journey Church’s ”Assimilation System,” used to follow up with the 30+ first-time guests who attend the service each week
How to turn first-time guests into second-time guests
How to turn second-time guests into regular attenders and then fully-engaged members
How to drastically increase the number of guests who give you their contact information
How to use a Connection Card (Including what to put on it – and what not to put on it)
How to get people to turn in a Connection Card
Plus much more!
Click Here to Sign Up Now
Basically learn how to turn your church into a Dog and Pony Circus

I would like to see the TP church's statement of faith.

Date: September 06, 2011 09:17AM

"Another one of false Apostle Mikes spiritual sons leaves the State of Washington!"

Letter to Turning Point Church from David and Mellanie
.by David Luster on Sunday, September 4, 2011 at 12:44pm.Exactly 3 years ago, a few families answered the call to start a church in the Skagit Valley and began meeting together to pray and believe for God to do something great in our midst. At the end of January 2009, we held our first public service. Over the last 2 ½ years, we have watched as God has grown this ministry to be one of the fastest growing and most impactful churches in the Valley. Over this summer, we have baptized a record breaking number of new believers and God has brought so many new families in to experience what he is doing here. As I think back to the first few months of the life of our church, I still remember a conversation I had with a principal of one of the Christian schools in town. I was shocked to hear him complaining about the churches in the area… while I was trying to figure out how to cut our lunch appointment short to avoid the lighting strike, he made a comment about a church in town called “Everyone’s church” and stated, “I just don’t think that churches should be open to just anyone.” I was appalled. How could somebody believe that there were just some people that should not step into church? That day sparked something in me. What if we could partner with God to build a church where people could truly come as they are, experience the love of the local church and be introduced to Jesus in the midst of their issues? Look around… I think we are on the right track!

Another area that really bothered me as we began this church was how in western culture, many churches rely upon the strength of the lead pastor to be the superstar. I decided that I wanted this church to be different. I wanted to be a part of a church where every member mattered… a church where everyone was significant and that the future of the church relied upon the church as a whole and not its individual parts. As I look over the systems and strategies that have been implemented at Turning Point Church over the last year, I think that this too is being accomplished.

As a church, we now have an opportunity to see just how well we have done at building a church that is not dependant on one or two individuals but rather, rests with THE ECCLESIA, The gathering of the believers, THE CHURCH.

3 ½ years ago, the voice of God called my family to begin preparations to move to the Skagit Valley… and over the last several years, we truly believed that this was a lifelong call. We must look and realize though that from the beginning of time, God has interrupted human plans, calling men and women beyond the comfortable and into his surprising and often costly will yet even in the most intrusive examples – the big fish spitting Jonah onto the shores of ninevah, for instance, or the soon to be apostle Paul being blinded on the road to Damascus – the Lord allows man the freedom to say “Yes” or “No” to Him at any time. We have been faced with a costly call the Jesus to leave all we have grown to love, Our Family, Our Friends, and this church to respond to His call once again. We feel that we must say “Yes” to His call.

Let me explain: In the last year, we have implemented many strategies from an organization called Church Leader Insights with Nelson Searcy… an organization that specializes in systems and strategies for churches like ours that empowers them to see God do great things in their churches. This last weekend, I was asked to join their team and begin making a difference in hundreds of churches all across the nation. We believe will all our heart that this is the call of God upon our lives for the next season of our life. To accomplish that, we will be moving our family down to Southern Florida to partner with the Journey Church under Nelson Searcy and work in conjunction with Church Leader Insights.

I realize that this is coming as a shock to many here this morning but I am confident that God has seen this all along. He is the good shepherd and has even now begun to prepare the minister that will step in and take this church to its divine destiny. The mission and vision is not changing. We are still called to create a church where people will come to know Jesus and make him known. Grace will continue to be the banner that we wave as we create a church where people can come as they are without fear of guilt, shame and judgment.

The elders have decided that during this transition, we will have Megan, Chris and Mitchell all step into new roles directing their respective areas: growth groups, assimilation, stewardship, evangelism, administration and all the other roles that I am currently filling. Sunday morning pulpits will feature great preachers from outside this church as well as a few of our own that you have grown to love… imagine what Megan can accomplish in the pulpit when her monthly sermons are 35 minutes instead of only 7!

While my heart would be for a long goodbye, we must all embrace this move and prepare for God’s next season in the life of Turning Point Church. With that stated, September 18th will be my last Sunday sermon.

Now is the time for our work to be tested by fire to see it for what it is. I am confident that as we each look with anticipation to the future, committing ourselves to the good work that God is doing, we can truly say the best is yet to come. I must say, It has been a great honor to be called your Pastor. Thank-you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2011 09:24AM by buddy.

Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: September 07, 2011 06:06AM

a few families answered the call -- not so sure it was the call of God, ONLY MIKE VILLAMOR'S CALL. Seems to me if the God of the Bible calls you to pastor -- that's where your heart would remain and you would have a pastor's heart to lead people and teach them right theology -- there is only a rogue theology at TP.
imagine what Megan can accomplish in the pulpit when her monthly sermons are 35 minutes instead of only 7: WOMEN ARE NOT TO PREACH!! Hey David, that's in the Bible and no amount of scripture twisting or rationalizing will ever change the Word of God.
empowers them to see God do great things in their churches What? Really? Nelson Searcy empowers men to see what God is doing? WHAT??????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2011 06:11AM by WonderingNow.

Date: September 15, 2011 02:29AM

A Farewell letter to Dave Luster
Dave I will truly miss you. I am so happy for you. Thank you for all you have done for me. Now you can become the superstar that you claim you never wanted to be. Thank you for all your teachings you received from the book " Destined to Reign" by Joseph Prince. I will never have to worry about shame and guilt any more. And no Judgement, I like how you past judgement on other christians and churches that don't agree with you. You have been so successful.Look how TPCWOC turned out. Maybe you can teach other churches on how to get to the next level with your next level strategies. Thats whats it all about right. Do what every it takes to get more people. To give more and do more. Maybe you can teach churches to have a beer party for Jesus like you had at your church. Then you can teach churches how not to stand up to there pastor when they become all wacked out. You sure stood up to false Apostle Mike and company. Way to take all the credit for the way your church turned out, I am sure it helped you with your new Job interview. Way to delete messages on your facebook and have one of your elders use cultic tactics to try to silence the concerned.
As your friend from TPCWOC says on your facebook, "I know that times like this can bring accusations againsts you but remember that the enemy is your accuser!" Where have we heard that before? We heard it over and over again from your spiritual father false Apostle Mike.
I am sure you will do great out there because every one loves the feel good religion.
I have more to write but I am having a hard time holding myself together. The tears are flowing over your departure

Posted by: ZELDAMATHILDE ()
Date: September 15, 2011 02:36AM

Buddy did that church look anything like this? CHURCH?

Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.