Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Turning Point Church Skagit Valley-Tell Your Story
Date: October 25, 2009 05:10AM

Another TPc "pastor" bowing down at the Altar of Baal. They who worship at the altar of baal reap the consequences.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 13, 2009 04:58PM

Turning Point church Skagit Valley:

Are you following the same path that Radiant Life Church has walked?

Are you going down the same road as TPCWOC? Are you being deceived?

See if these Red Flags sound familiar:

[pureprovender.blogspot.com]

Date: January 10, 2010 03:53PM

The following is a questionnaire to see just how healthy your church really is. To determine how well it ranks, answer "yes" or "no" to the following questions:

•Does your church tightly control the flow of information within its ranks?

•Does the head of your church, along with the other “leaders”, use public shaming as a method to gain the compliance of followers?

•Does the head of your church and his “fellow elders” appear to be intolerant or consider it evil persecution when criticized or questioned?

•Are you discouraged to associate with former members, being warned that they are "evil" or "defiling"; a “danger to your spiritual welfare”?

•Is leaving your church to join another church that “is not approved by your elders” equal to leaving God?

•Do you fear being rebuked, shunned, or ignored for expressing a different opinion?

•At church, is there a sense of control, rather than support?

•Is there a relentless obsession of reminding the sheep of “who’s in authority”?

•Are you told not to ask questions as to why others have left? Are you told to accept the statements that “your elders” give you?

•Are books, tapes and CD’s, speakers, music, etc., carefully controlled to keep only the belief structure of your church before your mind?

•Is there is a relentless campaign to keep you around the activities of your church, expecting you to be at all the stated meetings, except if providentially hindered? And if you are absent, is your spirituality and dedication sometimes questioned?

•Is the concept ever so subtly present that, “when you please the 'pastor', God is pleased and when your 'pastor' is not pleased with you, God is not pleased with you?"

•Is there present, the breaking of even the closest family ties, to “guard” the flock?

•Is there the constant using of guilt and shame as tools of control?

•Is there present at your church the encouragement of the members to spy and report on each other, lest sin be found in the midst?

•Is there present at your church the dominant climate of fear in the group – fear of failing to keep one of the rules, and fear of being held up to public humiliation and rejection?

•At church, are the normal lines between what is private and what is public knowledge broken, and members confess the most personal, and the most minor sins, as the conscience is being surrendered to the “leadership”?

•Are many (if not all) of the results from voting at "congregational business meetings"
announced as..... "it is unanimous!"?

•Is questioning condemned as "whispering, back- biting, vicious slander, gossip, nit picking, signs of a proud rebellious spirit, being disaffected and divisive?"

•Are those who dissent publicly punished? Are their reputations murdered by veiled, or not so veiled “revelations” of “sins”; past and present, as confidentiality is broken for the benefit of the leaders?

•Is there a misplaced loyalty from Jesus and God onto the leadership, which is idolatry?

•Is there harsh preaching and full of condemnation for your failures and are you deliberately being kept wounded and off balance by the haranguing and condemnation from the pulpit?

•Is “Persevere or be damned” and “listen to YOUR elders; obey YOUR elders”; "submit to YOUR elders" preached over and over again?

•Is paranoia the “very air you breathe”? Paranoia of falling from grace; thinking for yourselves; breaking the many unspoken rules as well as the clearly spelled out expectations of the leader?

•Are you becoming paranoid – carefully watching your every word and even gesture, lest someone report your faults?

•Does a code of silence reign at your church? Is no one to divulge the business of the church, or the faults of the leadership?

● Do the spiritual leaders at your church seem to give you the impression that either covertly or overtly, they have the right to tell you how you should manage your own family; presuming that they know your own family better than you know yourself?

RESULTS

If you answered "no" to all of the above questions, your church is relatively

healthy. If you answered "yes" to a quarter or more, your church is showing

signs of being unhealthy. If you answered "yes" to half or more, your church

is very, very unhealthy. If you answered "yes" to three-quarters or more,

your church is an authoritarian cult

Date: January 17, 2010 01:48AM

A biblical look at false prophets and apostles.

As Christians, we are called to test those who bear the title of apostle or prophet (1 John 4:1). We are also called to be like the Berean believers who were commended for searching the scriptures to see if what they were being taught was true (Acts 17:11). Blindly accepting a church’s teachings or blindly submitting to a church’s leadership is not a mark of spiritual maturity. In fact, the Bible says that mature Christians exercise their ability to discern right from wrong (Heb 5:14). God gave us our minds and our reasoning capacities; He has also given us numerous warnings in the Bible about false prophets and apostles. Anyone who tries to make you feel guilty for looking into the truth should be treated as suspect.

False prophets, teachers, and apostles, have been around since the beginning of the New Testament church and will even increase in the last days (2 Peter 2:1-2, 1 Tim 4:1, 2 Timothy 3:12-17). One of the problems with false teachers is that they are deceptive by nature, making them hard to identify. The Bible says they will appear as ministers of righteousness (2 Cor 11:13-15), making them even more difficult to recognize. The apostle Peter said that they will “secretly bring in destructive heresies” (2 Peter2:1). In other words, their false doctrines will not be presented clearly up-front, because they would be immediately rejected by most new members.

Rather, false doctrines become beliefs through a slow and subtle process of indoctrination. Often, the issues your pastor preaches about are charismatically presented and regarded as being at the cutting edge of Christianity. Claims that would be otherwise considered false or uncomfortably distorted are mixed in with truth, thereby making the doctrine more convincing. This, in turn, has the effect of suppressing doubts or questions among the congregation.

People attending UGM churches (such as TPCWOC) are often not aware of these false doctrines until they are “locked in,” or fully enmeshed within the church and one-hundred percent dedicated. At this point, new converts already feel a sense of pride and exclusivity in being a part of an elite Christian group that has a special vision and purpose. This makes it very hard to question false doctrines, object to the distortion of scripture, or simply leave the church.

The way these false teachers respond to criticism is very revealing. Many of these “prophets” will claim that if you examine them or scrutinize their teachings, you are in rebellion, unbelief, or sin. Remember though, that if their doctrines are biblically sound and their practices align with Christian ethics, they would have nothing to fear upon examination—the reality is, they would encourage it. False teachers don’t tolerate those who stand on God’s word and challenge their doctrines. They will try to discredit and disparage all those whom they can not manipulate. They take advantage of the naiveté of people who have little to no church background. They will also exploit those with an earnest desire to serve God and make them into their own personal slaves. They employ pressure, guilt, and fear tactics to get submission and loyalty out of their followers. Further, their leadership will result in divisiveness and breeds an “us against them” mentality in the church whereby other churches and Christians are viewed as suspicious, second-rate, or “luked out”.

Some will say “it’s not my place to judge.” I would say that not only are you called to judge the fruits and teachings of those that would teach you, but you are also called to warn others about false prophets. Would you let a blind person walk of a cliff without giving a shout of warning?

(This material originally posted on the potterhousefreedom.org site)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 01:57AM by TurningPointReject.

Date: January 23, 2010 12:09AM

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: March 12, 2010 07:33AM

Davidjluster says, "Excited to hear TD Jakes tonight and see what Vision God will bring this week. Stoked to attend a conference".

I see your excited about all the false teaching at the Casey Treat Vision Conference.

If you live in the Skagit Valley area , stay away from Dave Lusters Church , Dave takes his orders from Mike Villamor a cult leader.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: March 12, 2010 09:51AM

I hate to sound like a broken record but I keep going back to being rooted in good biblical theology and Letting the Word of God speak!
Any one to allow TD Jakes into there Church to speak is irresponsible for perverting the Gospel and robbing God of his glory.
We can look at creation and see that it screams out that it was created. Creation leads us to ponder God and to Glorify him. Not like some people who are worshiping (the mother) earth and missing the Creator the classic you cant see the woods for the forest. Theology needs to be talked about we need to know what the bible teaches and to ponder some of the in-depth writings of great theologians who clearly had a clear and concise manor of communicating their insights. By the way what does "T.D." stand for and what is wrong with his real name? Mr. Jakes fundamentally is wrong about who God is If he does not see Jesus as God then he as created an idol or false god.
Here is a really simple "TRINITY" PDF file that enplanes the Holy Trinity what is is NOT and what it is according to the bible.

Arm yourself with the word of God and keep standing up to the wolves that have managed there way into our churches.

BraveHeart

Date: April 09, 2010 01:15PM

Dave lusters latest twit: When you speak victory you release power of God for victory. When you speak defeat, that is what you will get

Dave has been listening to false Word-faith movement positive confession teachers again, Dave thinks he can speak his reality into existence and his words release power and Dave can use his positive confession as a power source to bring victory. Dave you can speak victory until pigs fly but God is in control and if he does not want you to have victory you are not going to get it!

Date: April 11, 2010 03:15PM

False Word-Faith Movement, positive confession, name it claim it, famous (in his own mind) perspirational speaker Ken Ralston of TPCWOC will be spreading his false teachings to the Skagit Valley TurningPoint Church and this church is one of false Apostle Mikes plant churches. Dave Luster is the spiritual son of Mike Villamor and the Pastor of Mikes church in Mount Vernon, Washington.

Date: May 2, 2010
Time: From 9:00 am until 10:30 am

715 W Division
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Map link

Are you ready for the next level in your life? Maybe it is a promotion or advancement at work. Maybe it is simply finding a job that will satisfy. You might be looking for more in your daily activities. Join us for this special session with Pastor Ken Ralston for both Sunday morning services.

Ken is impacting people throughout the country with his message of “Next Level Thinking” thinking that catapults you into your future. God has called Ken to release business people, entrepreneurs, athletes and achievers that desire to accomplish more in the marketplace into the giftings and callings of God on their lives. His commitment to excellence and self-discipline will inspire you to step up to the greatness that God has placed inside of you. His vision of business people fulfilling their God-given purpose to be successful in the marketplace, and that calling to be acknowledged and validated in the church, as a vital component to the church fulfilling its’ purpose, became the heartbeat of Ken’s ministry. (smells like stinking thinking to me)(What kind of people is Kenny impacting through out the country?) (gullible people)
(This is when the positive confession comes in: Ken thinks in his mind that he is a famous speaker and in his own mind he really thinks he is.)

Ken & Valerie birthed and direct MarketPlace Ministries at TPC, and Valerie also directs Flourish Women’s Ministry at TPC

Date: April 18, 2010 01:50PM

(Dave Lusters latest twit: Destined to Reign" -Joseph Prince. Buy it and read it ASAP. Freedom for Christs church is found in this understanding. Loving it. GRACE!)(Dave Luster wants you to follow another false teacher) Joseph Prince, Pillar of Church Growth and Revenue?
Article from here -

$500,000 pay for New Creation Church employee

“THE New Creation Church, which made headlines for raising $19 million on one Sunday last month for its upcoming multi-million dollar building, pays good money to its staff too.

The independent church paid one employee between $500,001 and $550,000 in its last financial year, checks by The Straits Times showed.

The church did not confirm if the amount went to its leader, Senior Pastor Joseph Prince, but told The Straits Times that its policy is to ‘recognise and reward key contributors to the church and Senior Pastor Prince is the main pillar of our church’s growth and revenue’.

$19 million in less than 24 hours

THE congregation at New Creation Church raised a whopping $19 million for the construction of its new premises at Buona Vista – in less than 24 hours.

In a show of support, a record number of 22,000 people turned up for services at the Rock Auditorium at Suntec City Mall three weeks ago.

The donations were collected over four services on Feb 15.

In comparison, a month-long charity drive by NTUC Income, Project Love, raised about $375,000.

Following the success of its fund-raiser, the New Creation Church announced the amount it raised to its members on Feb 22. However, when contacted, the church declined to comment.

New Creation Church-goer Angelique Lee, 26, a full-time student, said her donation was a form of thanksgiving and appreciation “for all that God has blessed me with”.

‘Attending church has helped to transform my life and make me a better person over time,’ she explained.

Graduate student Huang Wei Hsuan, 26, who is not a member of the church, felt that part of the funds could be used to “help those who are really in need, instead of being fully used to construct a new building”.

‘Is it really a good idea to build a new building now? Should the church members be advised to keep more for rainy days?’ he asked. But many others who are not from the church were heartened by the congregation’s generosity.

‘I feel it’s incredible that such kindness, empathy and generosity can be shown in such bad economic times,’ said Mr Shawn Chin, 24, a civil servant.”

It’s claimed that at Joseph Prince’s church they sing Jesus Loves Me differently. Instead of singing “they are weak but He is strong”, they sing “they are BLESSED ‘cos He is strong.” The word of faith pulp prosperity gospel has no room at all for admitted weakness.

Note Joseph Prince’s roots -

“I give thank for God for my roots in the Word of Faith teachings. It is truly on the shoulders of great men of God like Brother Kenneth E. Hagin that we are able to see further into the Word of God today. Growing up, I learned a lot about faith from Brother Hagin who truly had a special revelation of faith from the Lord. I deeply honor and respect him for all that he has taught me.”

[Joseph Prince, Destined to Reign: The Secret to effortless success, wholeness and victorious living]

Effortless? I think the apostle Paul may have something to say about that! Such as 2 Corinthians 11:23 -

“Are they servants of Christ? (I am talking like I am out of my mind!) I am even more so: with much greater labors, with far more imprisonments, with more severe beatings, facing death many times. Five times I received from the Jews forty lashes less one. Three times I was beaten with a rod. Once I received a stoning. Three times I suffered shipwreck. A night and a day I spent adrift in the open sea. I have been on journeys many times, in dangers from rivers, in dangers from robbers, in dangers from my own countrymen, in dangers from Gentiles, in dangers in the city, in dangers in the wilderness, in dangers at sea, in dangers from false brothers, in hard work and toil, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, many times without food, in cold and without enough clothing.”

Effortless? Effortless?!!!

And Joseph Prince says -

“You are destined to reign in life. You are called to be a success, to enjoy wealth, to enjoy health and to enjoy a life of victory… He has called you to be the head and not the tail.”

What kind of gospel is this? Not the early church’s that’s for sure. And what did the early apostles say about those preaching another gospel?

Galatians 1:8-9 “But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed …”

“For those who hate me, I don’t take it personally because they are actually hating the gospel.” [Joseph Prince]

Err no, they are hating your gospel, not the gospel. And we don’t hate you, buddy, we just hate your foul teaching and bad behaviour – oh and the ‘Christian’ television networks that air your trash.

Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.