Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: February 17, 2011 03:21AM

nooneofanyimportence
It would be nice if Jeff Barnes , for his last month, took the time to be clear about mikes actions, and about the real findings of the evidence against Jackie. If he would leave with a clear concience and just be transparent, I realize he was taught by mike and cyndi to protect thier reputations, even at the expense of someone elses, but its time for him to quit protecting a reputation that doesnt deserve it.

AMEN AMEN!

D of D

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 17, 2011 04:27AM

Daughter of Dorcas
nooneofanyimportence
It would be nice if Jeff Barnes , for his last month, took the time to be clear about mikes actions, and about the real findings of the evidence against Jackie. If he would leave with a clear concience and just be transparent, I realize he was taught by mike and cyndi to protect thier reputations, even at the expense of someone elses, but its time for him to quit protecting a reputation that doesnt deserve it.

AMEN AMEN!

D of D

I really mean this for jeffs sake, he's not a bad guy hes like a lot of us Christians, listens to fear more then the word of God. I know mike and cyndi use to always tell us to take a leap of faith and do stuff like give to the church, buy something we cant afford and things like that, but I believe the real leap of faith is to be honest, even when It might cost us something. To be open even if our reputation is at stake. Jeff needs to be pleasing to God not to any man. for his sake.

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: February 18, 2011 12:51AM

So now that the Barnes' family is leaving TPC, that leaves only Jeff Koellmer and Ron Olin to answer for all the financial misconduct and false teachings which went on their watch as elders. I wonder if all this stepping down and leaving will influence them to do the right thing? I note they do not list the names or post the pictures of any of the elders on the churches web page anymore. I guess they don't want the curious to know who is running TPC, however, they continue to state that TPC is an "elder led church." Elder lead by a publicly unnamed and evidently secretive group. Guess they haven't learned as much as one would hope.

Saddened

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: February 19, 2011 03:48AM

TPCWOC Home Web site seems to be down or missing today! Whats going on? Maybe its my computer or it could be the next cover up hide and spin cult tactic! Maybe they our putting make-up on the Web site to make it look like a new fresh start now that all the leaders are leaving the state.

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: February 19, 2011 11:44AM

buddy
TPCWOC Home Web site seems to be down or missing today! Whats going on? Maybe its my computer or it could be the next cover up hide and spin cult tactic! Maybe they our putting make-up on the Web site to make it look like a new fresh start now that all the leaders are leaving the state.

Looks like they failed to pay to keep the domain web space.

s

Date: February 20, 2011 03:33PM

Saddened
buddy

Looks like they failed to pay to keep the domain web space.

s

New Church names for TPCWOC:

1) The Church of no return
2) The Church of the lost Apostle
3) Turning Point Church World Cultic Center
4( Turning Point Church World Decrease Center
5( Turning Point Church World Prosperity Dream Church

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 03:51PM by buddy.

Date: February 21, 2011 03:51AM

No need for TPCWOC Church name change: TPCWOC Home web site is online again! Maybe we will hear Jeff Barnes farewell sermon online later.

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: February 21, 2011 08:33AM

pauld
In the 70s I was part of several evangelical groups at a time when in New Zealand there was a rise in religious excitement and more people were becoming christians.
As a result of this I cared deeply for and was praying for about 30 of my friends and was surprised when my own elders effectively disfellowshipped me for having contact with people who were not baptized as we believe they should be.
When I left to go to university with in a year or so two groups where I had a close relationship with the leader collapsed because the leader had been having sex with the girls, with one case going to court for a man so popular and well known that a child wrote a letter to 'Uncle Sid' put it in the mail system and it was delivered. (Nelson New Zealand)
In the next phase of my life I met and interacted with Pentecostal leaders who were wantabe mega church leaders, and suffered from spiritual abuse from some of them who saw the need to control me, so that I wouldn't in any way destroy their ambition.
Is there a link between the lack of respect for a precious fellow human being, exploiting them in a physical way to get sexual gratification- born out of lust; and the same lack of respect which allows leaders to abuse those who trust them and expect protection from them in accordance with sound religion. ?
When the bible says "Witchcraft is a fruit of the flesh" can we turn that around and say that manipulation will produce as a fruit sins of the flesh which can be judged in a legal system as being unacceptable human behavior ?
And finally did I remember reading somewhere Jesus saying something about "fruit" when deciding things ?
Three questions there but I would appreciate your wisdom on this-paul

pauld:

Potentially unsafe groups seem to share the same characteristics and behavior.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

9. The group/leader is always right.

10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Date: February 23, 2011 04:55AM

To All:

I visited a new church yesterday. The Pastor was standing up front and then his wife stood next to him and started speaking about how people were healed when they touched the hem of Jesus garment and about having faith in being healed.

She then stated that the Pastor is a representative of Jesus Christ. Therefore all who were sick should come up and touch the pastor. Many from the congregation went up to touch the Pastor for healing. I did not go up and do this because it felt off to me. I am familiar with the scripture that states "Is anyone sick among you , let the elders anoint them, etc. But this did not seem to follow this scripture.

Then the Pastor stated that all that came to him that touched him would be blessed. Well since I did not go and touch him, I guess I'm not blessed.

I had a very uneasy feeling about this. It did not seem right to me. Felt a little like the Faith Movement scenario.

What do you all think of this?

Also, I am still visiting churches and have not felt a good fit yet. Can any of you tell me of some of the churches you feel are good ones that preach the pure gospel of Jesus Christ?

Date: February 23, 2011 06:23AM

jesuschristismydelight
To All:

I visited a new church yesterday. The Pastor was standing up front and then his wife stood next to him and started speaking about how people were healed when they touched the hem of Jesus garment and about having faith in being healed.

She then stated that the Pastor is a representative of Jesus Christ. Therefore all who were sick should come up and touch the pastor. Many from the congregation went up to touch the Pastor for healing. I did not go up and do this because it felt off to me. I am familiar with the scripture that states "Is anyone sick among you , let the elders anoint them, etc. But this did not seem to follow this scripture.

Then the Pastor stated that all that came to him that touched him would be blessed. Well since I did not go and touch him, I guess I'm not blessed.

I had a very uneasy feeling about this. It did not seem right to me. Felt a little like the Faith Movement scenario.

What do you all think of this?

Also, I am still visiting churches and have not felt a good fit yet. Can any of you tell me of some of the churches you feel are good ones that preach the pure gospel of Jesus Christ?[/quote

please tell us the name of this church so we can avoid it. yes one woman touched the hem of Jesus's robe.. not this pastors. Jesus did NOT heal everyone He chose who He healed for His purposes. Paul wasnt healed God grace was sufficient. this kinda activity sickens me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.