Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: M&M ()
Date: February 11, 2011 10:31PM

I wanted to respond to a post.

Tell the Truth says:

Marysville New Life has NO accountability for the leaders or the pastor. While they are nice people, the church is run based upon who is popular with the pastor making all the decisions with people he likes. There is no church body input or voting. The elders are hand picked by the pastor. They are also looking at becoming "roommates" at Judah Praise Center another hot bed of cultish behavior buying into the apostolistic movement. I'd run away form there quickly

I am delighted to say several things about Pastor Aaron of Marysville New Life.

1. I have known him for 15 years.

2. He was instrumental in my sons lives.

3. He was a key person in leading one of my daughter in laws to Christ.

4. He is ordained with the Foursquare denomination.

5. He has been in an accountability relationship with Chad Blood for over 10 years (his church Lifeway was recommended by D of D).

6. He has oversight from a pastoral district supervisor. In fact he once got a call from the supervisor because someone had a concern. It turned out to be a misunderstanding. But in fact there was immediate follow up.

7. The church must submit financial reports monthly to the denomination.

8. Most importantly if anyone has any concerns about his honor or integrity he would gladly meet you or speak with you. He is not afraid nor will he hide behind anything. Please contact me and I will give you his e-mail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: February 12, 2011 02:36AM

M&M
I wanted to respond to a post.

Tell the Truth says:

Marysville New Life has NO accountability for the leaders or the pastor. While they are nice people, the church is run based upon who is popular with the pastor making all the decisions with people he likes. There is no church body input or voting. The elders are hand picked by the pastor. They are also looking at becoming "roommates" at Judah Praise Center another hot bed of cultish behavior buying into the apostolistic movement. I'd run away form there quickly

I am delighted to say several things about Pastor Aaron of Marysville New Life.

1. I have known him for 15 years.

2. He was instrumental in my sons lives.

3. He was a key person in leading one of my daughter in laws to Christ.

4. He is ordained with the Foursquare denomination.

5. He has been in an accountability relationship with Chad Blood for over 10 years (his church Lifeway was recommended by D of D).

6. He has oversight from a pastoral district supervisor. In fact he once got a call from the supervisor because someone had a concern. It turned out to be a misunderstanding. But in fact there was immediate follow up.

7. The church must submit financial reports monthly to the denomination.

8. Most importantly if anyone has any concerns about his honor or integrity he would gladly meet you or speak with you. He is not afraid nor will he hide behind anything. Please contact me and I will give you his e-mail.

tell the truth
jesuschristismydelight
Misleadsoul:

I visited the Marysville 4-sq church on state Ave. yesterday. It was so refreshing and I could feel the Holy Spirit's presence so much I cried. I so missed this at TP. Another church I heard was great is the New Life Church in Everett. D of D mentions in a previous blog that she is going to a 4-sq church in Arlington. See her previous blog. I do hope TP can eventually be rebuilt but some things need to be addressed in a forum with the current members and members that left.

1. If Pastor Jackie was addressed of misappropriation of funds before the whole congregation than the false accusations toward here need to be addressed in front of the whole congregation.

2. All leaders that were taught the harsh misconduct of authority towards others need to be there to repent in front of the congregation . This includes all ALL staff members because many were affected by this.

3. Accounting of how the Stewardship Campaign funds were utilized should be be distributed to the congregation (current and former members) to reflect how these funds were utilized and why. If the congregation was told that funds were earmarked for land, structures and a future new building than it should have been done. If people that contributed to the Stewardship campaign want their money back due to misappriopration of funds it should be given back.

4. False doctrine was introduced to the congregation (Faith Movement and Possibility Thinking). The root of these false doctrines are occultic. This invited demonic forces into the church. Repentance should be done and the church resanctified to remove this presence.

Again, most of the above should be done in an open forum with the leaders and congregation present. If honesty and open discussions were accomplished I believe the rebuilding can start. God Bless.

Marysville New Life has NO accountability for the leaders or the pastor. While they are nice people, the church is run based upon who is popular with the pastor making all the decisions with people he likes. There is no church body input or voting. The elders are hand picked by the pastor. They are also looking at becoming "roommates" at Judah Praise Center another hot bed of cultish behavior buying into the apostolistic movement. I'd run away form there quickly.

( I wonder if Tell the Truth maybe was mixed up on what church because looking at the post from JCMdelight it looks like JCMDelight visted Victory four square on state street. I was going to stay out of the topic but when I visted Victory four square years ago I ended up becoming a catcher for people being slain in the spirit and noticed Word-Faithmovement Kennith Copeland books for sale in the lobby. Like DD said they have a really good food bank for the community. That was years ago so I do not know what there are like now. But I agree with M&M that Marysville New Life being a safe place to Worship. Welcome back M&M I miss you!

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: February 12, 2011 12:08PM

You could have said all of those factors you list M&M about Mike Villamore. Every single one of them. While the church may submit financial reports to the denomination, they have never informed their church body about the finances. Not while my family attended there. Aaron Thompson is not a wise man. He is a good person, but he has no discernment. There have been people very damaged by his leadership and have left the church. While he wants to foster a place of healing, he doesn't know how. Accountability to some guy is just like what Mike Villamore did. Mike was accountable to no one except his spiritual father, tony cunningham. If MNL became big, there is no doubt in my mind that Aaron wouldn't come under the same imposter ego. His dad is the pastor of V4S and even he became involved in the laughter movement cult. MNL wants to be a mega church like it's mother church. M&M, it sounds like your vision is a bit blurred because of your relationship to Aaron. I don't think that he is a cult leader, but I think he needs good leadership from being accountable to his elder board and a board that is elected by the body, not appointed by him. It is a well known fact that people who have gone there for no more than a few months are made leaders if Aaron likes them. If Aaron doesn't like them, they can give money and serve, but he like so many others, does not discern true spirit and goodness. It is not a balanced church. But like I said, if Aaron came under leadership and accountability to someone INSIDE the church, it might be a safe place to be. But until that happens, it isn't. IMO

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: February 12, 2011 04:33PM

tell the truth
You could have said all of those factors you list M&M about Mike Villamore. Every single one of them. While the church may submit financial reports to the denomination, they have never informed their church body about the finances. Not while my family attended there. Aaron Thompson is not a wise man. He is a good person, but he has no discernment. There have been people very damaged by his leadership and have left the church. While he wants to foster a place of healing, he doesn't know how. Accountability to some guy is just like what Mike Villamore did. Mike was accountable to no one except his spiritual father, tony cunningham. If MNL became big, there is no doubt in my mind that Aaron wouldn't come under the same imposter ego. His dad is the pastor of V4S and even he became involved in the laughter movement cult. MNL wants to be a mega church like it's mother church. M&M, it sounds like your vision is a bit blurred because of your relationship to Aaron. I don't think that he is a cult leader, but I think he needs good leadership from being accountable to his elder board and a board that is elected by the body, not appointed by him. It is a well known fact that people who have gone there for no more than a few months are made leaders if Aaron likes them. If Aaron doesn't like them, they can give money and serve, but he like so many others, does not discern true spirit and goodness. It is not a balanced church. But like I said, if Aaron came under leadership and accountability to someone INSIDE the church, it might be a safe place to be. But until that happens, it isn't. IMO

I do not know Aaron but the only thing that really bother me was that I believe he preached at TPCWOC a few months ago I think in November at the mens breakfast. But so have a few other local pastors. I am a still a little confused about what church JCMDelight visited. People do change over time so I guess the best way to find out would be talk to the guy. I am sure that there is truth to what both Tell the truth and M&M said.

Posted by: M&M ()
Date: February 12, 2011 10:48PM

Dear brother or sister tell the truth,

I don't think it would be good to get into a detail for detail argument with you. I would hope even if we don't agree on other things we could agree on this that the statement

Marysville New Life has NO accountability for the leaders or the pastor.

Is simply not true. I hope you have met with Aaron to express the concerns you have, if you have I would be happy to go with you and speak with him with you. Also, I will get his supervisor's number for you so that you can help Aaron.

I would appeal to everyone on this forum. Not that I have any power but good will. Please make speaking negatively about a pastor on this forum a last resort. I think many of us are like men or women who have come out of a painful divorce and when we see a person act anything like our former spouse we can immediately say: "You are just like him or her!!!!"

Personally, my hands shook the first time I wrote about TP and Mike here. I had gone to him when he left the denomination, when he said he was an apostle, and then when he committed to the Word Faith theology. I had appealed to him when they had staff and family on the board of elders.

All of this rose to the level of a destructive church.

I was a pastor once, I had plenty of shortcomings, I know what it is like to be criticized both fairly and unfairly. That is why I know even good genuine pastors are human beings with the same mix of strengths and weaknesses that we all have.

It is a far distance between that and leading a destructive church.

Date: February 13, 2011 12:00AM

To All:

The church I was referring to was Victory Foursquare Church on State Ave., Marysville. Pastors Steve and Starla Thompson appear great to me. Pastor Steve preached a great sermon also when I visited two weeks ago.

If you can recommend any other churches for me to visit please let me know.

God Bless

Date: February 13, 2011 12:10AM

Regarding Marysville New Life Church: If the discussion needs to continue I would suggest starting a new thread devoted to New Life Church.

Date: February 13, 2011 12:18AM

JC is MD and Mislead,

Thank you for sharing your stories. I hope and pray that each of you find the Truth within a Body of Believers
who earnestly desire Christ. Leaving a church (a healthy church or a destructive church) is never easy.
In fact it is almost like having a family member pass away. We will pray for each of you as you continue
your journey.

TPC

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: February 13, 2011 08:07AM

M&M: I never stated the pastors name: you did. There are several pastors there, so well, sorry you're the one who named names. I hope you do find a place of healing there, but I can pretty well guarantee you, unless you are a leader there, you won't find a healthy place. If you are a leader, I hope you won't sit at the feasting table of dysfunction and gorge yourself. I know that sounds harsh, but it is what I have found true over and over. While people are in favor, the leader can do anything. I believe all man, no matter what their title, are fallible. Yes, we all are because we are sinners. Thank you for offering to go with me to see Aaron, but no thanks. If I have learned anything, closed hearts will not receive. He has no reason to listen to me. He listens like a teflon pan. Nothing sticks. I wish you well there. PS, she is not guilty.

Posted by: misleadsoul ()
Date: February 14, 2011 05:58AM

Humm... So things have gotten interresting at TPC, this will be Pastor Jeff's last month as pastor, as he mentioned in today's service, and the new elders board is to take care of all until a new pastor is found? How are they determining who's going to be "The right fit?" Is this even Biblical? It just makes me wounder, no apologies? Of course not they never will admitt to the congregation things that have transpired these past years, nor will they ever apologize and put things right. Instead everyone leaves and flees hoping that overtime it will all be forgotten? How can you make things right without repenting and admitting the wrong? It just seems weird to me. Who is counseling the new elders board? It just makes this look even more sucpisious by everyone moving out of state and all. What is everyone elses thoughts on this? I honestly thought by how the service was that possibly they would admitt and repent and tell the church the truth. I guess it was hopefull thinking. How can they do this? Do people have a conscience? Oh excuse me I guess that would mean listening to the Holy Spirit, but since certain leaders are use to minipulating the truth to personal advantage that would be a seared conscience. And how can you go from being full time pastor to working full time? Was the "call as pastor" untrue, not God ordained or are you running away from responsability?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.