Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: July 13, 2011 01:07AM

seentoomuch
TurningPointReject- I was surprised when I heard about the licensing of both Judi and Spencer so I asked around to find out what happened. It seems that Roy Anderson performed the ‘ceremony’. The license is issued by Turning Point as it remains a registered church with a 501c3 and the ability to commission, license and ordain. I’m guessing the elders felt like it was necessary since Spencer and Judi are the remaining staff. An interesting sidenote that I was told would never be repeated is the issue of having elders and staff that are married- Chris Johnston isan elder and Judi Johnston is on staff and now a pastor. This inbred practice resulted in many people being hurt because there was always too much to risk if you came against the villamor leadership. The consequences on the staff spouse or the benefit to having access made it a miserable and unprofessional set up. Is this practice being repeated?

Regarding whether they acknowledge that TPC was (and I believe remains) a cult is questionable. The whole Wes Roberts chapter was weird. In the smaller group setting with the elders and the Singers he said it was a cult but the larger leadership meeting was handled so poorly that it seemed as if nothing was resolved. I know that the elder board had posted a letter distancing them from Mike and referencing faulty teaching but those teachings have never been addressed. I would guess that if we asked any of the new elders to identify the faulty teachings and how they were addressed that they couldn’t do it. It’s so defeating because those that remain talk about how different it is there and how they have moved on but Jeff Barnes and the leadership did nothing to undo the damage of years of abuse and the egotistic self profiting preaching that permeated from Mike and Cyndi. Even now, rather than talking about the trainwreck of Turning Point, those that are there act as if nothing is wrong, has been wrong or needs to be fixed. It is so frustrating for me when I hear all of the reasons that they have chosen to stay. It is my opinion that they are incapable of talking about what was wrong with the church because if they do they have to own at least a portion of it and how they allowed it to continue. I know that I continue to mourn the role that I played in that place and wrestle with guilt, shame and anger. Healing comes slowly for me.

Breaker- What you say is true. I’m glad that you had the opportunity to get out when you did. I stayed years longer than I should have. Your impression of Cyndi running the church is accurate then and in the later years as well. In all the time I was there I never heard her admit wrong or apologize for anything. It was an absurd pedestal that she was placed on and yet she reveled in her place on it. I don’t need to go into it any further- my feelings for her are obvious. At any rate, I will pray for you and your wife and your continued healing.

So are they re-righting the bible?
How can a church like this ignore the teaching from 1 Timothy 2:11-15
A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: July 13, 2011 06:54AM

TurningPointReject
This is from White Pages....

Michael D Villamor
2105 Cedar St
La Grande, OR 97850-1712
Associated: Cynthia L Villamor
Prior:
Richmond, TX (2010)
Tulalip, WA (2010)

Take note of the address...

Notice: The information provided here is for convenience ONLY. The records located at Union County Assessor/Tax Collector's office are the one and only legal instruments for assessment purposes. Although reasonable attempts are made to maintain this information as accurate as possible, these documents are being provided as an informational convenience ONLY. Union County is not, in any way, liable for any inaccuracies, inconsistencies, errors, ommissions, or other deviations in these documents from the original copies maintained and filed at the Union County Assessor/Tax Collector's Office, La Grande, Oregon.
Date Web Site was last updated 7/11/2011

Value and tax information for tax year 2010

Ref#:1846_____Type of Property : REAL PROPERTY
MAP# TAX LOT# A NUM CODE PROPERTY CLASS/DESC ZONE
03S3806DA 9000 0 101 911 EXEMPT/CHURCH/IMP LG-R2

OWNER: CHURCH OF GOD OF LA GRANDE
CONTRACT:
ETAL(s):
MAILING ADDRESS:
2005 CEDAR ST
CITY/ST: LA GRANDE OR ,97850-1634

PROPERTY ADDRESS: 2105 CEDAR ST LA GRANDE

That is about 360 miles to close for me. Well let us all pray that the Lord intervenes in whatever schemes that Mike and Cyndi are hatching and plotting quickly and thwarts their every vile effort.

Saddened

Date: July 13, 2011 07:08AM

That is about 360 miles to close for me. Well let us all pray that the Lord intervenes in whatever schemes that Mike and Cyndi are hatching and plotting quickly and thwarts their every vile effort.

Saddened

I just hope they were decieved and lead astray, that the popularity and money, enticed them too take their eyes off the truth, that delusion clouded their thinking. I hope they werent evil and vile. just lost Lord help them open their eyes.

Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: July 13, 2011 11:38PM

As time has passed and my anger is subsiding -- I am also realizing that I played a HUGE part in this. I have a Bible. I can read. Why didn't I notice sooner things were awry? Why did I sit in that church week after week and listen to that self-centered, what's-in-it-for-me preaching. Why? Because I'm a sinner just like them, and God gave us all what we wanted. I was looking for relief from my problems and friendship -- not God, not the power of the cross. I'm still SO angry at them because I do believe I wanted Truth -- but I never got it. Finally, my eyes were opened and I saw the light, but that's only because of God, not my prideful arrogance or astute theology. I sit in judgment of the Villamors, but I swallowed their lies and only became more prideful and arrogant -- not more like Jesus. How am I any different.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: July 14, 2011 12:24AM

I believe its because we were all hoodwinked into following leadership, submitting to leadership, obeying leadership, etc. That was the focus.
Over time Mike and Tony had elevated themselves as being almost like Moses, Abraham or David, 'the Man of God', at the time. read the forward Mike wrote for Tony's book "
Tony and Mike both embraced the Old Testament and Miss-Used Old Jewish history, customs and principals to manipulate the congregations of today! Tony and mike do not embrace the New Covenant Jesus established at the cross, although they will give it some lip service, but as soon as talk about the cross they are cleverly twisting in their Old Testament spin on scripture, taking verses out of context and mangling the meaning of a passage or verse by bringing the congregation back to a Works Righteousness. How many time have you heard one of these guys "IF YOU,........THEN I"
using countless example from the Old Testament for example
"If you walk in My ways, keeping My statutes and commandments, as your father David walked, then I will prolong your days." 1 Kings 3:14
This is were there theology goes sideways, mirroring Catholic traditions if you want to make God happy you need to do, Do, DO! And there heretical beliefs that mirror life style works of Mormonism or Jehovah Witnesses.

Looking back at these guys you have to give them credit for running a good 3 ring circus.
Here is an example of Mike trying to establish Tony's credibility in his book. from the forward

“Tony’s insight into the life of David and the prophetic meaning it holds for each of us is not only unique, but necessary to the Church and to the Christian. Tony is gifted with 3 abilities that God means to use to transform the church.” Is Mike being prophetic here?
Continuing on quoting Mike,
1. Insight "Having been in close relationship with Tony for over a decade, let me assure you that this book only scratches the surface of the revelation God has given him for the church. Insight into God's truths impossible with out living a life of intimacy with Christ and diligently following the lading of the Holy Spirit. Tony had done, and continues to increase in, both." WOW sounds like a lot of Tony Worship! I wonder if Mike would still say that today?? I wonder if Cyndi and the kids all agree with these statements. What is Mike doing now, where is he now??? How is that close relationship going now Mike??
2nd Illustration. Whether through Humor, surprise or simple Why-didn’t-I-think-of-that? ‘clarity’, Tony’s ability to illustrate key points opens the door to his readers’ understanding. His illustrations make the difference between trying to identify the contents of a room through the keyhole , and opening the door and walking in. Any reader will appreciate Tony’s ability to take principle and turn it into practice through potent illustration.
3rd Challenge. You will find nothing comfortable in this book, nor, I project, in any of Tony’s books to come. There is nothing comfortable about following the leading of the Holy Spirit. Tony’s life and teachings have shunned the seduction of the world, which bids us to come and play but in reality burdens us with a heavy yoke. His personal passion and zeal for righteousness have cost him much in this life, as it should be. And yet, as Scripture promises, it has also led to great blessings. In this book, you too will be challenged to adopt a lifestyle of “whatever the cost” living, while at the same time being invited to reap the rewards of God’s pleasure in you.
Come. Sit. Listen. Be transformed. Transform your world. Isn’t that what it is all about???? ?
Umm, Mike in all of your buttering up of Mr. Tony Cunningham,………I have to ask you what about Jesus? You make NO mention of Jesus in your ‘forward’ no mention of the Gospel message. You promote the Word Faith- Prosperity Teaching.
After reading this book Tony demonstrates his disrespect for Jesus robbing Jesus of the Honor and Glory that is due to Him. Minimizing His sacrifice by teaching readers to keep God happy you need to ___________. Mike, you're making Tony out to be greater than Jesus?
and I haven’t gotten to the book yet!

Date: July 14, 2011 02:57AM

I am seriously concerned that Mike and Cyndi Villamor seem to have acquired a new church and flock to take advantage of and fleece. However, I know in my heart that God has their number! He will expose them if they again try to defraud and con more innocent believers. We were all blinded because there was just enough truth in the messages we heard to cover the lies and deceit coming from Mike's lips. There was a sizeable staff at TPC covering up for Mike and Cyndi and preventing the real truth from reaching the congregation. We can only hope there is no such circle in LeGrande. We must earnestly ask God to either remove Mike and Cyndi from leadership of any new church if their intentions are anything but being hands and feet for Jesus in LeGrande, Oregon, or help them to repent and move forward in the service of Jesus. I don't know if Mike and Cyndi can be reformed if they cannot see the need to repent, but that is for God to deal with them about. He has the power and all we can do is pray for the people in the LeGrande area.

D of D

Date: July 14, 2011 03:59AM

Daughter of Dorcas
I am seriously concerned that Mike and Cyndi Villamor seem to have acquired a new church and flock to take advantage of and fleece. However, I know in my heart that God has their number! He will expose them if they again try to defraud and con more innocent believers. We were all blinded because there was just enough truth in the messages we heard to cover the lies and deceit coming from Mike's lips. There was a sizeable staff at TPC covering up for Mike and Cyndi and preventing the real truth from reaching the congregation. We can only hope there is no such circle in LeGrande. We must earnestly ask God to either remove Mike and Cyndi from leadership of any new church if their intentions are anything but being hands and feet for Jesus in LeGrande, Oregon, or help them to repent and move forward in the service of Jesus. I don't know if Mike and Cyndi can be reformed if they cannot see the need to repent, but that is for God to deal with them about. He has the power and all we can do is pray for the people in the LeGrande area.

D of D

At this point the only thing Mike and Cyndi have acquired is the ability to live in a home owned by the church where Cyndi's father serves as senior Pastor. To my knowledge Mike and Cyndi are not serving on staff in any official position at this or any other church....

Date: July 14, 2011 01:08PM

I feel that the Lord has gifted many women to teach or pastor the flock. Pastor Jackie was a good example of this.

Date: July 15, 2011 12:21AM

TurningPointReject
Daughter of Dorcas

D of D

At this point the only thing Mike and Cyndi have acquired is the ability to live in a home owned by the church where Cyndi's father serves as senior Pastor. To my knowledge Mike and Cyndi are not serving on staff in any official position at this or any other church....

That is certainly a relief to hear! Hopefully the influence of someone other than Tony will be a benefit to them in a positive way.

D of D

Date: July 15, 2011 12:24AM

jesuschristismydelight
I feel that the Lord has gifted many women to teach or pastor the flock. Pastor Jackie was a good example of this.

Amen Amen!!!!

D of D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.