Re: R.B. Thieme Jr., Berachah Church Houston, Robert B. Thieme Jr.
Date: August 28, 2009 12:37PM

thereporter,

Well, that was an interesting read while having my morning coffee.

"Electro shock therapy like the Colonel received for his schizophrenia". Really? Hmmn.

I have long agreed with your position that the books were free ("grace policy") because it returned to him a degree of attention/adulation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thereporter ()
Date: August 29, 2009 02:06AM

Orange,

I perfectly warned about my use of metaphor.

But seriously...Listening to Theimites, the Colonel did away with the Choir because they were trying to usurp HIS POWER. And he managed to write songs as well....that as a singer at times I cannot harmonize to in more ways than one. He was a Scientist, Writer, Minister, Relationships Therapist, Composer, Man of Mystery, and The Colonel..."I'm IT" Unfortunately, though confidence is what makes a leader, arrogance is what makes isolation and demogogary. It can be so intimidating to members in the Community that their gifts become truncated. And the "schizoid" blah came racing out of my keyboard after his son made a very moving, reading a personal letter from a member of Berachah who had a great deal of Impersonal love for his wife (the lesson), putting up with her wild episodes for many years as a schizoid, then developing Alzheimer's, going into detail about the different stages of the disease and describing it as a gift.

thereporter

Date: August 29, 2009 02:22AM

Prebound,

I like that "post salvation epistomological rehabilitation." Sure...Laughter is the best medicine. Although, until I met Theimeites I never had to do anything short of miming to get them to back off, read the Bible, not contradict their own assertions or writings, and attempt one of their vocabulary words that they learned in class...Grace Orientation.

I would say it is a Church gone arwy.

thereporter

Date: August 29, 2009 06:23AM

"Brain Salad"…Taking a consensus with my friends who know that nicknames are either to insult or endearing if you know someone. If one is left lingering as to what it means it usually means an insult was the consensus. So some of my friends, before my time, thought it was a reference to the band "Brain Salad Surgery"…What can I say I have never been in a forum before so I was like “Brain Salad”? What does that mean? Anyways, not my genre of music but it just so happens that the lyrics to their songs are befitting to the discussion of Cults, the roles of people involved and perhaps even the leaders or leader themselves.

And, I used nick names in my first post to be fair. But, to be more accurate they are pseudo names as to not give away these people who were very nice just a bit extreme in the Cultish sense… The age of the people and the geography made famous by that “trade.” So my apologies Sistersoap. You seem to be very, almost too knowledgeable about a lot of details, in(s) and outs with respect to Theimeites. Don't waste your time as you have underscored on many occasions in no uncertain terms. I was reading a post you wrote in recent about how ignoring The Colonel, as giving too much attention to the bad as well as too much attention to the good, in essence, is glorifying either way? When, the whole point and frustration I felt personally as I know many in this forum do… The Glory is God’s. Also you said that a mixture of truth and mis-truths were more destructive than mis-truths and that is a very good point. Thank you.

You can call me "Brain Salad"....but it is simply because I love salads. Great food for the brain.

You might come up with some other nicknames for me after future posts.

Karne Evil 9 First Impression

Cold and misty morning, I heard a warning borne in the air
About an age of power where no one had an hour to spare,
Where the seeds have withered, silent children shivered, in the cold
Now their faces captured in the lenses of the jackals for gold.
I'll be there
I'll be there
I will be there.

Suffering in silence, they've all been betrayed.
They hurt them and they beat them, in a terrible way,
Praying for survival at the end of the day.
There is no compassion for those who stay.
I'll be there
I'll be there
I will be there.

There must be someone who can set them free:
To take their sorrow from this odyssey
To help the helpless and the refugee
To protect what's left of humanity.
Can't you see
Can't you see
Can't you see.

I'll be there
I'll be there
I will be there;
To heal their sorrow
To beg and borrow
Fight tommorow.

Step inside! Hello! We've the most amazing show
You'll enjoy it all we know
Step inside! Step Inside!

We've got thrills and shocks, supersonic fighting cocks.
Leave your hammers at the box
Come Inside! Come Inside!
Roll up! Roll up! Roll up!
See the show!

Left behind the bars, rows of Bishops' heads in jars
and a bomb inside a car
Spectacular! Spectacular!

If you follow me there's a speciality
some tears for you to see
Misery, misery,
See the show!

Next upon the bill in our House of Vaudeville
We've a stripper in a till
What a thrill! What a thrill!
And not content with that, with our hands behind our backs,
We pull Jesus from a hat,
Get into that! Get into that!
See the show!

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside!
There behind a glass is a real blade of grass
be careful as you pass.
Move along! Move along!

Come inside, the show's about to start
guaranteed to blow your head apart
Rest assured you'll get your money's worth
The greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth.
You've got to see the show, it's a dynamo.
You've got to see the show, it's rock and roll ....

Soon the Gypsy Queen in a glaze of Vaseline
Will perform on guillotine
What a scene! What a scene!
Next upon the stand will you please extend a hand
to Alexander's Ragtime Band
See the show!

Performing on a stool we've a sight to make you drool
Seven virgins and a mule
Keep it cool. Keep it cool.
We would like it to be known the exhibits that were shown
were exclusively our own,
All our own. All our own.
Come and see the show! Come and see the show! Come and see the show!
See the show!

Karn Evil 9 Third Impression

Man alone; born of stone;
Will stamp the dust of time
His hands strike the flame of his soul;
Ties a rope to a tree and hangs the Universe
Until the winds of laughter blows cold.

Fear that rattles in men's ears
And rears it's hideous head
Dread .... Death .... in the wind ....

Man of steel pray and kneel
With fever's blazing torch
Thrust in the face of the night;
Draws a blade if compassion
Kissed by countless Kings
Whose jewelled trumpet words blind his sight.

Walls that no man thought would fall
The altars of the just
Crushed .... Dust .... in the wind ....

No man yields who flies in my ship
DANGER!
Let the bridge computer speak
STRANGER!
LOAD YOUR PROGRAM. I AM YOURSELF.

No computer stands in my way
Only blood can cancel my pain
Guardians of a new clear dawn
Let the maps of war be drawn.

Rejoice! Glory is ours!
Our young men have not died in vain,
Their graves need no flowers
The tapes have recorded their names.

I am all there is
NEGATIVE! PRIMITIVE! LIMITED! I LET YOU LIVE!
But I gave you life
WHAT ELSE COULD YOU DO?
To do what was right
I'M PERFECT! ARE YOU?

In Christ,

thereporter

Posted by: sistersoap ()
Date: August 29, 2009 06:28AM

thereporter
Sistersoap,

Thank you for the sophomoric welcome, necessity of a nickname and all.

I doubt any attorney would say on the cross examination "To question someone is not an attack."

thereporter

To thereporter,
it was a jest. you are totally welcome here. Your first post was very difficult to understand and by the time I was finished reading it, I realized we may have an expatriate from the Thiemepark. who has been negatively affected like most of us here. I think that was the gist of your post.

So I won't bring the nick name up again if you would prefer.

Cheers,
Sistersoap

Date: August 29, 2009 06:36AM

Hi prebound,

Thanks for your testimony. Each time someone tells his story here re Thieme it helps us all, no matter if he is totally sold out to RBT or if he is firmly against Thieme's teachings.

And thanks for the connection to Grace Bible Church. The Berean Bible Society has some awesome information on thier web site. VERY HELPFUL to me in dealing with thieme and others.

Cheers,
Sistersoap

Date: August 29, 2009 07:25AM

That was the gist of my post. The double gist was I entered the Theimepark on behalf of others whom I cared a great deal for knowing the stuff was brainwash especially after reading Integrity of God. My backdrop gave the reason. My findings in 1 John and other scriptures I will discuss, do not discount understanding the scriptures piece by piece but also lend support to not missing the forest from the trees AND the Holy Spirit. Also, in an area-case studies way, I have been going at this with a blank slate watching people split hairs and desperately write down notes or plug into tapes, yet not be able to execute the simplest of Bible doctrine or even recite it. The hook for them is the method. In a die hard quest to impress their knowledge on the Bible or know every little piece of scripture lays arrogance and much divisiveness which is underscored in my post. Then I blasted "The Colonel's pseudoscience using self-referential analysis, his own assertions, and the fallacy of linear thinking with a pre-determined agenda.

A lot of my dialogue or impressions were written not after but while I was a "journalist" in the Theimepark. I never liked the Colonel. I never liked his writings entire, his style, his whole premise, HIM, but I got something out of his son's style which was all that I was exposed to other than reading all the Colonel's books he edited. I never liked the over-military undercurrent of the Church because they do not mix well...especially SO pronounced. As someone who has worked and supports the US military and does not like desk-jockeys or administrators who have no experience with War....much less would stay in a hotel without a mint under their pillow, making a mockery of it and mocking God at the same time.

Houston is Over-Churched. Church, Strip-Joint, Leiman Brothers (No more), and Mall....every corner. So a Siegfried and Roy Show at the Collusium (Christians used to be sacraficed to lions in such arenas) from Joe and his wife who I would pay money if they acted out Daniel in the Lion's Den...Berachah was better alternative.

The old Theimeites gave me hell though and other issues I will address in smaller amounts at a later date.

Rather than present things in a more organized fashion or continued narathon, I merely quoted my responses to Theimeites in part of the post.

And then, because of the fusion culture I live in, mixed parody with a little biographical history and the politics the Colonel was known for and espoused.

I will organize things better or break it down for you. I posted something earlier regarding not minding you calling me "Brain Salad."

Thanks for the Welcome.

thereporter

Date: August 29, 2009 07:41AM

Sistersoap,

That was the gist of my post. The double gist was I entered the Theimepark on behalf of others whom I cared a great deal for knowing the stuff was brainwash especially after reading Integrity of God. My backdrop gave the reason. My findings in 1 John and other scriptures I will discuss, do not discount understanding the scriptures piece by piece but also lend support to not missing the forest from the trees AND the Holy Spirit. Also, in an area-case studies way, I have been going at this with a blank slate watching people split hairs and desperately write down notes or plug into tapes, yet not be able to execute the simplest of Bible doctrine or even recite it. The hook for them is the method. In a die hard quest to impress their knowledge on the Bible or know every little piece of scripture lays arrogance and much divisiveness which is underscored in my post. Then I blasted "The Colonel's pseudoscience using self-referential analysis, his own assertions, and the fallacy of linear thinking with his pre-determined agenda.

A lot of my dialogue or impressions were written not after but while I was a "journalist" in the Theimepark. I never liked the Colonel. I never liked his writings entire, his style, his whole premise, HIM, but I got something out of his son's style which was all that I was exposed to other than reading all the Colonel's books he edited which did not take long because I read tons of books all the time. I never liked the over-military undercurrent of the Church because it does not mix well...especially SO pronounced. As someone who has worked and supports the US military and does not like desk-jockeys or administrators or whomever who have no experience with War or any experience in the hard realities of Soft Power Warfare ....much less would stay in a hotel without a mint under their pillow, making a mockery of War and Divine Establishment AND mocking God at the same time, the Theimeite crowd could wrap a flag around themselves, carry a cross, and put a yellow sticker on their car, but it is clearly faux Patriotism.

As this forum mostly surrounds Theime that is why I brought up the son. Who, focuses, in my limited time, year and a half, not thirty years, on love and unity and non-divisiveness as evidence in and of itself that The Colonel did more damage to make a big splash rather than navigate a ship.

Houston is Over-Churched. Church, Strip-Joint, Leiman Brothers (No more), and Mall....every corner. So a Siegfried and Roy Show at the Collusium (Christians used to be sacraficed to lions in such arenas) from Joe and his wife who I would pay money if they acted out Daniel in the Lion's Den...Berachah was better alternative.

The old Theimeites gave me hell though and other issues I will address in smaller amounts at a later date.

Rather than present things in a more organized fashion or continued narathon, I merely quoted my responses to Theimeites in part of the post.

And then, because of the fusion culture I live in, mixed parody with a little biographical history and the politics the Colonel was known for and espoused.

I will organize things better or break it down for you. I posted something earlier regarding not minding you calling me "Brain Salad."

Thanks for the Welcome.

thereporter

Date: August 29, 2009 11:40AM

Sistersoap,

Sorry, the second is the response. I am still getting used to this interface.

thereporter

Date: August 29, 2009 12:13PM

Hi thereporter,
Thanks. I just thought up BRAIN SALAD. Did not know it was part of a group or band. I will address you by the name you chose. You use of language is unique to say the least. Just write the way you normally would. If I need help understanding something, I will ask you.

Once again, thanks for your posts, and you are welcome here.

Sistersoap

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.