Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is Oprah the false prophet?
Posted by: freebie ()
Date: March 29, 2011 03:43AM

The internet has a lot of stuff about Oprah being the AntiChrist but I sometimes think she is the false prophet preaching a new religion. What does everyone think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Oprah the false prophet?
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: March 29, 2011 08:55AM

Antichrist? I don't believe in the "Antichrist" or the "12th Iman" or anything like that so I think the internet chatter is worth about as much as the dog-droppings I accidentally stepped in today.

I think Oprah is a very successful and rich opportunist who has given too much publicty to too many villians (example: James Ray, aka by some wags on this forum "Death Ray").

Posted by: kmanthie ()
Date: April 19, 2011 09:31AM

There is NO god.
There is NO god.
There is NO god.
There is NO god.

How many times do people with critical thinking abilities have to repeat that. And just so you know, I am not some idiot who has scores to settle. It's just that I have found out that the more one knows about religion(s) and the histories of them, ie, how Christianity was perverted so badly - even as soon as 100 years after it started that Jesus would roll over in his grave if he knew what these power hungry, greedy, controlling bastards did in his name - I'm talking torture, murder, genocide, the LONG, running persecution of Jews and anyone else not in lockstep with their propaganda. It is just sickening.
I could go on and on about all kinds of hypocrisies in just about every religion, but I don't have the time or space here...

Date: April 19, 2011 10:24AM

Amen to that! Oprah's a "false prophet" whose main mission in life is to make TRUE PROFITS!!!

Posted by: three ()
Date: May 11, 2011 08:26PM

oprahs is a liar about christianity . she preaches a new religion and that for her own personal gain

Posted by: ksauer ()
Date: December 08, 2011 11:14AM

Oprah is a successful talk show host, who dropped the "Geraldo, Jerry Springer" crap just in time to be considered legitimate. If you remember, she used to be just like them. Then, she started giving stuff away, and man did she become popular!!!

Posted by: stars ()
Date: June 12, 2012 10:05PM

Yes I heard about it in the book about hollywood, it was clear in your face it's called the "church of oprah" and is very popular in hollywood unforutnately.

Date: June 13, 2012 01:08AM

Oprah and anyone like her are nothing but opportunistic, money-fame-power hungry people. Usually they're very shallow and not very bright, at least not in a wide-ranging, intellectual way. They may be smart and savvy about the business they're in but they, for one, lack any insight into even understanding what a "prophet" may be or mean to them.

I've never heard from any source at all that Oprah ever proclaimed herself a "prophet", so where did this silly idea come from. Her fans? Her detractors? (have they, mendaciously, spread rumors that Oprah did claim to be a "prophet" in order to call her a "false prophet"?)

So where is this all coming from? I think it's just one a dumb rumor spread across the internet to get attention for the person spreading the rumor.

Oprah is just a talk-show host who happened to be really ambitious as well, because the success of her talk show wasn't enough for her, she had to pretend to be an actress and then a book reviewer and then magazine publisher, etc, etc. All these side projects kept coming and her fans would just keep them all afloat because of the hold she had over them. She may be charismatic and entertaining (to some people, myself not included, I've always found her to be a real ham), but she's definitely not a prophet - real or false.

Posted by: stars ()
Date: June 15, 2012 01:31AM

Posted by: knotty ()
Date: June 27, 2012 12:55AM

I got somewhat concerned about her and this Dr Oz person (not the antichrist, though) but she endorsing and promoting him and he has endorsed and promoted some dangerous products.
I remember when he promoted a colon cleanse product that alot people began using, however many people were hurt by it like ruptured colons, severe abdominal pain, colon being pooped out of the rectum( whatever the medical term for that is), hemoraging and some people died from it. Yet there was no accountability for him recomending these products as a weightloss solution.

Then you have Dr. Phil and his brain scan technology that he used to diagnose a boy with childhood onset bipolar disorder which concerns me because
1) brain scans do not diagnose bipolar disorder, that is not in the DSM. That is quack science
2) childhood onset bipolar disorder is not near as common as diagnosed...it is the "it" diagnosis for kids pushed by the drug companies like ADHD was in the 90's

Knotty

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.