Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is Oprah the false prophet?
Posted by: Children7 ()
Date: May 02, 2013 06:44AM

Oprah does have way too much power over those who buy into her stuff-I'm not sure if she really believes the things she puts out there, or is just tricking people. Maybe a bit of both.

But she certainly seems out of touch with reality. And such a hypocrite! How many pairs of shoes DOES she have???? And 8 houses.

It's not so bad if she weren't pedalling scams like "A Cource in Miracles", which is so harmful in terms of both promising that you will 'get what you want' if you just....(fill in the appropriate scam)-but is particularly nasty in that it blames victims for the awful things that happen to them.....not unlike the concept of Karma-truly awful especially when applied to groups of people in order to mistreat and marginalize them, such as is the case with the "Untouchables" in India

But she puts herself out there as though she is a great example of how to live your life, and makes a ton of money using her power and influence to further her own ego.

Her net 'worth' is 2.7 billion! No one person should have that much money, but it's not so bad when they at least are honest about it-instead of presenting themselves as a kind of messiah........

I really hate her phrase 'Live your Best Life"....I'm thinking, yeah I'm sure all those people who lost their houses and have no health insurance are really worried about 'Living their Best Life".....most people in the world are just concerned with surviving, with 'Living" at all....wouldn't be so bad if she weren't so pretentious....well, she is one that really irritates me, in case you couldn't tell :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: knotty ()
Date: May 14, 2013 07:08AM

OMG she also gets under my skin when she selects those "bargan prices" for clothes like 175 dollars for a shirt, 90 dollars for a pair of jeans, and 75 dollars for a scarf ??!!??? Has she really lost touch with her poor Mississippi roots THAT much?? I can buy all that for under 8 dollars at my local goodwill.

Becides if you wanna know what really going on in this world...talk to janitors...people seem to think they are invisible and they hear it all.

Posted by: johnanchovie ()
Date: July 07, 2013 03:02PM

The very term that you attempt to apply to this woman indicates that you are rather wrapped up in the manipulative fear mongering fundamentalist Christian set.

Life can be really nice, positive and even joyful when you scrap the religious filters through which you view the world.

Admittedly, it is not necessarily an easy thing to do, but it is worth it.

Oprah plays on the credulous, the gullible, the vulnerable and the poorly educated. She does well out of that, she is able to back track easlily as in the case of the Tom Cruise couch jumping, which she was fine on, untill his profile crashed and she did a soft ball interview with him to give him and his nasty cult a bit of support up in his Colorado 'Eagles Nest' two years later. She pulled the same gag with Armstrong.

She is smart and savvy in terms of her comprehension of her business and how to manipulate her audience, many who seem to adore and worship her.

False Prophets? All prophets, all 'enlightened and blessed leaders' are false prophets.

I recommend that you sit and watch Hitchens, Dawkins, Fry, Grayling and Bertrand Russell et al. Do that for a week or two, they are all on you tube. Then go back and watch oprah, and you will see her for the shallow emotional manipulater that she is.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.