Current Page: 2 of 31
Re: The Zeitgeist Movement (TZM)
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 20, 2011 08:36AM

Dear David:

Had you not raised a query, there would have been nothing to research. I never heard of this until you began the thread.

Funnily enough, a catastrophe theorist named Michael C Ruppert shows up in searches both in connection with Zeigeist/Venus Project

[www.google.com]

and Transition Town

[www.google.com]

and thse two articles--slightly different details

Published: Sunday, September 27, 2009
Bylined to: Ashland Daily Tidings

Venezuela asylum-seeker Michael C. Ruppert fined for sexual harassment

Ashland Daily Tidings: The state labor board has ordered author and conspiracy theorist Michael C. Ruppert, to pay more than US$125,000 to a former female employee he was accused of sexually harassing.

State Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian, ordered the former Ashland businessman to pay Lindsay Gerken $2,713 in lost wages. Avakian then tagged on $125,000 in damages for the woman's mental and emotional suffering for an award of $127,713.

"(The Bureau of Labor and Industries) will not allow employers to ignore fundamental protections for workers' rights," Avakian said. "Sexual harassment of this magnitude is a brazen violation of the law and the damages ordered here will clearly show BOLI's commitment to aggressively enforcing the law." Whether Gerken can collect the money is unknown, as Ruppert owes other creditors and has left the state.

Avakian said Gerken was fired a week after Ruppert asked her to have a sexual relationship with him and she refused. The most startling incident occurred when Ruppert came to Gerken's office door "wearing only his underwear and a smile," according to a BOLI release. Gerken could not be reached for comment. In her complaint she said Rupert fired her after she refused his sexual advances, Avakian said.

Gerken said Ruppert's continuing pattern of harassment began shortly after she was hired. Gerken's award was for workplace harassment and retaliation she suffered during her less than three months of employment at Ruppert's company, From the Wilderness, Inc.

In an interview Thursday, Ruppert did not deny he presented himself to Gerken in his underwear. But he denies sexually harassing her. He said he fired Gerken for exhibiting disruptive behavior, poor work performance and wearing inappropriate clothing, he said. "I warned her and there were witnesses," Ruppert said.

Avakian noted that at the time of the harassment and retaliation, Gerken was just beginning her professional career. Ruppert was in his mid-50s. "At the trial it was evident that one person was telling the truth, and another was not," he said. "All of (Ruppert's) businesses have failed and creditors a mile long are after him."

Ruppert said he plans to appeal but said he does not have the money necessary to pursue an appeal. The well-known conspiracy theorist has written two books: 'Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil,' and 'A Presidential Energy policy.' A movie about Ruppert's theories, 'CoLLapse,' was premiered this month at the 2009 Toronto Film Festival.

Avakian said he rendered his decision based on an 84-page legal assessment of the case given to him by an administrative law judge who heard the case.

Michael C. Ruppert pictured in Plaza Altamira (Caracas)

Ruppert said he fled to Venezuela after leaving Ashland because he feared for his life after writing a series of articles that exposed a cover-up that former NFL player Pat Tillman's death in Afghanistan was due to friendly fire,<

[www.vheadline.com]

Google cache

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

and

ruppert_optBY JOE TYRRELL
NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM
An Oregon official has upheld an administrative complaint of sexual harassment against Michael Ruppert, subject of the new documentary "Collapse."

Brad Avakian, commissioner of the state Bureau of Labor and Industries, found Ruppert committed egregious harassment of a one-time employee of his defunct investigative newsletter, Into the Wilderness, in 2006.

Avakian awarded Lindsay Gerken $2,713 in back wages, saying Ruppert fired her after she complained about his advances. The commissioner trumped that with $125,000 in damages for "emotional and mental suffering."

But it is unlikely that Gerken will collect, since hearing officer Allan McCollough ruled the business was disbanded and Ruppert as an individual is not liable as its successor. A bureau spokesman did not respond to a request for elaboration on Avakian's statement that the agency will "pursue every penny" of the fine.

The attention-getting penalty comes as Chris Smith's documentary on Ruppert, a former Los Angeles policeman who predicted the current economic downtown, is generating buzz at film festivals around the world. Ruppert argues that oil production has reached its peak and will steadily decline, with long-term implications for the global economy and short-term illustrations in military and foreign policy.

Among other things, Avakian cited testimony that one night while they were working late in their Ashland, Ore., office, Ruppert showed up at Gerken's door "wearing only his underwear and a smile." Gerken, a single mother just starting her career, was "shocked" and "frightened" by Ruppert's attentions during her three months on the job, according to the order.

"Sexual harassment of this magnitude is a brazen violation of the law and the damages ordered here will clearly show BOLI's commitment to aggressively enforcing the law," Avakian said.

In postings in his blog, Ruppert characterized the bureau's approach as malicious and said the findings "mischaracterized or ignored" evidence and testimony presented on his behalf. For example, the order calls one of Ruppert's witnesses "vain and boastful" because the man introduced himself using the honorific "Doctor" although his Ph.D. is in English literature.

Shortly after Gerken's firing, Ruppert's business was broken into and his computers destroyed, forcing him to halt publication.

Avakian noted that Ruppert initially blamed Gerken, but subsequently has suggested government agencies may be responsible because of his critical stories, particularly one revealing the "friendly fire" death of former NFL player Pat Tillman while serving in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan.

In the meantime, though, Ashland police had ruled out Gerken as a suspect, and also cleared Ruppert of rumors that he staged the burglary. The case remains unsolved.

Ruppert said he hoped to file an appeal, but his financial difficulties may prevent it.

[www.newjerseynewsroom.com]

and Google Cache for same article

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]
[www.google.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 20, 2011 09:02AM

On December 12, 2009, the webmaster for mikeruppert.org received a letter written by an attorney on behalf of Mike Ruppert (MCR), addressed to the site’s host, requesting that said website be removed from the web for committing slanderous, harassing acts aimed at Mr. Ruppert. Of course mikeruppert.org does nothing more than re-print the written BOLI decision, of which Mike Ruppert was the losing respondent in September, 2009.

For the rest of this article read here.

[www.mikeruppert.info]

Ultimate Findings of Fact (title of website)

[www.mikeruppert.org]

Date: February 20, 2011 10:27AM

And...some reassurance.

[www.fromthewilderness.com]

Posted by: DavidWish ()
Date: February 20, 2011 10:20PM

I went back to that thread I started over there in their forums and noticed that a top moderator had replied, with others. He accused me of not reading his post, but had responded so quickly, it was clear he had not read over the materials here that I linked to. I told him that he was actually not being transparent, condescending, etc., and that he was busted for exactly was he was saying about me. I was in a rush to get out to a lunch date, but I came back quickly, to post in their forums, "I am not saying you need to put an end to this movement, but that the movement must follow the rules of the road in basic human respect, to not be a cult. That it can be fixed, if they are willing to learn how to direct others properly. However, my ip was already banned from their entire site. I think I may contact the various well known leaders on Monday and see if they are willing fix the issue. :)

I am not the go to person for repair, as I am not an expert on the cult issue. I can recognize many of the warning signs, but to actually fix and already existing movement… I think it can be done with help of people like Rick, if they would only ask for the guidance to behave correctly.

Date: February 21, 2011 12:12AM

Maybe the take home lesson is...be hopeful. Be idealistic.

Get out and research groups and projects.

But do so as carefully as we do when deciding what kind of car or computer to purchase.

Do background checks. Ask around.

And..the good news is that it is possible by asking careful questions, to find out early on, whether discussion is controlled to an unhealthy degree, or whether there is a free exchange of ideas.

Being able to find this out early on, before one has invested substantial time and money can save a lot of heartache.

And, it is hard enough working to make a difference in this sad world without having ones heart broken by comrades who put ideology above the inherant dignity of ordinary human persons who might not share their philosophy..

Date: February 21, 2011 12:29AM

To Persons Interested in Sustainability--Run Background Checks

And..a clarification.

I had said in an earlier post--if a group is about sustainability ask whether this could be a cover for other agendas?

I expressed that question awkwardly.

There is nothing inherantly wrong with working for sustainablity, in and of itself. The topic is a worthy one.

However, persons who want to donate time attention and energy to sustainability projects need to do some background checks.

Some very dodgy enterprises are slipping into the game. Anything that is a hot topic will attract opportunists.

Sustainability has become a bandwagon. A lot of groups are hitching onto sustainability because it is a buzzword that attracts many idealistic persons.

And...not all groups underneath the 'sustainability unbrella' are honest about their actual ideologies.

As discussed on the Transition Town thread, there is now a lot of confusion between
permaculture and biodynamic agriculture, because many wrote and publicize these in ways that mush the two together, which creates a very misleading picture.

Permaculture has a different point of origin than does Biodynamics--Biodynamics originated with Rudolf Steiner, who created a spin off of Theosophy called Anthroposophy.

He and his followers believed and still believe that they are entitled to conceal the background of thier methods from the public on grounds that anyone exposed, even unknowingly to an Anthroposophist project, such as a Waldorf Method school, or a Biodynamic gardening project that is slipped in as 'permaculture' will gain karmic benefits and thus better that people unknowingly benefit than that they be told up front and risk being alienated.

So all you who have limited time and energy and who want to make this world a better place--your energy and attention are precious. Many want your attention and energy as well as your money.

They think they know better than you do what is good for you.

Are you aware that Permaculture and Biodynamics are different methods, and not the same at all?

[forum.culteducation.com]

Well intentioned persons may be misled to push Biodynamics as Permaculture because they have not been told the full truth about the difference between the two methods.

It is neither kind nor respectful to involve sincere adults in a pattern of disinformation

Do background research about a project and its actually ideology and the backgrounds of its leaders before you get involved. It is a sad truth that some sustainablity projects are run by persons who will not tell you what the actual ideology of that project is--and you might be quite shocked if you were to be told what it is.

Date: February 21, 2011 01:22AM

corboy
He and his followers believed and still believe that they are entitled to conceal the background of their methods from the public on grounds that anyone exposed ... (will be)... better that people unknowingly benefit than that they be told up front and risk being alienated.

You said it right there. It assumes superiourity, righousness, and divine intervention. It's final result lacks humility, understanding and compassion for the fullest growth of others.

Excellent stuff. Good job. Now if only all movements took the time to learn what you have learned... maybe someday soon with some positive attempts. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Date: February 21, 2011 11:14PM

I called Mr. Jacque Fresco and was told by Jacque that Jacque would not come to the phone, by someone identifying herself as Maxine.
I explained to her that TZM was acting with a lack of transparency and was abusing its members with cultist ways of suppression and thought. I told her that the organization needs to commit to cultist reform, as indicated by the professional community. She did not care and sounded brain washed to me. She repeated endlessly that I did not understand what they were doing and refused to listen, constantly interrupting me.

The page on their discussion boards where they are being called out for being a cult has been removed by them.
If anyone with proper educational experience in helping those in cults, from the top down, wishes to give an attempt, his contact information is below.

I sincerely hope they can recover from this pitfall and learn that no goal is worth the minds of people going to waste.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Mr. Jacque Fresco
21 Valley Lane
Venus, Florida 33960
Ph: 863-465-0321

Date: February 21, 2011 11:17PM

Correction,
The person I spoke with identified herself as Roxanne. It was probably Roxanne Meadows.

Date: February 22, 2011 12:40AM

I called back and spoke with someone name Joel. We talked for a while and I asked him to contact Rick. He said they have no say so in TZM. That the movie is what Peter Joseph wanted and some of the people in the movie were displeased with how their views were used and presented.

I told him that commonsense says, "Nothing can be built on lies." That TZM lacks transparency and fits the requirements of a cult and that people will continue to suffer as long as they do not have the education know better.

I also told him that any organization that runs away from and tries to hide comments about them being a cult, is again, a cult, and that this must be discussed and addressed. I told him I had enough education to identify cultist behavior, but that a professional, such as Rick, of whom he is aware of, can certainly provide guidance to an organization wishing to be proved cult free and to stay that way.

We also discussed that it would be of great benefit to all organizations out there to be repaired and educated, rather than eventually self-imploding from a lack of mutual basic human respect. They could be an example for others to follow and learn from.

I specifically noted that until Jacque actually makes a stand against such cultist behavior in his name, he, and the ones that back him up, is/are in support of such abuse. Whether a cult is cult is not matter of opinion, but facts provided by the hard work of those that have dedicated their lives to freeing people from such oppression.

I really hope they can help us all by embracing the necessary requirements, and publicly supporting the necessary requirements, that all organizations must follow to not be a cult and encourage real growth. I further hope that a quick guideline / test can be developed by Rick, or a similar professional, that should be presented to all new members of any movement or organization, by the movement organization themselves, to inoculate their prospective new members to possible cultist abuse by other members of their group. Additionally, some sort of cult free certification would be of benefit. I do not know if that exists, but it would seem that just like there are ISO audits, groups could be audited and monitored by others that are qualified at making the necessary determinations and recommendations. I.E. “This organization is certified cult free and a supporter of proper human communication and its continued monitoring and development by ProperHumanRespect.org. I just made that up, but you get the idea.

Current Page: 2 of 31

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.