Penn State, Joe Paterno and King Football are Cults?
Date: July 13, 2012 06:07AM

I would say "King Football" and the Penn State "Joe Paterno Legacy" are a cults. Look at how much PSU pulled in from donations as a result of the scandal... http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/09/us/pennsylvania-penn-state-donations/index.html Almost 209 million dollars! Where are the donations for the abused children? Also, what kind of people would hold a football coach above abused children so much that they would riot about it? In my opinion, only people whom have been under the influence of a cult-like organization. People think of Joe Paterno as a God. Even as they clearly see he is not. I think these people are programmed. I hope that "King Football" at PSU at least gets the cult-like label it deserves. Maybe it can start here.

Your thoughts on this are appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Penn State, Joe Paterno and King Football are Cults?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 13, 2012 10:14AM

Date: July 13, 2012 09:26PM

Date: July 13, 2012 11:06PM

FULL SANDUSKY INTERVIEW HERE:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: July 14, 2012 07:54AM

I think Paterno has definitely achieved "Cult following" status. I never went to Penn State, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. He knew about the child molestation and covered it up...he then went on and covered up the cover up. He is the lowest of all humans.

Date: July 14, 2012 09:26AM

Yes, in my opinion the Paterno statue has to go. The building(s) named after him ought to be renamed, too.

Posted by: walter1963 ()
Date: July 15, 2012 04:50AM

I'd say organized sports in general come close to engendering a cult like mentality. Heck it's nothing to see sports fan(fanatics) come to blows over a game or develop obsession that borders on mental illness. Look at the riot at Penn State by the college students and the athletes(who could barely string a sentence together, bet they had people taking courses for them) right after the molestation story broke.

It was sickening the display of amorality on the part of the student body.

In more general terms IMO organized sports are a pernicious to control large segments of the population without them being aware of it. The Romans used it to great effect to keep the impoverished masses from rebelling. I've talked to more saavy South and Central Americans who think their governments use sports to keep the people in line as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.