Current Page: 41 of 45
Re: Guru Swami G
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 02, 2013 05:41AM

But the this message board was created by Rick Ross to serve the needs of persons who were not in these kinds of groups.

Mr Ross created this message board for a specific group. Not for those already happy with their guru or group.

Not for persons eager to proslytize.

He created this mesage board for persons who have been in and are leaving or trying to leave what Corboy would term 'Roach Motel' groups or relationships.

The relationships where you can enter but are given no way to leave of your own volition.
Remember the old Roach Motel ads? "They can check in, but they can't check out?"

In other words, a trap.

If one is in jail or prison one knows where one is, and that certain things must be done (or avoided) if one is to get out.

And unless one is serving a life sentence, terms are limited, and in some cases one can get time off for good behavior. Meanwhile, one can get access to legal advice.

Its much harder to face that a study group or ashram has the dynamics of prison.

Detainees and prisoners know that they are in a coercive environment.

But it takes very much longer to recognize that something is a coercive environment with the features of a Roach Motel (you can check in but can't check out) if the coercive environment is labelled a 'transformational weekend' 'ashram' 'sangha' 'tariqa' or 'street ministry'.

In reasonably functional groups and relationships, you can become an member and there is a procedure for relinquishing membership. In some groups you can walk away. Tired of that gym membership? Hey, no need to renew it. You're free.

In the best sitautions you can still remain friends with people who remain in the group.

Repeat, groups where you cannot leave of your own volition.

Roach Motel groups are the ones where there is a process for recruitment/'checking in' (getting in), but no corresponding process where you can decide to check out and have your decision respected.

Some groups, one can slip away. They wont fight too hard to keep you.

But 'Roach Motel' groups are different:

You cannot leave when you decide to leave. Exercising your autonomy for yourself is a threat. Leaving scares them because it implies their life program isnt perfect.

Your Leaving is equated with failure or disloyalty. It is not respected as a decision you are entitled to make.

You lose your citizen right to choose your departure time (or even vacation time) when you, without knowing it, get involved in a one way Roach Motel group.

The only ways to get out are:

You die

You are kicked out as useless (getting old, poor or falling ill are other ways)

You escape.

To escape takes strong measures.

First, one has void any residual feelings of loyalty to the group. Many of us are still partly loyal to the group while realizing we want to leave. That remaining bit of affection on our parts will be exploited as part of the guilt trip to keep you there or coax you back. We may feel protective of the group while at the same time recognizing we need to leave.

How to get out.

**Recognize you owe them zero and that dialogue with them will be useless. (If you have seen others being dumped on and screamed at when they tried to dialogue about leaving, this may assist you to recognize what you will be up against)

Any concern for friends still in the group can be used against you.

If one is polite and assumes this group will let you leave, you're in trouble. Guilt trip.

Giving in to requests for "Just one last talk" -- guilt trip.

If you talks with anyone who still a member, bang. Guilt trip.

If you share your misgivings with anyone else in the group, they will tattle to the leader and you get guilt tripped.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Guru Patrol ()
Date: August 02, 2013 06:29AM

mmoderator:

Again, I respectfully disagree.
It is highly improbable that he is a long-time close student of hers; and it is definitely not her.
I have to say your actions are feeding into the kind of claims she and others have made about this forum.
Mind you, I didn't see any PMs that may have been exchanged other than the one Rehl sent me.
I think had he posted something similar again on this thread, it would've made sense to pull that next post.
Just my opinion.

corboy:

I disagree with you that what Rehl posted was proselytising or preaching.
But you are entitled to your opinion, and the moderator is entitled to his and the actions he takes.
And since you mentioned it in your last post to me, I have to ask you something.
Why do you feel I presume that you are "getting obsessed or am putting a lot of energy into this" (I assume this being this site?)
I never suggested that in any way did I?

But getting back to the thread at hand....
I'd really like to hear from Sharon (Guru SG) or close students about my questions regarding sannyas and her teacher.
And this exchange is essential, imo, on a site like this, if people are genuinely interested in understanding both sides of the equation.
Otherwise it's a completely one-sided thread with no input from the people that are being discussed/judged etc

Date: August 02, 2013 07:37AM

So from what I can gather, "Swami-G" took sannyas initiation in India after her meeting with her Guru Sri Rajivji who told her she was enlightened and should go off and be a Guru.
She or close students can clarify or elaborate if this is not accurate.
My question is the following:
Why did she take sannyas if she was already enlightened?
And then why did she go ahead and break several rules of sannyas?
like eating meat, not wearing the orange cloth, having all kinds of material possessions&toys, etc etc
And knowing that she did so, why even continue to reference her sannyas name and that whole tradition?
Also, I see she has the title Paramahamsa in various places. (old site, Global One TV site, etc)
One cannot give themselves this title.
It must be bestowed upon them.
So did she give it to herself, or did someone (or group) bestow it on her?

Date: August 02, 2013 11:51AM

From another venue:

This does not imply endorsement by Ross Institute. Just information that G has been discussed elsewhere online.

------------------------------------------

Sarlos Guru Rating Service

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Swami Ganga-puri Kaliuttamananda-Giri F b1951 American (WA) aka Sharon, Ganga Karmokar, Karma Sonam Wangmo, Swami G, "kundalini support" attempts to balance knowledge with "2x4," Rajiv Misra, ordained by Swarupananda. Site an "online ashram," with "graduates" as fellow gurus (Siddhananda) and advisory sages (eg Amrit, formerly YouTube only). Anti <== Rebuttal

G’s own website

[www.guruswamig.com]

Anti (term used by Sarlos Guru Rating Service)

[groups.yahoo.com]

Rebuttal

[groups.yahoo.com]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 02, 2013 07:52PM

See [www.cultnews.com]

The Rick A. Ross Institute for the Study of Destructive Cults, Controversial Groups, and Movements has officially changed its name to The Cult Education Institute for the Study of Destructive Cults, Controversial Groups and Movements.

The new domain name entry point and gateway to the Internet archives of the institute will soon be culteducation.com.

The Cult Education Institute archives is a library of information about destructive cults, controversial groups and movements, which was initially launched in 1996 and has continued to be under construction and expansion for the past 17 years.

The public message board attached to the The Cult Education Institute will soon only be accessible through the domain name culteducation.com. More than 100,000 entries from the former members of destructive cults, controversial groups and movements and others concerned has accumulated at the board over the past decade. The message board content continues to grow daily and it serves as a free speech zone for those who wish to share their insights and concerns about the topics listed.

Date: August 02, 2013 11:00PM

A look at the entry page for Swami G's group on yahoo

Notice these requirements:

". Photo Must be uploaded to photo section Before posting."

Posts must be signed with your name

This is not a group to get aided with your burning life questions -

and

Guru-G will look in on this group occasionally but don't *expect* one
to one debates or exchanges with her.

So, here it is. A potential entry point to the group.

Just to join the group you expected to give up your privacy to a degree far beyond what most online groups require.

Meanwhile G makes it clear she will, in return, for giving this personal information to join, offer very little for discussion.

"This is not a group to get aided with your burning life questions - "

(quote)Guru-G will look in on this group occasionally but don't *expect* one
to one debates or exchanges with her

The entry requirements for the yahoo group put heavy demands on the applicant.

Most people would be put off by this and refuse to get involved.

The online discussion group and its rules would be an effective sorting device--a way to put off the independant minded people who would rock the boat and not submit to Swami G.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[webcache.googleusercontent.com] · Asking about Swami-G and Paths offered Home
Members Only

Group Information
Members: 33
Category: Other
Founded: Jun 3, 2009
Language: English
? Already a member? Sign in to Yahoo!
Yahoo! Groups Tips
Did you know...
Real people. Real stories. See how Yahoo! Groups impacts members worldwide. Home

Activity within 7 days:
(No Activity)
Description
Namaste --- This group is for those who want ask Guru Swami-G's
students about this Guru and the path offered here...

1. No Spam Allowed - No Advertising of ANY type as this will
result in immediately being banned.

2. Photo Must be uploaded to photo section Before posting.

3. All posts should open with Namaste as this is a polite way to begin.

4. Exchanges should be open and polite..

5. NO Flaming Allowed...

6. Guru-G will look in on this group occasionally but don't *expect* one
to one debates or exchanges with her.

7. Posts must be signed with your name

This is a place more for those who are looking for answers as to what
this path and Guru are about. When or IF you decide that this path may
be for you then you may join one of the suitable groups depending on
what it is you are seeking.

This is not a group to get aided with your burning life questions -

This group is solely to ask questions to see IF this is a path and
Guru you are interested in following.

NOTE: WHEN YOU HAVE DECIDED THAT THIS IS THE GURU THAT YOU
WANT TO FOLLOW AND A PATH YOU WANT TO PURSUE THEN ASK FOR
ADMISSION BY EMAILING GURU-G DIRECTLY. crystalkundalini@hotmail.com
put Seeking Admission in the subject box..

Welcome to this Site and potential Life Path..

OM Shanti

Posted by: psyborgue ()
Date: August 06, 2013 04:05AM

I went ahead and created a video about Guru G, and posted it to youtube. (link here) This one concerns her policies towards confidentially and her handling of criticism. I am planning on making more videos about her practices. Originally I was planning on adding more to this video but it was just too long. Since Guru G was not willing to debate on Skype, perhaps she will be willing on YouTube. All comments are open, however, as I said in the video, I will delete comments and video responses that disclose private information on former or current followers of Guru G.

Date: August 06, 2013 07:37AM

psyborgue:

Feel free to make videos.
But keep in mind, this woman is clearly not rational.
Maybe it's stubborn denial, or a refusal to connect the dots, or even an inability to grasp what is being said?
Maybe it's effects of earlier traumas, of which there have been many according to her; a kind of lingering PTSD if you will.
Or the enlightened Guru persona fullfills some need for her?
I am of the opinion that there are actually genuine spiritual teachers out there; always have been, probably always will be.
But she is not one of them.
Or put another way, if she is, I don't want anything to do with it :)
So feel free to make your videos, just don't expect any kind of rational exchange.

Posted by: micro-macro ()
Date: August 14, 2013 05:06AM

Her latest video is revealing.
It's not a surprise that she defines the term Swami in the way that she does.
"Swami means one that has the lord over themself...they've made the journey"
She conveniently omits the parts that she has not abided by in her life.
A Swami is a yogi, ascetic, aspirant that has been initiated into the religious monastic order
instituted by Adi Shankara.
And as such, there are rules and regulations that are to be respected and followed.
Among many things, a proper swami will not eat meat, and certainly not insist that students eat meat.
Perhaps Sharon can illuimine us as to the order she was initiated into and the rules and regulations of
that order?
She says "It's a word, get over it"
Well, no one's making you use the word, so why continue to do so if you are not following the tradition
you claim to be a part of?
How is that honest, integrous, or transparent?

Posted by: foofooananda ()
Date: August 16, 2013 11:33AM

How bout a little love and group hug?

ok guys and gals. ....for those of us dysfunctionals that think that someone else can do the work for us this was a good wake up call. With a little divine help others will find their way to this post when the time is right and see the light. There has been enough said on both sides I believe to make respective opinions very clear. Its a new day and I do believe a ray of sunshine is shining brightly to show us all the way!

Just saying....
LOL
:-)

Current Page: 41 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.