Re: James Arthur Ray - every LGAT Guru in the US is watching this case
Posted by: Penelope ()
Date: February 17, 2011 12:48PM

Stoic
Another interesting court doc where the prosecution is again presenting a motion for the inclusion of the prior acts on the basis of a charge of negligent homicide (which is lesser offence included in the manslaughter charge) which allows for some evidence of the mental state of the defendant to be presented.

[apps.supremecourt.az.gov]

Included in this doc are JAR quotes from the audio tape of the sweat-tent pre-briefing, quite nauseating when read with the knowledge of the outcome.

Anyone who's been trained to work events like a 10K for charity KNOWS the danger of heat stroke and how to treat it. We have to know how to treat it, would that not be extreme negligence or worse on our part if we didn't?

Can you imagine telling runners that they have to ignore the signs of heat stroke if they want to play "full on" and challenge themselves, or that we're putting on a "wieny-ass" 10k if we didn't put you in a state where you feel like you're skin is going to fall off your body or that you're about to die?

I love this part "I've told you to hydrate hydrate hydrate hydrate. I've told you to take salt all week, yeah? Remember that." SALT. Salt defeats the purpose of hydrating, and that's made worse if you've been in the desert for 36 hours with no food or WATER.
"It takes 24-36 hours after dehydration to fully recover the muscular strength and endurance lost due to dehydration." (For more on dehydration: [www.extension.iastate.edu])

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: February 17, 2011 10:40PM

James Ray heads to trial:

[www.kpho.com]

Witnesses claimed people were pleading to get out but Ray said "No."

Goodbye, Ray. Say "hello" to your cellmate, 156792 aka Bubba.

Date: February 18, 2011 07:32AM

From the article I linked above for all those too lazy to click or if and when the link no longer works:

"I started to look around and I saw that there were many people lying around who were not conscious. I saw eyeballs rolled back into their heads," recounted sweat lodge survivor Dr. Beverly Bunn.

Her words painted a painful picture of dozens of people pouring out of a Sedona sweat lodge. Some unconscious, some already dead.

"It was like an absolute MASH unit, helicopters coming down. You know, well, when he came out the helicopters weren't there. But at that time it was still bodies everywhere, passed out. And then they, he walked out of there looking like a million bucks," said former Ray employee Melinda Martin.

The "he" she referred to is James Ray.

Comments like those could shape the prosecution's case. Warrants obtained by investigators in the days and weeks after the sweat lodge tragedy outline the case.

Witnesses told investigators people were, "screaming to get out," and Ray told them, "no."

Another said people were already unconscious when Ray suggested they, "go one more round."

The article goes on to claim the Defense will possibly use "Ray ain't guilty cuz' his contractors 'dat buildeded the Sweat Lodge used the wronged materials" (my sarcasm and on-purpose misspellings).

I guess that is like saying I had licensed contractors build a green house for me to force young shoots to grow in the heat...and then I didn't water my plants properly and didn't regulate the heat properly and the little shoots all wilted due to my inaction and now all my crops are ruined and I am in big trouble this growing season!

DAMNED CONTRACTORS! I WILL SUE! NOT MY FAULT! NOT MY FAULT! THE WILTED SHOOTS IN MY CARE ALL SIGNED A WAIVER! NOT MY FAULT!

Stupid.

Say hello to the boyz in Cellblock 2 during shower time, Jimbo!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 07:46AM by Sparky.

Posted by: Penelope ()
Date: February 18, 2011 05:05PM

JR apologists using blame the victims tactics on his official facebook fan page. This gem from a JR fan:

My name is Kari. I gave an interview to The Prescott Courier yesterday to a reporter named Mark Duncan. He was looking for supporters for James Ray. My predominate view in this case is, we are all responsible for our own actions and choices. Every time you step into an automobile you put yourself at risk of injury or death. Every time you eat cholesterol laden foods, you put yourself at risk for heart disease. Every time you light up a cigaret, you risk cancer. My point is, we all make choices every single day and some choices lead to our demise.

Not to dismiss the tragic event in any way as the lost people had only wanted to better themselves, but, they made choices, choices which ultimately cost them their lives. No one forced them to pay for the event, travel to the even...t and participate in the event. I would have loved to attend that event, but I know my limitations physically and my CHOICE was to not attend. Every day is a Russian Roulette. There are so many variables despite our best intentions, affirmations, manifesting abilities, prayers and wishes. God drives the bus and God's plan is superior to ours. Why would James manifest this for himself ??? He doesn't strike me as a gluten for punishment kind of guy. My ex husband once said to me, "It is what it is". I don't think it's a simple as that. There are messages, some to only to be discovered after the fact.
In time they will be revealed.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: February 18, 2011 06:26PM

What this James Ray apologist is missing, one of the later 'messages' that she may or may not discover, is that James Ray is on trial for the choices that he made, not for the choices that his victims made.

'Why would James manifest this for himself ???'
Because he had begun to believe his own hype---and why not? He had already gotten away with selling that crap at a grossly inflated price to so many.

'He doesn't strike me as a gluten for punishment kind of guy.'
Not a glutton for his own punishment, no. But he was mighty interested in punishing others, taking their money and putting them through gruelling trials in exchange for a pretence of some higher 'spiritual' gain. He was mighty interested in playing god with other peoples lives. Like every conman and crim, he just didn't ever expect to get caught.

My ex husband once said to me, "It is what it is".
Her ex husband was right. She might be struggling to find excuses for JAR's behaviour--because she still wants to believe in the hype--- but the 'message' remains the same.
James Ray was starting to make a habit of killing his customers---and still thinks that he is entitled to continue doing that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 06:37PM by Stoic.

Posted by: jeand ()
Date: February 20, 2011 06:33PM

Reading this is very difficult. Ray is a madman.No doubt about it. He is a liar. I've been in real Native sweats and you never crowd up against people, and you take breaks every 20 minutes LEAVE the lodge to drink water, cool down. During that time, you can see how every one's feeling. It's not a huge serious experience with silence and where communication is forbidden. In fact, every participant does speak, both in the lodge and outside it. In fact,there's lots of joviality and laughter;typical of any Native American gathering.

When I read this, I,too,was nauseated,outraged Stoic, and couldn't even finish it. I'll read it again later. It reminds me of how some criminals torture and kill their victims slowly. Ray groomed these people for his sick game,just like the BTK Killer did once he got them where he wanted them. Essentially Ray is saying, "Care about how I,the master think about you. Show me complete submission. Don't question anything. Let me control your mind and body and life."

I hope Judge Darrow reconsiders this motion to allow past actions. It's only fair. Especially because Ray mentions "past lodges" several times.

Posted by: Yakaru ()
Date: February 20, 2011 07:14PM

The analogy about putting yourself at risk "every time you get into an automobile" is a good place to start actually. Just add the detail that the driver has lied about having a license, claimed he knows the perfect mystery destination and to have made the journey hundreds of times in the past without trouble. Then he takes an exorbitant payment, informs you the doors are now locked and pushes the car off down the hill while he stands there and watches.

I am hoping the judge will reconsider about prior acts. He did specifically write that the judgment didn't of itself preclude the use of the information for lesser offenses. And the prosecution also submitted new evidence in their appeal, which I assume will win a few points.

Posted by: jeand ()
Date: February 21, 2011 09:53AM

Tom McFeeley tweeted this link earlier. McFeeley worked with Glen Creno on James Ray stories. [bit.ly]
I felt uneasy when I read the "house was in a disarray". Hope it's not my imagination running wild...

Date: February 22, 2011 03:28AM

Self-Help guru accused in Sweat-Lodge deaths back in the spotlight:

[www.signonsandiego.com]

It looks like, if the jury selection goes as planned, opening statements in Ray's trial will begin on March 1, 2011.

Experts claim in the article that the prosecution will need expert testimony to prove their case to a jury.

On a civil justice note from the article:

Ray has also had to fight several lawsuits that have stemmed from the sweat-lodge deaths, including suits filed by Neuman’s family and survivors. Ray has settled at least some lawsuits for an undisclosed sum, The Arizona Republic reported.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2011 03:44AM by Sparky.

James Arthur Ray - when Gurus get in trouble, their followers pay
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 22, 2011 09:41AM

Yes, unfortunately, when the Gurus get into trouble, its their current followers who pay. The Guru puts the squeeze on their current followers to come up with the cash to pay off those who he has hurt, who have claims against him.
So the Guru uses...
OPM.
Other Peoples Money, to pay people off.

And part of the payoff is a total GAG-ORDER for life.
This is why no one knows what is going on, its all silenced.
LGAT Gurus pay people off they have hurt on a regular basis. They fight them for as long as possible, but if the person won't back down, they pay them off.
Its just the cost of doing business to them, paying off those who they injure, who won't back down.

The first lesson any Guru learns is OPM, they use it to get rich, and if they lose it all.
As well, every Guru has an inner circle with a handful of people who often have family fortunes, and they are able to access money from them, in exchange for hanging out with their Guru.

If the facts and figures could ever come out, about how many people are seriously injured and paid-off, then put under a total gag-order, it would be enlightening. Probably an investigative reporter could put the pieces together.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.