Current Page: 70 of 155
Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 04, 2010 10:40PM

Here's the irony.

Someone with a method that asserts to be 'You are not your story.'

But this person gets recruits by propagating THEIR OWN STORY--such
as the Byron Katie cockroach story that is told from person to person.

A really good seduction story is not only told by the operator, but by the operators eager acolytes, who then move around telling that story to others.

That story is simultaneously a badge of identity for those who have bought into it, it is a curiosity trigger for newbies and it is portable and can be easily spread, like a cold virus.

And it cannot be fact checked. How do you track down and interview a cockroach? (I happen to fascinated by insects, but most people are revolted by insects and especially cockroaches--the ick factor would hamper the mere thought of questioning the story. It is nearly impossible to experience revulsion and curiosity at the same time.)

Worst, most of us are eager to be entertained or eager to feel hope of a cure. A good healing narrative warms the heart and people dont like to question anything that makes them feel good.

A good, hope arousing story resists fact checking because people like the warmth and momentum generated by hope, and dont want to question the story itself--or question the background and motivations of whoever is telling that story.

And..whether it is just that....a story.

Imagine going to a movie and, in the midst of the most exciting part, remembering that its a play of light and colors on a blank screen and then--
watch out!--telling the person in the next seat what your insight is.

They'll probably be furious that you broke the movie trance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - Sleight of Mouth NLP Robert Dilts
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 05, 2010 04:30AM

That is totally correct, and it also applies to post-NLP, that is, people who do variants of NLP but call it another names, there are dozens of them.
The NLPers in seminars get people hyped up to think they can do basically anything with their tech, and then sign them up to more expensive trainings.
They take fairly naive and credulous people in the audience, and sell them on the idea that "mastering" NLP or its variants is going to allow them to do and get basically anything very rapidly. So its essentially the same pitch as many scams, but done in a more sophisticated way.

They then upsell those folks to more seminar trainings, products, DVD sets, and they also have personal coaching with NLP, and people get scammed bigtime. Thousands and tens of thousands, its heartbreaking to see those NLPers in action.
They charge many thousands in an escalating series of NLP training seminars, sound familiar? There is no end to it, always another expensive seminar or coaching.
And once people spend thousands on training, they NEED to make that money back, and start doing it to others! Those are the people selling NLP all over the internet. Do a search for "NLP training" and there are thousands of links. It really is a jungle of trying to cash-in.

Many of them superfically sell the classic NLP type tech, but at the exact same time are RUNNING the more advanced persuasion tech from other areas of NLP. That is how it started, and the LGAT experts copied that and refined it.
So even if there are parts of NLP that might be ok, there are so many scammers running around in the field, it can't be recommended to a newbie.
From this perspective, it does seem like the NLP sales-system is the most complex and confusing mess of any of the systems out there.
A metaphor might be that the current NLP and related fields are like the harshest jungle on earth, and sending an untrained credulous newbie into that jungle, they are not going to survive one night, or even survive a few hours. Its about as bad as it can get.

And of course, now they are totally disguising the tech, and blending it into New Age and other packages, with the tech artfully embedded inside. That is why Stever Robbins loves Byron Katie so much, that is the future, that is where the action is at.

And Tony Robbins still does most of those ancient NLP techniques. For example, as stated above in this thread, where Tony Robbins is pretending to magically cure people of suicide from the stage.
[Tony Robbins trying to link suicide to orgasm] [forum.culteducation.com]
All he is trying to do is what Richard Bandler taught about writing over one pattern with a new pattern, pattern interrupt, Anchoring, etc. Does that work, to write over and link a chronic "suicide pattern" with a "fake orgasm" pattern in a live seminar? Of course not, its absurd, the human brain does not work like that, even though they say it does without proof.
But its entertainment at the expense of the victim, and is a salespitch of rapid Miracle Cures.
The bigger the sales claim, the bigger the price.

James Ray was telling his victims they could achieve supreme Christ consciousness, and do anything including overcoming life and death.
So that is taking making a huge sales claim to its limit, and once people believe that, he could charge them literally every dollar they have.

Again, that is not speculation, there are specific advanced sales manuals that teach exactly how to make these outrageous Big Claims and how to extract maximum money for them. It does not take much imagination to take them one step further and tell people you can teach them to be a superman for a superprice.

Some of this advanced sales info is contained in the program called:
[The Power To Influence by Tony Robbins]
There are many Torrents out there with the PDF's of the manual and audio, but the material is too tricky for a direct link. A very serious warning and caution is in order, its very easy to get sucked into the system, that is how its designed.

Stoic
The whole area of NLP seems to me to be a classic sales bubble.
How do I sell, for very big bucks, something that tells my customers to find a good role model and copy their techniques?

James Arthur Ray, Anthony Robbins -The Power To Influence
Date: March 05, 2010 05:10AM

Again, NOT recommending anyone ever buy this, or even read it, as the material is very tricky and can suck people into the system, and please NEVER register to take the video sales course in person with an affiliate! That is beyond the worst.

But for more advanced folks who want to research some of the advanced sales methods, they might search Google for strings something like this:

"the power to influence" "anthony robbins"
"the power to influence" "anthony robbins" sales
"the power to influence" "anthony robbins" pdf
Anthony Robbins - The Power To Influence (Sales Mastery) - Backtrack Notes pdf

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: March 05, 2010 05:11AM

'Imagine going to a movie and, in the midst of the most exciting part, remembering that its a play of light and colors on a blank screen and then--
watch out!--telling the person in the next seat what your insight is.

They'll probably be furious that you broke the movie trance.'

I recognise that fury at the breaking of the movie trance.
As a child I escaped reality into books, stories, daydreams-- anything to fool myself that somewhere there was a different world than the one I found myself in. My own mind, which is my own story constantly retelling itself, became the most important thing to me.
Anything that broke my trance would evoke fury--not that I could express that in safety for many years.

Over time though I got used to it and learned some tricks to break some of my own trances to see things a bit more clearly.

One of the things that I saw clearly is that everyone has their own story and some are keen to force their story on others. It must seem satisfying at first to create clones of oneself but soon enough the tedium would set in. How boring it must be to have one's own inanity endlessly parroted back by clones.

Decision time--do I stay with my own pathetic, troubled and painful story which is all of what I know of myself or do I trade it for the exciting tale of the transformational cockroach/operating thetan/spiritual warrior or whatever else is flavour of the month?
I can't describe how ardently I longed for a transformational cockroach/operating thetan/spiritual warrior story that rang true for me but they do get a bit samey if you hear enough of them, enough times. They get quite boring and formulaic once you recognise the pattern.

My own pathetic, troubled and painful story became, by contrast, more interesting to me, though it would bore the pants off anyone else. Its interesting because it is ongoing and I have no idea what will happen next--like all the best stories.

The moral of this little story is to beware of diminishing returns:

'Someone with a method that asserts to be 'You are not your story.'

But this person gets recruits by propagating THEIR OWN STORY--such
as the Byron Katie cockroach story that is told from person to person.'

Whether or not you believe you are your story, don't trade your own story, however dire or crazy, for someone elses second-hand cockroach fable. Your own story has the potential to get very interesting, at least to yourself, if you take a good look.

Posted by: Penelope ()
Date: March 05, 2010 07:43AM

JR has to make his seminars over the top because he is basically selling *nothing*. Just an idea. You can think yourself wealthy. Nice. Then what?

The whole 'mind over matter' philosophy is why he and his followers can rationalize his reckless behavior. It is no different than the Christian Scientist parents who will not get their children basic medical care because they believe illness is an illusion and they can just pray it away. Luckily New Age ideas don't get the same kid glove treatment that religious beliefs do in this country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 07:45AM by Penelope.

Re: James Arthur Ray - San Francisco, CA (Mar 19-20, 2010)
Date: March 05, 2010 02:07PM

As predicted here...
James Ray is going right back to doing his LGAT seminars, to take Other Peoples Money, to pay his bills. OPM, just like nothing ever happened.

[twitter.com] {Well, it's that time again- another #jamesray e-mail promoting his Harmonic Wealth weekends.This one titled "The Big Picture".}

James Ray has been flooding his twitter account with his nonsense, as he knows how direct marketing works from his telemarketing days.
He knows you just send the ad copy material out there, over and over, and a small percentage of the population get caught. That all it takes.

He has even put in a couple of tweets implying that James Ray is receiving support from many people. Which people? No big name in the New Wage industry will go near James Ray for fear of damaging their own business.
But James Ray wants to make his remaining followers believe there are more of them out there, social influence.

James Ray has this website, which uses tracking cookies, to harvest your name and email for spamming you with marketing, and also with the zip code to advertise where his LGAT seminars locations.

www.harmonicwealthweekend.com

If anyone sees more reposting the locations of his seminars, please post the link here, and that information needs to get out to the media and general public.

www.harmonicwealthweekend.com/audio/caw/
James Ray even puts in a direct suggestion here to get people to "relax" which will make them more suggestible to his persuasion processes.
QUOTE: "(It's about an hour long, so make sure you're comfortable!)"

This lowlife even has the nerve to command people to only click AFTER listening to his 1 hr audio. That is to build compliance, and place his embedded suggestions before they hit the salespitch to sign up.

Take note of the James Ray deliberate evil SARCASM below, as he includes a quote from Josh Fredrickson shilling for James Ray. That is a taste of the real James Ray.

_____________quote_____________________

www.harmonicwealthweekend.com/index.php?goal=1

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dear Friend:

My name is James Ray, and if you nod your head "yes" to at least some of the following, you've certainly come to the right place...
...and you're going to love
what I'm about to reveal to you.

here are the next scheduled Harmonic Wealth Weekends:

San Francisco, CA (Mar 19-20, 2010)
Chicago, IL (Jun 4-5, 2010).

Upon returning home, all areas of my life have improved dramatically. I have successfully started 3 internet businesses, my business and personal relationships have grown ten-fold, my spirituality is at new heights and I am now engaged to an amazing woman with our dream wedding around the corner.
— Joshua Fredrickson

Date: March 05, 2010 02:26PM

James Ray has put shilling from Jack Canfield on this webpage.

"Jack Canfield of Chicken Soup for the Soul sharing about the Harmonic Wealth Weekend.
MORE VIDEOS
· Bob Scheinfeld · Janet Attwood · Bill Harris · Pete Bissonette · Marci Shimoff · Hale Dwoskin

He also talks openly about doing the basic NLP process, without using the term of course. He stole that from Tony Robbins, who took it from the premise of NLP.

QUOTE: "The best way to become great at anything is to seek out the best people in the field and learn what it is they do that makes them so great—and emulate it."

The Harmonic Wealth Weekend costs $1297.
That is $650 a day, plus taxes, travel, hotel, plus an orgy of upselling onsite.
If he gets 200 people, that is $250K minimum plus all of the upselling to other products.

He tries every tactic in the book about manipulating the price perception. Look at the verbal techniques he uses in the sentences below. He uses Timeline Future-pacing to install a decision he wants you to make, (that is also taken from NLP and hypnosis processes) and a very subtle trick in the second sentence to minimize the price.

------------------------------------
QUOTE: "If you do make the wise decision to invest a little in yourself and participate in the Harmonic Wealth Weekend, 12 months from now you'll swear it was one of the best decisions of your life.
And if you don't, you won't even remember where you spent the $1297 that could have changed your life forever."
-----------------------------

He also tries to link himself with all these people and companies. Maybe they will force him to stop associating himself to them, if they can. James Ray doesn't care, he just does whatever he wants.

___________quote______________
"I've shared the stage and presented with the top success and self-improvement experts in the country—including such notables as: Zig Ziglar, Robert Schuller, Robert Kiyosaki, Tony Robbins, Brian Tracy, Denis Waitley, Howard Putnam, Jack Canfield and John Gray.

On top of that, some of the top success-minded companies in the country (e.g., IBM, Coca-Cola, Merrill Lynch, Subway, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, Century 21, Re/Max, Dow Chemical, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and many, many more)"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 02:48PM by The Anticult.

Posted by: wc ()
Date: March 05, 2010 02:52PM

Get a load of this bullshit:
"Since returning from the Harmonic Wealth Weekend, I have attracted a wonderful woman into my life, my health issues have completely cured themselves and my income has increased by 125% in the first 60 days." — Scott Hughes
[/i]

Especially the line - "my health issues have cured themselves". WTF - that is so obviously misleading and deluded I don't even know where to start. Health issues don't just cure themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 02:54PM by wc.

Posted by: wc ()
Date: March 05, 2010 03:04PM

The Anticult
___________quote______________
"I've shared the stage and presented with the top success and self-improvement experts in the country—including such notables as: Zig Ziglar, Robert Schuller, Robert Kiyosaki, Tony Robbins, Brian Tracy, Denis Waitley, Howard Putnam, Jack Canfield and John Gray.

On top of that, some of the top success-minded companies in the country (e.g., IBM, Coca-Cola, Merrill Lynch, Subway, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, Century 21, Re/Max, Dow Chemical, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and many, many more)"

I don't think that those corporations would appreciate James Ray using their logos without trademark attribution on his website. He is acting like he is a partner with those corporations to make it look like he has something that is valuable and legitimate to offer people.

What a pile of...

I am so angry that he is out of jail preaching his harmonic woo. I am thinking about picketing one of his events

James Arthur RaySunWarrior- http://twitter.com/ChristineMarya
Date: March 05, 2010 03:20PM

Indoctrinated followers of various Gurus and cultists can do very serious damage.

This appears to be an example of the James Ray target demographic, she understands the images and metaphors put forward by James Ray, and believes them.
"RaySunWarrior"
These are the followers who can be so indoctrinated they will literally leave people to die, as they believe they are "spiritually ascending" by "choice" in the natural cycle of death and rebirth.
This is how indoctrinated followers can and will leave people to die, right before their eyes.

Christine Marya, a true believer follower of James Ray, and who is also trying to make a buck as a "Creative Power Awareness Coach" herself, promoting herself one step below James Ray and above Bob Proctor [www.eternallyskyrocketing.com]

twitter.com/ChristineMarya [twitter.com]
@JamesARay Welcome back to the light sky RaySunWarrior. Piercing the darkness can be blinding for gollum-likeses. Greatful you are here! ;)
[twitter.com]

______________quote_________________
[spas.about.com]
Christine Marya says:

Perhaps the energy you put into the blame, shame, fear, intimidation and guilt you put on others by your judgmental opinions could better be serving your readers and the dead with dignity and respect. They were Mr. Ray’s students, like myself, and well loved by him. If you consider mistakes were made, it appears to me you are doing just the same.
The saddest part of society — mediocrity — emerges to attack excellence simply because some are unwilling to step up to what they themselves would have to do to join others of like mind at the highest levels, or even to become the best they can possibly be.

As a student of many spiritual advisors and traditions including the Native American, your spiteful “wondering” tongue can only bring the same to you and others you inspire. Is judge-jury-executioner your legacy? Perhaps a sweat lodge is exactly what those who love blame need to emerge into another aspect of beauty and a greater life. If you know anything about life from the Native American tradition or any other Spiritual tradition, you may know that the natural cycle of life is birth, death and re-birth.

Aside from the truth of the facts that we all die when we choose to go, spiritually ascending, those who cannot venture into the unknown do so because of their own fears.

Some say it this way: Explore death and get a life!
Be good to yourself by being good to others. As Jesus said, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. As the Hopi have said, “We are the ones we have been waiting for!”

Respectfully,
Christine Marya
Licensed Massage Therapist

Current Page: 70 of 155

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.