Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
The Cult Experience as Portrayed in Movies, Television
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: May 20, 2005 10:13AM

Ok.... you're probably going anyway....

See the new Star Wars installment.

If you read this message board, you'll recognize the syndrome -
the highlights of coercive persuasion, in a mainstream flick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: May 20, 2005 12:23PM

All you folks,

Are you seeing the, ok, any connection between the media & control of the "herd" (us)? What comes 1st, the media techniques or invasive group techs?

IMO, we are programmed by our societies....ladies-> make-up, dressing according to the "code" (if you disagree, tell me why y'all are dressing, still, like Madonna 1st did or why y'all thought color-less black was in?)

Why do most (?) guys act like/think - like frat guys?

Try this (with cocktail in hand if desired) watch 30 mins of TV muted and pick-up on the non-verbal messages your getting...then go get the movie THEY LIVE" at your movie store...NUMB is a word to become aware of..

Read up on NLP, LGATS, Powers of Persuasion..in short .. self educate..IT IS A JUNGLE NOW ... protect yourselves up-front then you be able to re-con friends or foes....

Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 24, 2005 10:23PM

CaptPorridge
Law and Order had a show about a cult leader, forget the details, someone just told me about it and said it was a good one.

Ther Sci-Fi show Sliders also dealt with Mind Control a lot, many of those shows dealt with cult like groups and leaders.

It was good - Parodied a Landmark-type cult. Here's a link.

[www.nbc.com]

Ellen

Posted by: jsllim ()
Date: May 29, 2005 06:35AM

Leopardgirl,
I am interested in hearing more about your one-act play based on a cult-experience. I have been searching for a playscript on that subject for a very long time.

Thanks
jsllim

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.