Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: my neighbor is trying to convert me! I need advice!
Posted by: ekb ()
Date: May 01, 2009 01:07PM

Thanks so much everyone for your awesome advice! She has yet to bug me again *crosses fingers*

@ST
I'm a 36 yr old woman and she's a fifty-something year old woman. I don't think there's any sexuality there. lol

This might be a dumb question, but what is a CO$ rep?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Christa ()
Date: May 01, 2009 01:14PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I cannot discern the OP's gender from his/her post, and regardless of gender, didn't sense that romance is on offer here. Obviously, it's just about finding fresh prey, but I didn't get anything other than a (false) friendship vibe.

Romance or not, OP, you've gotten some great advice here. It's important to be very firm, clear, and adamant. These crazed, dazed recruits are not like you and me. "No" means "try harder" to them. Politeness could get you into real trouble.

Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: May 01, 2009 09:11PM

ekb
Thanks so much everyone for your awesome advice! This might be a dumb question, but what is a CO$ rep?

CO$ = Church of Scientology (using a $ 'cos they always charge big bucks for their sci-fi-based courses).

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: May 01, 2009 10:21PM

ekb,

Everything is sales with LGATs. The BEST way to stop a pesky salesperson is the simple word "NO".

There is no way for them to get around it. They will ask "Why not?" looking for a weakness to drive the dagger home (as The Anticult and corboy have eloquently explained).

The ONLY answer to any follow up questions is "NO". Don't be nice and weak and waiver and say something like "No...I don't have time" or "No, I don't think its for me" or "No, I don't have any money". All that will do is give this lady a new angle to attack from.

"No time? This doesn't take long at all! Time will fly by its so fun! I'll pick you up!"
"Not for you? That's what I thought until I went! When can I pick you up?"
"No money? It's FREE! They can work out a payment plan that is only pennies a day for advanced courses! I'll pick you up tonight!"

The answer NO gives the salesperson no room to wiggle and they don't know how to attack.

btw, this works for ALL SALESPEOPLE. Trust me, an ex-salesperson....

Posted by: Lee1983 ()
Date: June 16, 2009 07:23AM

Yes for gosh sakes be firm and never give an inch. I has the same thing happen with a JW neighbor....just would not stop. Like a stalker. Phone calls, junk in the mailbox, notes taped to door....constant being outside when I was and must talk. I made the mistake of being polite and trying to just say oh really...huh...interwsting..i should have said bog off point blank. BOG OFF. LEAVE ME ALONE. DONT TALK TO ME. it waould have made my life easier as in the end i had to say get lost. and so now she hates me. should have lket her hate me right off and saved myself hours of listeing to her blather away. plus i found out she is dishonest too and a user who needed rides, help aroung her house and was so so poor. as soon as i stopped helping and listening i was dirt to her and i could not get back items she has borrowed.

an expensive lesson. jw's are honest when it suits them but they think if they rip off a worldly person that's ok.

Cease and Desist Letter
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: June 19, 2009 09:22AM

This Cease and Desist Letter might be useful:
Sample Cease and Desist Letter for Harassment for use Against Opus Dei Operatives
Please find below a sample Cease and Desist Letter/Order that can be used against Opus Dei operatives when they are attempting to harass, pressure, intimidate and recruit potential members.
[www.crcnyc.net]

Though it is geared for the Opus Dei cult, it should be just as effective against Landmark cult members. Be sure to mail it with a record of delivery (FedEx, Delivery Confirmation).

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.