Current Page: 60 of 84
Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 20, 2010 05:42AM

'but that last post was totally unreadable'

I found that last post to be highly interesting as an exemplar of the manipulative mind at work. It does have the ring of authenticity, although I take your point, richiegb, that it could itself be misdirection.

I was left with the impression that David Styles is a veritable Iago, a Machiavelli of vampires, making a power grab in the midst of what must be a PR disaster of titanic proportion for the 'shiny, scientific' cryonics orgs such as Alcor.

Has he succeeded with his power grab, getting onto the board of directors despite his affiliations? (I'm not that conversant with the internal politics of the directors of the cryonics orgs)

What I found more concerning though is the mentality revealed by this:

The Temple believes its membership is made up of those who have "realized their difference from the masses of humanity and discovered they resonate with the night, know they are predators, and want something more out of life".

Basically, they acknowledge that they are predators and have formed a society to further that predation on the less predatory.
Whether or not that involves literal blood-sucking as opposed to just fleecing the naive, it is a very clear statement of intent.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cryonics, Cult
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 20, 2010 06:43AM

For some reason can't read that stuff! Will try again later.

Date: November 20, 2010 07:25AM

Satan is also known colloquially as the Prince of Darkness, the Lord of Lies and is generally perceived to understand both good and bad action/behaviour but to nevertheless choose to be bad. So Linguascelesta made a very knowing and self-conscious choice in calling himself 'villainous tongue.'
(In the UK we have a notorious politician who was also known as the Prince of Darkness for his Machiavellian intrigues, glib stories, smooth spin-doctoring and hidden power-broking--he was eventually made a peer of the Realm and currently sits in the House of Lords.)

If the above post is authentic David Styles, then he is revealing himself to be a consumate spin-doctor, feeding lies, half-truths and evasions to those who are wary of the PR fall-out of the revelation of his TOV and COS affiliations, where unavoidable admitting his membership but also providing a gloss/denial to be used by the org to mitigate the fall-out while simultaneously elevating himself as a good candidate for promotion to the board.

Compare this to commentary on Crowley's notorious Book of Lies:

[en.wikipedia.org])

'An explanation of the title on the facing page ends with the sentence, "There is no joke or subtle meaning in the publisher's imprint." This seems to be an ironic joke-reference to the fact that every word on the frontispiece apart from the name of the publishing-house had been subjected to tortuous qabalistic self-exegesis, yet according to Robert Anton Wilson in his 1977 book Cosmic Trigger I: The Final Secret of the Illuminati:

This might have been a veiled warning about what will follow, but is actually the first lie in the book; occult historian Francis King has carefully determined the date on the imprint is inaccurate by at least a year.'

With those so tortuously manipulative there is no possibility of looking for something real or truthful amongst the lies--it is all lies and will totally confuse anyone who attempts to make sense of it from a non-lying perspective.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 07:28AM by Stoic.

Date: November 20, 2010 08:02AM

Although not considered by some a true paradox the following might help unravel the confusion:
(if you don't enjoy tying your brain in knots, I'd skip the following as well as skip trying to make sense of Linguascelesta's post)

Liar Paradox (Eubulid or Epimenides Paradox)
This is a well known paradox written by the great stoical logician Chrysippos. The poet, grammarian and critic Philetus of Cos was said to have died of exhaustion attempting to resolve it.

1.A Cretan sails to Greece and says to some Greek men who are standing upon the shore: "All Cretans are liars." Did he speak the truth, or did he lie?
2.A week later, the Cretan sailed to Greece again and said: "All Cretans are liars and all I say is the truth." Although the Greeks on the shore weren't aware of what he had said the first time, they were truly puzzled.
If someone says "I always lie", are they telling the truth? Or are they lying?

The Liar Paradox:

[en.wikipedia.org]

and in more depth:

[www.iep.utm.edu]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 08:08AM by Stoic.

Date: November 20, 2010 09:50AM

As a note of personal explanation, I got involved in trying to solve such puzzles over the many years I spent trying to unravel the lies and manipulations of the milieu in which I grew up. Although I never did get a satisfactory resolution as to the 'why' of that, I did get such extended practice in mental problem solving that I sadly find such pointless mental exercise quite enjoyable now.

My point being that in normal circumstances it is unnecessary to torture the brain, it is sufficient to recognise a congenital liar and avoid him.

Posted by: Digger ()
Date: November 20, 2010 06:22PM

Richie posted in part this..................................

I have additionally spoken with Ben Best regarding the situation, operating on the assumption that if ******* is contacting everyone and their cat about this, it will also reach CI's ears. As, up until this point, Ben was the only person remotely suspicious of me, when the rumour reached him it would answer a lot of questions he had, so it was better if he had the facts from me first.

I should mention that I did get permission from Nemo who in turn got permission from Senior Management regarding this.

I filled Ben in on the past couple of decades of secrets that he has missed, and brainstormed with him regarding fixes for this situation.

He took it very well and reacted very reasonably, by the way.

He shares my suspicion that Andy Zawacki will not take it at all well or react very reasonably.

He will endeavour to intercept the CI email, which he checks while Andy is away (as he currently is for a few days), in the hopes of deleting anything from ******* before Andy sees it. It is understood however that Andy might still read it first on his Blackberry.

He thinks that it is possible that Andy will react suddenly with a public disavowal of any such associations, but more likely that he will take it to the CI Board of Directors for them to tackle.

The CI Board of Directors meets only once every few months, but will meet this Sunday.

If Andy hears of this in time to take it to the Directors before Sunday, and it is raised in the meeting, Ben will argue the case for watching and waiting at least a little bit before taking any action. This will mean no action will be taken before the next Board meeting, a few months away. This will give us breathing room.

Ben thinks it would be a good idea if, to help matters more in future, we could get someone on the Board of Directors in the next election. The deadline for becoming a candidate is August the 7th, 2010, but he advises to announce intention as early as possible to be listed in Long Life magazine.

Ben thinks that despite this current PR situation, I'd stand a good chance of being elected, given my reputation and what I have already done in the field.

Ben thinks it would not look suspicious, and advises that my recent election to the ImmInst Board of Directors did not look at all suspicious, and rather than acting against me, would stand in my favour.

Ben would support my candidacy.

I don't fully understand the whole post, but if this is proof that the CI president is trying to subvert information being made available to the CI board of directors, then if possible, post it here and somehow
we'll get this info to Zawacki and/or the CI board.

I don't understand what such a subversive agenda would achieve, but, if true, it stinks!

Posted by: richiekgb ()
Date: November 21, 2010 07:29AM

[sites.google.com]

could be getting in trouble..

Date: November 21, 2010 09:10AM

Interesting, but hardly surprising that David Styles aka Linguascelesta: 'villainous tongue' claims some expertise in NLP, he certainly works hard at manipulating the linguistics--as one of his fellow moderators noted.

What exactly is the 'mission' of the TOV----apart from the elitist self-help for predators angle? Anyone know? How does it tie into the cryonics 'mission.'?

richiegb, good luck in your dealings with this wordsmith, I'd advise a very long spoon and some caution regarding the legal limits of 'fair use', but I guess you are aware of that.

Date: November 21, 2010 11:51AM

The TOV makes promises similar to every newage business that claims to have the answer to how to become a superhuman.

'THE TEMPLE MISSION
The Temple has only one goal:
To find and awaken the rare few to their nature and their heritage.
We exist to find people like you.
Individuals who know they are different, who know that they deserve more from life, but have simply not found what they have been looking for.

...practical sorcery and the mastery of out-of-body experience. .....the mental technology known as magic.

THE PREDATOR OF HUMANS
The Vampire does not kill the living human prey
but we do consume the excess energy of life, the human Lifeforce.
This does no harm to the living as you will soon be able to prove.
Nevertheless, the Vampire accepts his dominant nature as a majestic predator, like the lion or wolf.'

Then come the buy buttons.

The obligatory book buying:
'In these few pages the mysteries and mechanics of the paranormal are laid bare.
In these few words the whole of the Vampire’s view on life, death, and surviving death are revealed.'

Blood-sucking is forbidden, thankfully, what with blood-borne diseases--so I guess that is where cryonics comes in, to fill the gaping gap in the ideology of immortality.

The upsell:
Workshops, seminars and real-time events.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 11:52AM by Stoic.

Posted by: richiekgb ()
Date: November 21, 2010 09:22PM

Highly speculative but this is what i gather from my sources:
From what I can gather the Temple promises to sell its students the secret of immortality - the answer is cryonics.
It starts with buying the book and ring - then they are encouraged to buy monthly membership.

There are two sides to thier beliefs - "The Dayside Vampire is a practising transhumanist - we seize the use of emerging technologies to achieve the Posthuman Condition of Homo Excelsior - the attainment of physical immortality, enhanced intelligence and practical Godhood" "the Nightside Vampire strives to more fully embrace the Vampiric nature by developing the many powers of the a vampire to include shape shifting, flying, mesmeric power and Communion with the Undead Gods"

To become a Adept you must show mastery over the both night and day - proof of this is being able to afford a cryonics contract and getting one.

"by developing the opposing Dayside and Nightside perspectives, The vampire induces a tension between the worlds of truth and fantasy.
The result is a growing capacity to cause change in the material world such that dreams of the night leave footprints in the day.

This we call the twilight"

They claim to be athiest's but their lit contains so much mumbo-jumbo its like some kind of occultic techno religion - one of the core elements is that "some technologies are indistiguishable from magick" - More Arthur C Clarke bashing! :)

George C Smith is the guy who wrote all this stuff I think and David Styles is his "prodigy" who is a master of manipulation and has managed to get his fingers in quite a few pies.
I believe that Styles pies include Eucrio, Cryonics UK, Cryonics institute, Alcor Portugal, Suspended Animation inc and possibly Saul Kent. I think he and other members of this "secret
club" have infiltrated a lot of non-profits to gain power and influence. Apparently the "undead gods" are a group of "adepts" who use thier influential positions to manuvoure organisations
in the "temples interests". There is something about apocalypse beliefs as well and that they will be the chosen to deal with the chaos of the Technological Singularity.

Here G. has put up info about another thing he did called "the Anger Cure" - [sites.google.com]

Note: George C. Smith, M.A., is a Washington state Certified Mental Health Counselor (C.M.H.C.) in private practice for over 25 years.

Are mental Health Counselors supposed to run loads of dodgy self help organisations and groom young people in cults?

Is this another "fake qualifications "claim to make money?

Current Page: 60 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.