Current Page: 28 of 30
Re: Victor Baranco, Lafayette Morehouse,Nicole Daedone, One Taste - cults?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 10, 2020 11:18PM

The Orgasm Workshop I Went To Rang Alarm Bells - Some Now Allege It Was Part of a Sex Cult

[inews.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 22, 2021 10:51AM

Keywords

Victor Baranco
Nicole Daedone
The Welcomed Consensus
One Taste
OneTaste Urban Retreat
Morehouse
OM-ing
Urban Monk
Gwyneth Paltrow
Magic School
Marks
The Institute of OM
Orgasmic Meditation (OM

Inside the multi-million dollar orgasm cult endorsed by Hollywood
A story of idealism and desire, of Californian sex communes....and three-hour orgasms

By Mick Brown 21 April 202

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Date: January 12, 2022 08:51PM

Persons who were in three different cults (International Church of Christ, Andrew Cohen's EnlightenNext and One Taste tell their stories. One Taste is Story #3)

What makes these so valuable is each person describes the complex mixture of good and bad that attracted them to the group, bonded them deeply to the group and its leaders, and led to considerable sunk costs before they realized they needed to leave.

In the case of One Taste, it came down to money.

THREE FORMER CULT MEMBERS ON WHAT IT TOOK FOR THEM TO FINALLY BREAK FREE

[melmagazine.com]

I started working for them when I lived in the house, and that was also amazing — until the team stopped making money, and we stopped getting paid. There was all this other drama as well, and I started to see that making money was a huge focus of the organization, more than the teachings. My savings were gone pretty quick: I paid for the $15,000 coaching program. They got people like me, who didn’t have 15 grand, to put it all on credit cards, and they got people like me, who didn’t really have a job, to continue not having a job and living off their credit cards, which is why I left with a pretty hefty sum of debt.

But...there were benefits at first.

People get hooked because they take the $99 class, the clit-stroking practice, and most people’s lives do change positively in some way. Then they buy into the more expensive programs, which are less valuable than their cheap programs, but that’s how marketing works. I actually stand by their practice: It’s super legitimate, and most of their claims, though they might be exaggerated — what it does for men is, it teaches them to have an extremely long attention span. It develops into intuition that can make us feel our body more. This might sound crazy, but all the benefits I get from doing yoga I definitely got from doing this practice. I got to be more in my body and got good at paying attention to a really small object in a meditative fashion. It made my sex life a lot better, too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2022 08:55PM by corboy.

For all who think this won't be embarassing
Date: May 27, 2022 04:31AM

For those who think this won't be embarrassing later in life...

Inside Hollywood’s Orgasm Cult

With the support of stars like Gwyneth Paltrow, Nicole Daedone built a lucrative empire on the promise of a 15-minute female orgasm, but what seemed like sexual salvation to some was denounced as sexploitation by many others.

[www.lamag.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2022 04:39AM by corboy.

Nicole Daedone sues the BBC for libel
Posted by: SageGreen ()
Date: May 27, 2022 05:38AM

From the UK publication The Times, 14 April 2022: Gwyneth Paltrow's sex guru, Nicole Daedone sues the BBC for libel.

I assume this is in response to the BBC podcast The Orgasm Cult ? This seemed to me to cover the same ground as the Bloomberg articles , etc., so perhaps it is because the libel laws are different in the UK?

Date: November 04, 2022 11:49PM

Former OneTaste Teacher Says Netflix Lawsuit Is an Attempt to Silence Victims

Fourteen people are suing Netflix over an upcoming documentary about controversial sexual wellness group OneTaste. But a former teacher says their case isn’t as clear as it seems.

Adam Manno

Daily Beast Updated Nov. 04

[www.thedailybeast.com]

Date: November 13, 2022 05:05AM

My weekend at OneTaste, the ‘sex cult’ made famous by Netflix’s Orgasm Inc

Orgasmic meditation’ was sold as female empowerment; meanwhile the business behind it was being investigated by the FBI. Cult Trip author Anke Richter recounts her own visit to OneTaste, the bizarre company at the centre of a new Netflix documentary.

Link:

[thespinoff.co.nz]

(Quote)Sandra told me she gave massages after work to be able to afford a “Nicole Circle”, a women-only weekend with the leader that would set her back US$6500.

Only gaunt and grey-haired Mark*, who had known Daedone since her wild days at the sex commune Lafayette Morehouse and followed her loyally on her unusual career path ever since, seemed weary. He became a sex addict in the early days, he told me. Now he was monogamous. OMing for him was “like walking the dog – you don’t always feel like doing it, but you know it needs to be done.”(Unquote)

Lafayette Morehouse is still hard at it today:

[www.kqed.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2022 10:34PM by corboy.

Date: November 15, 2022 10:48PM

Detailed discussion on Reddit

[www.reddit.com]

Date: November 24, 2022 01:50PM

Former members of an 'orgasm cult' say leaders encouraged them to have sex to settle arguments and heal from trauma

Julia Naftulin
Nov 22, 2022, 7:32 AM

* A new Netflix documentary details the rise of OneTaste and Nicole Daedone.

* In the documentary, former members say leaders encouraged them to have sex with other members to resolve trauma.

[www.insider.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2022 01:53PM by corboy.

One Taste Daedone Cherwitz Indicted
Date: June 08, 2023 12:59AM

(For years, One Taste's HQ was located in San Francisco, on Folsom Street, south of Market. Later, OT HQ moved to an address on Market Street and Van Ness Street, its location identifiable by large letters reading, Love Your Orgasm.

The establishment was blaringly adjacent to the Market Street offices of a blameless San Francisco trial lawyer.)

They Promised ‘Orgasm Meditation.’ They Delivered a Sex Cult, Feds Say.

Published June 7, 2023

[cultnews.net]

SF-Founded Sex Cult-y Group OneTaste Has Founder, Top Executive Indicted For Forced Labor, Sex Traffic

The once-popular, pricey “orgasm workshop” OneTaste is now defunct, but its founder and a top executive were indicted Tuesday for forced labor conspiracy and forcing people to perform non-consensual sex acts.

[sfist.com]

Discussion on Reddit

[www.reddit.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2023 02:01AM by corboy.

Current Page: 28 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.