Current Page: 93 of 197
Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: Sile ()
Date: November 12, 2011 04:14AM

Also, please notice that in the NKT thread I was not apologizing for NKT, and in fact posted my personal observations debunking the myth that the NKT survivors group "doesn't allow positive posts about NKT."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 12, 2011 04:17AM

Sile:

You "don't have experience with Ole Nydahl"?

Why are you here?

Just to argue?

Date: November 12, 2011 04:18AM

Sile:

NKT is not the subject of this thread.

Date: November 12, 2011 04:21AM

rrmoderator
Sile:

You "don't have experience with Ole Nydahl"?

Why are you here?

Just to argue?

No...I've been reading the posts in several of the threads. When corboy mentioned not observing the teacher, I felt compelled to respond.

I know what it feels like to be in a cult. I'm familiar with the dangers, the delusions, the difficult ties; it's difficult to see an organization from the inside, yet it's also problematic to examine it from the outside.

I do believe observing the teacher is important, if one is drawn to Diamond Way or any other organization. It's important to use your head.

Date: November 12, 2011 04:24AM

rrmoderator
Sile:

NKT is not the subject of this thread.

You said you thought I was here to be an apologist - I was showing that I'm not here to be an apologist.

I have good and bad things to say about the cult I was in, for example. Will I be called an apologist if I say Seventh Day Advetism was loving in many ways? Will someone here who mentions something positive about Ole Nydahl become and apologist?

It's wrong to immediately accuse a cult victim of lying about their negative experiences, and it's just as wrong to accuse a cult victim of lying about their positive experiences. How can we sort fact from fiction if we simply accuse each other of lying at every turn?

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 12, 2011 04:35AM

If you are for human rights in Tibet, why deny human rights of female students to study Dharma and not be used as sex toys by lamas, eh?

Or are they excluded from the Compassion Bandwagon?

Date: November 12, 2011 04:41AM

corboy
If you are for human rights in Tibet, why deny human rights of female students to study Dharma and not be used as sex toys by lamas, eh?

Or are they excluded from the Compassion Bandwagon?

My previous posts have not shown up, so I don't know if this one will.

I guess I'm going to go back to the Seventh-Day Adventist and Chinese forums, where oddly enough, less censorship is taking place.

Date: November 12, 2011 04:49AM

Sile:

The Seventh Day Adventist Church is not a "cult". It is a religion.

These basic issues are addressed at [www.culteducation.com]

You will find an explanation of cults at this link. The Seventh Day Adventists are mentioned as a group that essentially evolved into the mainstream.

See [www.culteducation.com]

These basic warning signs regarding group structure and dynamics are helpful to understand if a group or teacher is potentially unsafe.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This is the "Recovery" page, which can help to "sort fact from fiction" in the recovery process. There is also a directory of helpful licensed counselors that have experience helping people in this area.

Again, this thread is not about Seventh Day Adventists, the general topic of cults or warning signs. This thread is about Ole Nydahl and his group called the Diamond Way.

Perhaps you should either start another thread on another subject or move to another thread?

You did say that you "don't have experience" with this group.

Date: November 12, 2011 04:55AM

Sile:

All your posts went through.

But go wherever you wish.

bye

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2011 04:56AM by rrmoderator.

Date: November 12, 2011 05:26AM

My apologies, rrmoderator, I thought my posts had been deleted. I'll stop participating in the Ole Nydahl discussion as you requested. I continue to read with interest corboy's experiences with Diamond Way, as I've heard so much about these people but not experienced them directly.

Current Page: 93 of 197

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.