Current Page: 67 of 197
Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: milarepa ()
Date: January 02, 2011 10:32AM

Hello Everyone,

[www.facebook.com] check out this account in facebook and maybe we can use it as well not just to write here. This is a great place to discuss everything here but if we want to change or just make people be aware of the real situation we should write there as well.

Everything is getting more confusing within diamond way community more and more people are falling out. So we should be not ashamed of what happened we should make aware of other people.

People who left or needed to leave are not "sick and not damaged " how Daffyd Morris would suggest it from the London Sangha. I have left the group as well and to tell the truth i feel healthier, happier and more controlled over my life than before.
If you feel the same lets open up then!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2011 10:43AM by milarepa.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 04, 2011 01:59AM

Guys,

Have you heard of the new documentary with a Lama? Called Lama24?

Please check out the trailer and look and feel disgust freely.
This is the link to that

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 04, 2011 04:29AM

I've added a YouTube link to the hagiography:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: suenam ()
Date: January 05, 2011 05:46PM

I see the censorship of critical comments has already started on that you tube page.

Incidentally, the director has also made commercials for macdonals...

Date: January 06, 2011 06:12AM

Of course they have everywhere clan members who are responsible of the control. You can try to send a message on the 24 lama facebook account. Within 5! minutes the comment will dissapear. It could be automatic but even in youtube happens the same. What a sad thing they need to do this. I thought ole likes open mindness and different views!!!

Date: January 06, 2011 09:48PM

here is a link to different versions of the trailer. the new version has been toned down to look less raucous

[wn.com]

in the new version, nydahl makes a strange comment, saying that he knows he's not enlightened because he has no idea what the lady who lives 4 doors away is cooking for dinner!

he seems to have confused Buddhism with a belief in supernatural metaphysics

Posted by: Sceptic Watcher ()
Date: January 07, 2011 01:20AM

Usually the Diamond Way organisation is rather good at PR stuff, but I think this may be a blunder. While having a clear appeal to DW members, I imagine it to be off-putting for people who are not yet part of the organisation. This kind of hagiography isn't very palatable when you watch it before having met the subject under conditions where your critical thinking was impaired (i.e., sitting in a lecture hall where ~thousand people agree with every word and laugh at every joke).

Posted by: SteveLpool ()
Date: January 07, 2011 07:07PM

The trailer doesn't do him any favours. It just shows a boastful old man and avoids anything really meaningful about Buddhism. He now claims to have had a birth mark which identifies him as Mahakala!!!??

I've never heard him claim to be enlightened. I have heard him claim to be liberated so there is nothing remarkable in his statement about not being enlightened.

The video just demonstrates what his students regard as his primary role for them. An all round action hero, complete with G.I. Joe combats. Crowd surfing, jumping, dancing, boasting about parachute jumps, women, drinking and partying. Not much emphasis on Buddhist meditation is there?

And here is the problem. It's not Buddhism! The trailer clearly shows that Buddhist meditation is the very last thing on their minds. It will appeal to his existing students and attract those who have no real interest in Buddhism.

Steve

Date: January 07, 2011 11:01PM

My point was concerning the reason he gave for not yet achieving enlightenment, which was not knowing what was going on in a house 4 doors away.

Now, had he had said that he knows he's not enlightened because he's a self-opinionated and bigoted egomaniac, then at least he would have shown some insight into the true nature of Buddhism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 11:03PM by suenam.

Posted by: jah ()
Date: January 08, 2011 02:29AM

Very revealing portrayal of how Lama Ole thinks, which I have found helpful so thanks.

I found this statement, "I'm not really a person, but more a program," in many ways an accurate description of how he comes off. I'm wondering what other people think of that statement.

Current Page: 67 of 197

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.