Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: August 14, 2012 09:37PM

Hi Steve,

I think Nydahl would never have been such succesful without giving Phowa. First he had just ten or twenty listeners in his lectures, for a long while. Than he decided to give Phowa -the legend is Sharmapa had adviced him to give it - and a lot people came out of curiosity or because they were near to the issue "conscious dying". At that time researching of dying and the process which happens then were "In". All you can realise while the six yogas of Naropa is something like near-death experience. Some do, some do not.

We had this discussion here long ago, Steve, and I don´t want to open it again. May be you are interesteted in this article:

[www.religionnewsblog.com]

It shows hard facts. And Wikipedia is also recommendable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puella ()
Date: August 14, 2012 10:50PM

dariusb
The Phowa practice is tantric practice and tantric practices are not understood well in western cultures so scrap everything as total nonsence would be a little bit unwise.

Things are not black and white with Diamond Way. I would say it is important to discriminate between a subtle level of spiritual phenomena and a gross level of social reality. Those two are not the same. In my view each of those levels follows different laws.

Even though Phowa works on the subtle level as a spiritual transmission it doesn't necessarily mean the social level of the organisation is healthy. Personality cult and mob mentality are social phenomena and they have nothing to do with Phowa as such. Those are two different things.

Phowa given by Ole Nydahl works as a spiritual transmission. While at the same time we deal with clear pathologies on the social level of Diamond way organisation.

Posted by: ~*~ k a t e ~*~ ()
Date: August 15, 2012 12:17AM

Assuming you do beleive in Phowa (which you are entitled to, but this isn't the place to discuss it), do you really want to trust a racist, lying, sexist fool like Ole Nydahl with your 'living death'? I wouldn't.

I ask again for any proof regarding this head injury one is supposed to get after doing 'Phowa'...

Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: August 15, 2012 01:12AM

"It's very interesting to hear others had the same experience with the whole head wound nonsense."

Kate, you should also accept the reports of those who explained having this wound, like Darius and me. It does not mean, Nydahl isn´t that racist and secterian teacher as he is reported here, like puella said.

Posted by: ~*~ k a t e ~*~ ()
Date: August 15, 2012 03:57AM

karam-mudra
"It's very interesting to hear others had the same experience with the whole head wound nonsense."

Kate, you should also accept the reports of those who explained having this wound, like Darius and me. It does not mean, Nydahl isn´t that racist and secterian teacher as he is reported here, like puella said.

I have seen no evidence to suggest that any head wound happens after Phowa in the Diamond Way cult. Until I do see such evidence, I remain highly sceptical. For the third time, where is this evidence???!!

I find it very difficult to believe that nobody has ever taken a picture of this, and that such a wound has miraculously appeared and healed within a day. Every time I asked people who had done Phowa to see this wound. Every time they claimed it had already gone, even the next day.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2012 04:05AM by ~*~ k a t e ~*~.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 15, 2012 04:23AM

karam-mudra:

Please stay on topic.

We have had problems with people staying on topic within this thread.

The topic is Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way.

Let's not devolve into tangents.

Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: August 15, 2012 04:30AM

well Kate you will have to go and attend one of Phowa practices given by different Lamas around the world if you want to see the signs. On other hand,we can x ray my head may be it will show it,who knows.
I never heard Ole saying that he can switch on and off a rainbow? where did he say that? I heard people talking this nonsence and other too.
I read somewhere that Ole did not speak against Islam prior nineties?Who knows him that long? And when his last teacher died ,Lopon Tsechu? May be with out his teachers he lost his ways. May be his teacher new how to control him?
We can't deny that Ole has a lot of energy to do things but without proper guidance from good intentions we have a cult instead? Just a thought.

Date: August 15, 2012 04:32AM

dariusb:

Please do not stray off topic.

Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: August 15, 2012 04:33AM

Moderaitor we are on topic Phowa is a part of Ole's teachings . We
just have to establish if a teacher is a rasist sexist some say fraud does it mean his teachings are not valid!

Date: August 15, 2012 04:35AM

If posts are off topic they will not be approved, but instead be deleted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.