Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: ~*~ k a t e ~*~ ()
Date: August 27, 2012 05:03AM

FYI, I have recieved word that the Diamond Way cult is now being investigated by the UK Charity Commission. Well done to everyone who put in complaints.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puella ()
Date: August 28, 2012 02:27PM

puella

SteveLpool more or less in the same time Ole sent the letter criticising his students for discussing Islam in his centres, Tomek Lehnert sent a letter to all diamond way centers worldwide with a photo of a buddhist from Russia. I don't remember whether the name of the man was mentioned but the letter very clearly said that this man was excluded and has no right to enter any of diamond way centers.

At that time they had something like 600 centers and he sent it to all of them, informing a couple of thousands people about this man.

Imagine they did it to someone form Russia. If they have done it to somebody in a different country, there would be human rights issue. But Russian …

Does anyone remember this letter being sent? I do.
It is a group culture which induces behaviours that provoke scapegoating.

Date: August 31, 2012 05:31AM

Ole Nydahl got into Tibetan Buddhism in the 60's when he was doing hash smuggling and then went off the rails at some point. His major problem is that his support of the dark horse candidate for the 17th Karmapa has isolated him and all of his centers because like, 95% of the Tibetan Buddhist world has accepted the other child as the 17th Karmapa and no amount of sending monks to beat up other monks in India can change that.

Ole is very well-received in parts of Europe because he's Danish and he kicks out people who disagree with him, but got a poor reception when he came to speak in America. He has also made powerful enemies: those who have been burned by him and the women who have been raped by him.

This group's intensions is to take money from people.

Posted by: SteveLpool ()
Date: August 31, 2012 09:50PM

To OleNydahlIsAFraud.

I'm not a supporter of Ole Nydahl by any means but I'm not aware of there being any allegations or charges brought against him for the 'physical' crime of rape. Could you provide links to pages which support your claims that he has carried out this crime?

From my experiences, and also from accounts of others, Nydahl is guilty of exploiting his position as the leader of DWB in such a way that he has had sexual relations with quite a number of his female students but that these 'physical' acts were consentual.

Thanks

Steve

Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: September 01, 2012 10:31PM

SteveLpool
To OleNydahlIsAFraud.

I'm not a supporter of Ole Nydahl by any means but I'm not aware of there being any allegations or charges brought against him for the 'physical' crime of rape. Could you provide links to pages which support your claims that he has carried out this crime?

From my experiences, and also from accounts of others, Nydahl is guilty of exploiting his position as the leader of DWB in such a way that he has had sexual relations with quite a number of his female students but that these 'physical' acts were consentual.

Thanks

Steve
I have to agree with Steve on this one there never been any alagations of physical rape. Ole abuses his responsibility as a Buddhist teacher by taking advantage from his female students.And he is right wing racist who uses his position to propagate his politics instead of teaching what XVI Karmapa asked him to teach.
To OleNydahlisafraud,
can we leave Karmapa controversy alone let's concentrate on DWB and Ole.Both Karmapas are doing great job by teaching Buddhism and hopefully this issue will be resolved in peaceful way with both sides coming out as winners.

Date: September 03, 2012 03:46PM

I am starting to wonder if you are trolling, OleNydahlIsAFraud?
I too have never heard any accusations of rape against Ole Nydahl. He takes advantage of brainwashed students, yes. He sexually abuses his position of power, yes. But rape? I'm not so sure it can be termed as that.

I had an e-mail to me this morning as someone left a comment on a blog of mine. It makes interesting reading with regards to the Diamond Way mindset and how they justify these things in their mind. This may sound very familiar to many of us who are former members, but it should be an eye opener to others. I should also add that I have seen evidence that he WAS arrested and convicted for drug smuggling and spent several months in prison in Denmark.

Ole was never convicted for the drug smuggling and anyway he was a hippie which is totally understandable. This is the egoistic thing of people not to allow anyone to change from what they were before. The comments what Lama makes are the truth. Complaining and protesting will never change the truth. If life on Africa would be the result of negative karma than what is? So why don't you move there if that is so great, why they all want to live in our western countries if they are do great?
Just one more though of line in regards to:
Sex, women and Ole...
Women are lined up and initiated with sex with the Lama in DWB. This is just the free choice of two individuals to get toghether sharing their bodies to give pleasure to each other. This is the way of western people. I can undestand that there are emotions come about, just like in any realationship in the world, so it is not the fault of the Lama... The Lama has no emotional just the partner, but it is not the fault of the Lama. How could that be? If a non-holywood movistar person wants to be with a Holywood Movie Start because of his/her podition in societ does not make the Holywood mivie start at fault... Again women are not fixed to have sex with the Lama, it happens only time to time when two individuals with free-will decide to do so.

Posted by: dariusb ()
Date: September 04, 2012 05:49PM

~*~ k a t e ~*~
I am starting to wonder if you are trolling, OleNydahlIsAFraud?
I too have never heard any accusations of rape against Ole Nydahl. He takes advantage of brainwashed students, yes. He sexually abuses his position of power, yes. But rape? I'm not so sure it can be termed as that.

I had an e-mail to me this morning as someone left a comment on a blog of mine. It makes interesting reading with regards to the Diamond Way mindset and how they justify these things in their mind. This may sound very familiar to many of us who are former members, but it should be an eye opener to others. I should also add that I have seen evidence that he WAS arrested and convicted for drug smuggling and spent several months in prison in Denmark.

Ole was never convicted for the drug smuggling and anyway he was a hippie which is totally understandable. This is the egoistic thing of people not to allow anyone to change from what they were before. The comments what Lama makes are the truth. Complaining and protesting will never change the truth. If life on Africa would be the result of negative karma than what is? So why don't you move there if that is so great, why they all want to live in our western countries if they are do great?
Just one more though of line in regards to:
Sex, women and Ole...
Women are lined up and initiated with sex with the Lama in DWB. This is just the free choice of two individuals to get toghether sharing their bodies to give pleasure to each other. This is the way of western people. I can undestand that there are emotions come about, just like in any realationship in the world, so it is not the fault of the Lama... The Lama has no emotional just the partner, but it is not the fault of the Lama. How could that be? If a non-holywood movistar person wants to be with a Holywood Movie Start because of his/her podition in societ does not make the Holywood mivie start at fault... Again women are not fixed to have sex with the Lama, it happens only time to time when two individuals with free-will decide to do so.

In DWB they propagate pure view vajrayana way. But reading thoughts above it does not seem that some of them cultivate pure view at all or i don't understand something. On one hand they do not need to follow some of Buddha's truths(eightfold path) because they hold pure view and than i read sentences like that.
" This is just the free choice of two individuals to get together sharing their bodies to give pleasure to each other. This is the way of western people. I can understand that there are emotions come about, just like in any relationship in the world, so it is not the fault of the Lama..."
It is total contradiction. If one accepts him/her self as a yogi and practice pure view specially the Lama when is it possible to drop that. Reading stuff like that about DWB and how everything is laid down in their teachings i can see more confusion and less solution to that confusion. It seems that it is aloud to be yogi whenever suites one and to change to ordinary human being whenever one wants. If my thinking is right it is very easy to manipulate people around. rules can change any time as one pleased?
Kate can you post a link to your blog please i would like to read more of those comments.

Date: September 05, 2012 01:39AM

Sorry, but I am reluctant to post my blog address on here, as I fear Diamond Way cult members will try to get it shut down. They have clearly browsed this site in the past to get hold of the addresses and owners of critical sites to then send legal threats to the web hosts.

Posted by: adriennv ()
Date: September 05, 2012 06:19PM

Hi Kate,

Maybe sound strange but it would be important to see all the material what you are working on or even open up. For me it looks like yo write about staff but it does not exist in reality. To be afraid of them it is silly and you can always save your material in different ways-nowadays the technical facility is so good. In my opinion is time to stand up for our rights and time to open up to show we do not care what they want to do with us. We are independent so we can send information and facts anywhere and anyhow.
If we are all hiding and never come out we just give them the power and the right ideas to continue their strange behavior.

Posted by: Sceptic Watcher ()
Date: September 06, 2012 02:06AM

Alternatively, you could use private messages on this forum to share the link to your blog with those people you trust not to pass that information on to DW-members.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.