Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Dassi ()
Date: September 15, 2007 05:45AM

Oh and Heshy was a buff guy.
Being Sid's accountant gave him good food and a nice place to live.
He was free to not go to kirtans too.
Extra priveledges persona.
But he was always nice to everyone.
Kind of goofy,
not gun toting.

Several guys got into Kung Fu and trained
with a man on Kauai who also trained with Bruce Lee.

Body guards were known to carry a gun.

Don't know how militiarized, criminalized, or radicalized the cult is now.
Anything is possible.

To answer a question from long ago...
there was another commune started by ex Taylor Camp people
when Taylor Camp closed down.
They inhabitted a plot of land purchased by a group of shrinks.
One was a black guy.
There was no central religion or political system,
just a kind of feeble cooperative.
Locals attacked some women and burnt a house down.
Probably closed the new place down for health and building code violations.

The old Taylor Camp was never a recruitment center for Sid.
He was not taken seriously there.
It was just a free place to stay and hang out with naked hippies.
Koolau was down the road. The temple was a place to get free food and drum for fun. Most T capmpees were vegetarian but no way would they give up sex and dope!
But certainly all the devotees tried their best to point out the error of their hippie enjoyer ways and thought the magic chanting and prasadam would
do the trick.
I tell you,
they were not successful.
and we were looked at as fanatical jokes
who served good food on Sundays!
And hey! They would be right!

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: quotesman ()
Date: September 15, 2007 08:54AM

Dassi
Hey quotesman,
Nice to have you back!

:D

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: September 16, 2007 08:57AM

Yo, Quotesman, yes, I stand corrected ... I forgot about the policies for not committing offences! that would certainly need at least two more people!

Apparently there was a huge book explaining all the policies for looking after Srila Praboofraud's material needs... Too bad we don't have a copy of this - would make for some amusing reading on this forum!

I do remember receiving a big parcel in the mail, explaining all the problems with Sid's life at that time... I opened the parcel and read the first line: Apparently Sid's shower pressure was "tilly" -- i.e. not enough pressure. I did not read any further...

Poor Sid. After a long hard day of surfing he had to come to a piss-poor shower!

Dah, why did they not call a plumber?
Dah, install a larger water pump?

If the water table was too low and thus a shortage of water pressure, then it was certainly not my fault ... No, siree, you can blame that one on the person who created this world... (was it Brahma, Vishnu, or the man Krishna himself?) Those darned demigods... no, can't blame them... it must be the disciples' fault... Those darned useless followers!

Amazing that we did not see through his egomania, which was really quite strong even 20 or 30 years ago...

Maybe subconsciously we did see his egomania developing and turned a blind eye to it, because we believed in the Krishna philosophy so much ???

:?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 16, 2007 07:17PM

Oh Lord, who could forget the policies. That was one of the things that caused me to have doubts. The policies just kept getting more and more absurd and the book bigger and bigger. I remember thinking, 'following these policies is making me rediculuos!!!.'

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 16, 2007 07:26PM

The last time I glanced in the policy book I turned to page 538 or something and read the policy for serving fearless leader while he went skiing with his family. Yep he not only likes to surf but skiing is also a pastime. It read something like the servant was not supposed to laugh or smile if fearless leader was having fun and joking with his wife etc., something like that. The servant was to remember he was there to serve not take part in the fun.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 16, 2007 09:23PM

quotesman
The last time I glanced in the policy book I turned to page 538 or something and read the policy for serving fearless leader while he went skiing with his family. Yep he not only likes to surf but skiing is also a pastime. It read something like the servant was not supposed to laugh or smile if fearless leader was having fun and joking with his wife etc., something like that. The servant was to remember he was there to serve not take part in the fun.

Yeeeehaaaaaa - skiing? ... this is news to me, Quotesman ... Unbelievable.

Certainly the man has become a complete madman.

It sounds like he is trying to enjoy like Prince Charles and the Royal Family.

Certainly his character and activities seem completely the opposite of ACB, who used to joke about surfers, calling them "sufferers" - and I'm sure ACB never took expensive skiing holidays...

No smiling for the peons -- yes, totally unbelievable!

Too bad someone is not in possession of that policy book -- it would be interesting to see what other madness it contains.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 16, 2007 10:15PM

:lol: I can't stop laughing.

Thinking of that hilarious scene in the "Life of Brian" where the centurion is busting the Roman soldiers for laughing every time he mentions his friend "Biggus Dickus" ... the poor soldier is trying to control his laughter but when he mentions his wife's name "Vagina Maxima" the poor soldier can't hold it in any longer and bursts out laughing!

:lol:

NO LAUGHING OR SMILING FOR THE WORKER BEES! HILARIOUS! :lol:

Seems like ACB spent his life translating and producing volumes on the Vaisnava religion, how to worship God, etc.

Seems like Jagad Guru spent his life producing volumes on how to worship Jagad Guru.

:shock:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 16, 2007 11:17PM

"

Seems like Jagad Guru spent his life producing volumes on how to worship Jagad Guru.

:shock:[/quote

Yep. That about sums it up.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 16, 2007 11:22PM

Dassi

We were in the cult at different times and witnessed different things, but all left for the same reasons. We all found Chris Butler to be a narcissistic fraud and not a true spiritual master.
Yes, the group can give you a purpose in life, a sense of belonging and acceptance, a new culture, a feeling of complete self righteousness and clarity about everything in life. It is all very seductive for a person suffering from loneliness, in need of attention, and who feels disenfranchised from family and friends. There is camaraderie and good music. But it’s not all genuine. It is not an authentic way to live. It stifles creativity, ambition, philanthropy, financial security, and encourages prejudices not held prior to the cult.

It also stifles smiling and laughter -- whaaaaa?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: September 16, 2007 11:25PM

"Too bad someone is not in possession of that policy book -- it would be interesting to see what other madness it contains." googling

By now there is probably a policy book to explain the policies for handling the policy book.

Yes everyone became ridiculous. The policy book would be a hot item to get a hold of. After reading this I am sure they will add another chapter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.